main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Half-remembered line in an EU book, but can't remember from which one...help?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by micmac12, Apr 10, 2017.

1. micmac12

micmac12 Jedi Padawan

Apr 6, 2017
    Hi all,

I have a vague memory of a EU (now Legends) book that described how "some in the Outer Rim haven't even heard of the Emperor's death". It would have been years after the Battle of Endor too.

Does this ring a bell for anyone? I've attempted to search through the Thrawn Trilogy, Darksaber, I, Jedi, etc, but I can't find it.

I'd like to find it because it really drove home to me how vast the SW galaxy is. Thought I'd ask for help from the collective wisdom of the crowd.

Thank you!

2. instantdeath

instantdeath Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 22, 2010
    Could it have been on of the X-Wing books?

3. micmac12

micmac12 Jedi Padawan

Apr 6, 2017

Ah maybe...I've got some of them in ebook format. I'll search, but it's hard to know exactly what terms to look for. Thank you though!

4. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    The preview for Truce at Bakura had something like that, saying it would be years before the entire galaxy knew. micmac12

5. Taylore

Taylore Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 14, 2017
    It definitely sounds like Truce at Bakura to me.

6. Darth Invictus

Darth Invictus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 8, 2016
    The Truce at Bakura seems to me the only book in the legends timeline where such a line makes sense. Barely inhabited worlds in wild space, far out imperial garrisons near the unknown regions or the galactic barrier. Smuggler colonies near the globular clusters-places like that wouldn't hear the news for weeks or months of the Emperor's death

7. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Found it (or nearest equivalent - even more extreme)- page 11, The Bacta War (two years after Battle of Endor):

"It's going to be something of an adventure for our people, because we'll be staging from Folor, that moon base orbiting Commenor."
    "I remember it well." Wedge smiled. "Not a lot of creature comforts there."
    "It'll beat what we've got on Generis. It's backward enough that most folks there don't even realize the Old Republic has fallen."

8. bizzbizz

bizzbizz Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2015
    sounds like something i remember reading in the truce at bakura

Ghost likes this.
  9. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Page 12 of Truce at Bakura:

They hadn't heard. Months, maybe years, would pass before much of the galaxy realized that the Emperor's reign had ended.

This is in response to an intercepted Imperial message.

Edit - I did a quick skim of the first half of the book and this is the closest I came (unless I missed something).

Ghost, vncredleader and Nom von Anor like this.
  10. DarthKuriboh

DarthKuriboh Jedi Master star 3

Aug 8, 2007
    I think it's from Dark Force Rising. I can't remember completely which thrawn trilogy book it is tho. Wedge, Tycho, and Captain Alfyon are talking. In response to Alfyon saying that, Tycho says, "and they are wondering why nothing new is shipping from Alderaan."

11. DarthKuriboh

DarthKuriboh Jedi Master star 3

Aug 8, 2007
    I remember it's about that time that Thrawn attacks Bilbringi

12. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    That was Pash Cracken & Tycho, in The Bacta War:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Generis/Legends

"It'll beat what we've got out on Generis. It's backward enough that most folks there don't even realize the Old Republic has fallen."
    "And they're wondering why nothing new is being shipped from Alderaan."

13. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Yes, that's what I remembered!

And probably what micmac12 was thinking of too.