main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Calgary Half-Blood Prince

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by darth-paul-, Jul 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darth-paul-

darth-paul- Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 9, 2004
    Are there any plans for a Harry Potter launch party? Is anyone going? When and where is it going to be? Thanks in advance.

Sirius Paul

2. echosevin

echosevin Jedi Master star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    Perhaps that should be Darth Sirius??!
    Some friends and I are planning on attending either the Macleod Tr. South or Shawnessy Chapters midnight parties. We are dressing up in Potter gear and readying our wands! I think you're in the North though - we could organize a party to go to the Spectrum Chapters by Sunridge........

3. Magpie Jen

Magpie Jen Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 19, 1999
    McNally Robinson booksellers downtown is actually sponsoring a whole series of events starting Friday evening, including a showing a Prisoner of Azkaban at the Science Centre, the book release at midnight, then breakfast Saturday morning and events at the store all day. It sounds like they are totally into it! I was talking to the promoter awhile ago about it and I think he also mentioned a trivia and HP night in their pub/cafe in the evening too - but that's not currently listed on the webpage:

http://www.mcnallyrobinson.com/content.php?txtFileFileName=halfbloodprince

Jen

4. Dooks

Dooks Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 5, 2005
    Anybody going to this? my brother and I are should be a good time I hope. Just have to finish 3 books before this one comes out just really started reading this series.

5. DrHaggis

DrHaggis Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 7, 2004
    With all the HP events in town, who is going where? We will be at the Stampede Grandstand show, then we will head out to where everyone has congregated.

"I solemnly swear that I am up to no good"

6. darth-paul-

darth-paul- Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 9, 2004
    I am going to be at the Chapters Spectrum in the NE.

Darth Paul

7. Old_Republic

Old_Republic Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 21, 2005
    Long live Aslan........oh, wait.........
    Trevor

8. echosevin

echosevin Jedi Master star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    Stayed up all last night reading book 6 - OH MAN. Incredible. Incredibly sad. And surprising. Am re-reading it now (just taking a break to rest the eyes). I can't believe I have to wait another 2 years (at least) for the last one!

9. DrHaggis

DrHaggis Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 7, 2004
    I'm forcing myself to finish the book I'm on now before attacking Half-Blood Prince. The anticipation is great.

Sorry I missed you guys at the book release. After the grandstand show let out we were so tired we just went home. Was it fun?

10. Old_Republic

Old_Republic Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 21, 2005
    Anyone who has an HBC points card can use 'trad and save' to pick up HBP. It knocked off $10 for me. I'm going to start reading it when I'm finished the Chronicles of Narnia.

11. BFett333

BFett333 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 22, 2003
    Erin (ms_ventress) just discovered that they are being sold at Safeway for $19.99.

12. liannb

liannb Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 30, 2002
    finished it yesterday, it was amazing, i know, two years is a long time to wait for the next one, its going to be so good :D have already leant mine out so i'll have to wait a bit before i can re-read it

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.