main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Hair in the Star Wars Saga

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by Darkslayer, Jan 7, 2016.

1. CT1138

CT1138 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2013
    I also loved Obi-Wan's suave hair, and goatee/sorta-beard he has going on in Ep. III:
    [​IMG]

2. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    What hair? :p

3. Sith_Smuggler

Sith_Smuggler Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 9, 2016
    I was 12 years old when RotS came out and I saw this picture. I became obsessed with Padme's hairband, and tried to make my own by attaching several of my old metal headbands together.

It was an epic fail.

Padme has the best hair in the entire saga though! Beautiful hairstyles, nice and thick and a pretty color (but then I always am a sucker for darker hair...haha!)

Anakin and Obi-Wan both are runners up...especially in episode 3. Luke has him moments as well. But yeah, Padme is the queen.

4. SophieCo

SophieCo Jedi Youngling

Dec 21, 2015
    Padmé's hair truly is beautiful, but really it's all over the place and doesn't make sense at all. It's been driving me crazy for YEARS.

For example, in AotC, it falls all the way down to her perky little backside when loose and straight (arrival at Coruscant at the beginning of the film), but in the arena on Geonosis, she manages to put all that hair up in a tiny little twisted bun. IMPOSSIBLE. No-one can fit that much hair into such a small bun!

In RotS in the balcony scene, her curls fall almost halfway down her back, but in the Padmé's ruminations scene, her hair is styled almost the same and it barely comes over her shoulders. Then the bun-braid-thing she's wearing on Mustafar is all the way down to her waist. I mean I get that curly hair looks shorter, but not that much shorter! And braiding one's hair shortens it, it doesn't make it longer!

Also, girlfriend sure has a lot of time to do her hair. "Husband has turned to the Dark Side? Better try and talk him out of this nonsense, but not before I put my hair up in an impossibly intricate and complicated braid! I know he likes him some good ol' Lara Croft style!"

I don't actually mind the changing hairdos, but the changing length has been a pet peeve of mine forever.

There, glad I finally got that off my chest. Carry on. :p

5. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Kanjiklub's hair

[​IMG]

Extensions, my friend, extensions. Or maybe she is bald an using nothing but wigs :p

6. SophieCo

SophieCo Jedi Youngling

Dec 21, 2015

The Marie Antoinette of the galaxy far, far away, who would've thought? :p
    Padmé putting in some extensions to pretend to be a handmaiden to a senator while in fact she's the real senator sounds tacky and very wrong though, lol.

Mostly Handless and Deliveranze like this.
  7. Deliveranze

Deliveranze Force Ghost star 6

Nov 28, 2015

Damn, that's what I call passion! :D

8. Seagoat

Seagoat Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2013
    S/O to Luke's windswept 'do

[​IMG]

Cypess and AniLukeRey like this.
  9. Zenwalker

Zenwalker Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 18, 2015
    As a fellow bald guy, I'm a fan of the Mace Windu look. :D

P.S. I'm not a baldie by choice, LOL.

10. Sith_Smuggler

Sith_Smuggler Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 9, 2016

Plenty of hair extensions and fake hair bundles + a personal stylist can work wonders...lol!

11. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
  12. DarthAnakin96

DarthAnakin96 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 5, 2016
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Like grandfather like grandson? But seriously both of their hairs are fabulous. I'm jealous

13. Sepra

Sepra Force Ghost star 5

Jan 14, 2016
    Or just you tube videos and extensions. That battle maiden hair is pretty simple, as is the Geonosis bun.

Also, I take exception to the Jedi hair being "mullets". I was around for the real deal, and trust me, you have not seen a party in the back like that in forever.

I've always fancied the 80s windswept guys look that Anakin has for men. But Obi-Wan's ROTS styling was on point too.

14. AniLukeRey

AniLukeRey Jedi Padawan star 1

Feb 6, 2016
    I LOVE Luke's hair in ANH. So blond and Cali. Also Anakin and Obi wans in ep 3, and Kylo's in the new film.

I love Padme's hair too, but I always cringed when she had the "Leia" buns. I thought that was too on-the-nose, even though they were styled a bit differently. I feel the same way about Kylo's scar...I'm like, that's Anakin's scar dammit! lol

Pensivia likes this.
  15. Dagobahsystem

Dagobahsystem Chosen One star 10

Sep 25, 2015
  16. Seagoat

Seagoat Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2013
    Ever notice Alec Guiness had a slightly different style in ROTJ?

[​IMG]

Guessing he had begun balding by then and did that to cover it up, but it still looks pretty fancy!

17. SageOfRage

SageOfRage Jedi Youngling

Apr 4, 2016
    Anakin's hair in Ep.3 is very unkept and it shows how stressed he is and how his mindset is. you can tell he is drifting away from the jedi

DarthCricketer likes this.
  18. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
  19. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    I'm at work, so I can't post up pictures n' stuff, but I will say my favorite is Anakin's hair in ROTS. Actually, during the time ROTS was in theaters, I purposely had the same hairstyle-and it definately worked, cos I have the same color and type of hair, with the wavy curls and whatnot. :-B

2nd is Kylo Ren-very thick, flowing, and dramatic. Suits his face shape. Also reminiscient of his grandfather's-I like that.

20. AniLukeRey

AniLukeRey Jedi Padawan star 1

Feb 6, 2016
    Can I talk about one hairstyle I hate? I don't know why, but it gets to me.. Padme's in RoTS where she has that metal headband thing (that part is fine) but then she has the hair rolled through it or something...I don't know. I really don't like it. And then they gave her the same hairstyle in some of the cartoons!

I do love some of her other hairstyles though, usually the simpler ones. And I love Anakin and Obi-Wan's hair in ROTS, Luke's hair always, and Kylo Ren's hair is the best I've ever seen in my life lol

21. Celidore

Celidore Jedi Knight star 3

May 2, 2015
    I like very much these hairstyles:
    -Obi-Wan and Anakin hair in ROTS
    -Padmé long hair in ROTS (balcony scene)
    -Luke's hair in ANH
    -Leia's long hair in ROTJ (Endor)
    -Rey's three buns

22. CT1138

CT1138 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2013
    Interestingly enough, I was looking at my hairline tonight, and it dawned on me how much it looks like Cushing's. Receding in the front, and flairs on the sides:
    [​IMG]

I used to be embarrassed by my hairline. Now I'm not so much anymore.

Bloncket and Gamiel like this.
  23. Celidore

Celidore Jedi Knight star 3

May 2, 2015
    Oh, and I forget this.
    No doubt that Obi-Wan has cool hair but his way to fix it is the coolest :cool: :

[​IMG]

How To Fix Your Hair: A Tutorial by Obi-Wan Kenobi.
    "This is style, my young padawans" [face_laugh]

24. Cypess

Cypess Jedi Padawan star 1

Dec 31, 2015
    What a groovy topic :)

The best hair for women is Padme. Remember she has maids to help with the hair dressing. I am not sure about women as representatives of home worlds and any imbalances, but she has to stand out somehow and the hair does it. Perhaps the royals from her home world never cut their hair for spiritual reasons.Or, different hairstyles just for the fun of it.

It makes sense that Leia would inherit the trait of long hair with different styles. She looked great in ESB. My favorite Leia style was when she was the slave girl to Jabba the Hutt in ROTJ. I thought she was a wow in that outfit.

So, Rey must not be of Skywalker lineage as the hairstyle only accentuates her beautiful face by being so severe and pulled back so tightly.

For guys, Kylo Ren is so cool.
    Han Solo is 2nd. He tosses his hair around in ESB a lot. Is that by chance or do the filmakers and actors make that happen?

Great thread :)

Gamiel likes this.
  25. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012