main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends 'Halfway to the Heavens' (Jacen/TK - TEASER! - 11/11! mmm! this story tastes evil! >:D)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by -Tenel-Ka-, Sep 24, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jaina_Solo_59

Jaina_Solo_59 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 30, 2004
    Is it Gaddel?

2. TheCrazyRodian

TheCrazyRodian Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2004
    It's Indiana Jones, silly. Who else could it be?

3. MistiWhitesun

MistiWhitesun Jedi Master star 3

Aug 16, 2004
    Whoever it is, at least he's in one piece.

4. Smuggler_Shidakis

Smuggler_Shidakis Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 26, 2004
    Is that a snake slithering around?

Indy's in trouble. :p

5. trianiigirl

trianiigirl Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 21, 2002
    MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I can't wait for this next chapter. *wishes for a The Feigned Men In Skirts 2005 Wall Calendar*

6. -Tenel-Ka-

-Tenel-Ka- Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    MUAHAHAH! I'm evil. I know.

WARNING: This post might get kind of grimy and slimy. If you're squeeeeeamish, watch yourself. ^_^

HALFWAY TO THE HEAVENS [[ chapter 9

It hurt his throat to cough, it hurt worse than anything he had ever felt before. But the smell in the room, the horrible stench, it caused him to cough, it wouldn't let him breathe correctly. His throat would close up and contract and his nose would twitch furiously. It was pitch black and all he could hear was the gentle circulation of air and the soft echoes of music and laughing. They were very faint echoes, but still audible - audible enough to be able to identify what they were.

He was lying on his back and he could feel his skin touching the ground under him. It was moist and cool, but rough and his back was slightly sticking to it. With a pained scowl, he twisted onto his side, bringing his arms up to do a once over. His fingers slid through his hair; wet, messy - the smell had permeated into it, leaving his head with the same nauseating stench the chamber had. His other hand roamed over his face. He couldn't even see his hand in front of him - there was absolutly no light. Quickly giving his own body a pat or two, he realized he was clad in a piece of thick cloth, clasped around the waist. The bottom swept just above the knee and was cut extremely crooked.

Whoever it was that dressed him, didn't even give him the dignity of a pair of shoes.

His whispers penetrated the dense atmosphere of the room, they weren't that much help, but it comforted him a little to hear his own voice.

"In the dark, in a skirt... this is great." With a shake of his head, he leaned forward and buried his head in his hands, which were sticky from the floor as well. "What else could go wrong?"

As if it was stirred by his words, something slithered across the top of his foot.

"Kriff..." he muttered.

He could feel himself shivering uncontrollably, as he steadied his elbows on his knees. His legs crossed and he sat in the dark for a few moments, before standing and deciding to feel his way around the room. Stumbling over to one wall, his right hand smacked into the cold surface - it had a jagged feeling to it, like cold metal. The floor had felt rougher than the walls, more uniform though, like it had been made from something different. Stalking around the chamber, leaving his right hand on the wall, he deduced that it was fairly large, maybe about as big as the Queen Mother's bedchambers.

Blinking a tad, hoping he would be able to visually make out anything at all, a pale glow suddenly flooded the room as the floor was slid out from below. The grating he had felt on the ground was still there, but the piece that was below that was blocking the light was gone. Parts of the walls were slid away as well, letting in splotches of a sick green light into his cell.

Quickly looking down, he could see the creature that had slithered over his foot, and others exactly like it slipping their way over and around the grating.

Ysalamiri.

He silently cursed to himself.

As his gaze passed the creatures, and traveled through the grating, a fist grabbed his heart and squeezed as hard as it could. The ground...

...it seemed to be miles below his cell. He could see it, a disturbing green liquid with patches of dull brown dirt and land jutting out from the vile fluid. Looking up and peering out through the crooked durasteel bars ahead of him, he narrowed his eyes, which were still adjusting to the sudden flood of any sort of light. He was in a cave of some sort. He could see the stone walls on the far sides, every way he looked. As he stalked around the cell, he could feel it shaking and that made him stop.

Hapan Officer Gadell Vessau was never fond of heights. And this wasn't a time he felt he needed to fall from one. Calmly stepping back to the center of the cell, he sat down and crossed his legs, waiting for something. Anything.

His eyes continued to roam outwards, along the walls of the large cave his c

7. flowerbee

flowerbee Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2004
    Tenel Ka! Those...[censored] Hurry, Jacen!

8. TheCrazyRodian

TheCrazyRodian Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2004
    Eww, gross. She's naked!

::Runs from the cooties::

9. trianiigirl

trianiigirl Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 21, 2002
    *sniff*

WAAAAAHHHHHHHH OMG

So much angst. Yay snark, and yay for selfless!Gadell pulling the Queen Mum off the ceiling, but... WAHHHHHH! :(

10. Smuggler_Shidakis

Jul 26, 2004
    *faints*
    Oh, God, poor Gadell!

POOR TENEL!

Is her voice gone for good?

It's all slimy and gross!

MOVE YOUR BUM, JACEN SOLO!

11. MistiWhitesun

MistiWhitesun Jedi Master star 3

Aug 16, 2004
    Ooo?

I sense a conflict coming up here? A fight to retrieve her? A fight to heal her, or to deal with her new handicap?

Those can be so much fun. :D Call me twisted, but people coping with and/or overcoming their unfortunate problems is heartening. Take her arm.

Okay, I just read this over, & I sound really weird. Blame it on the ice cream. I just had a bowl of it, & the sugar is making me feel sick. It's probably affecting my personality, already. It does that.

At least TK has a covering of some sort. And men do wear a type of skirt, though not quite. They're called "kilts". ;) (Note that I did not call them the same thing! I do know they're different! :) )

Keep going! :)

---"Misti"

P.S. Do I seem "rude" or "a little mean" to you? Please answer honestly. :)

12. Sprikloas

Sprikloas Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 1, 2004
    Very interesting. I love your work, you may have never seen me here before, I'm a reader, not a poster. Yet I post now.. scary. Anywho, write more :D

BTW:LOL@"It's cold, I can feel a disturbing draft of air up the skirt I'm wearing and it smells like the north end of a southbound bantha."

I'm going to use that in everyday coversation.

13. Ylesly

Ylesly Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 9, 2004
    Tenna losing her voice, I hope this in only temporary

great post

14. green_eyes

green_eyes Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 20, 2004
    Well, at least she is alive. That's the only good thing to say about her right now. She is in bad shape. I'm glad Gadell was strong enough to climb up there and get her loose. That was really gross.

*green_eyes*

15. -Tenel-Ka-

Apr 16, 2002
    flowerbee: Oh don't worry, Jacen will be on his way in no time. He just has no idea what to expect. *cackles*

TCR: HAHAHAHAHAH! Oh man, that made me laugh so hard. XD I'm sitting at work cackling madly now. Hehehehe~ *pets*

TG: I knew you would enjoy the snark and the skirt (and skirt!Feignedmens calender = I WOULD DIE <3) ...Queen Mum. Hehehe. ^_^

SS: No! No fainting! *fans* It'll be okay soon, sometime anyways. ;-; As for her voice, I can't really say at the moment... it might give too much away.

Misti: They'll have to deal with her new handicap at points, so hopefully I can write that all well. I'm gonna have to be able to make it so that she can express herself without the Force and without her voice. Oh and don't worry, I know exactly what you mean - you don't sound weird. :D Yeah, I guess Gadell was wearing a type of kilt, it just wasn't as scottish. Hehe~ And you don't sound rude, silly! Stop thinking that! ^_^

Sprikloas: Hey! Welcome to the posting madness~! And thank you very much for your comments! I'm glad you enjoy the work I well... work on. Hehe! MUAHAH! Here's me using that in everyday conversation - "Man, your breath smells like the northend of a southbound bantha, yo. What did you eat?!" Then the other person looks and goes, "What's a bantha?" Silly people around here who aren't as star warish as they should be. ;)

Ylesly: Thank you! And her voice might come back if I'm feeling nice the day I get to that post. ;) (I'm just kidding, everything will work out in a fairly nice way, no worries. ^_^)

green_eyes: Yeah, it was pretty icky. -_- I knew I wanted her in that cell somehow, and I wanted it to be like: "O_O!?!?!?" So I had to sit and think of what way I could pull that off, working in a hint of symbolism and more brotherly love from Gadell than you could shake a stick at. ^_^

Teaser later today!

16. Sprikloas

Sprikloas Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 1, 2004
    Wheeha, I was noticed :D I did try using that quote in conversation with my sister... all I got was :"You're stupid. No likes Star Wars. Shutup" 0_0 She's not very culturally adept. Waiting for the teaser! *sits and waits*

17. Lusa_Thul

Lusa_Thul Jedi Master star 4

Sep 9, 2004
    Awesome TK! Go Gadell! Way to save her! :) As for the missing voice, hey, thats my plot device! Hehe, kidding. ;) And I liked Gadell's skirt! Or kilt. Whatever! :p

18. Smuggler_Shidakis

Jul 26, 2004
    *waits for the evil teaser*

All better now, no more fainting.

Talk, Tenel, talk...

19. flowerbee

flowerbee Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2004
    Tenna. :_| Teaser? O:) We're being good.

20. Amidala_Skywalker

Amidala_Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 2001
    We have life! TK and Gandell-ness!

I didn?t mind the slight squeamishness of the chapter. It only added to the writing.

Nice to see TK again, but what?s with her voice? Don?t tell me they?ve somehow operated on her vocal cords. Could we have a mute!TK and Jacen shippy story here? Interesting! :)

Ams [face_love]

21. -Tenel-Ka-

Apr 16, 2002
    HURRAH FOR A TEASER!

Now this teaser kind of encompasses more than it should. I'm going to work in more detail to this part for the real post... but here you go. :D

HALFWAY TO THE HEAVENS [[ teaser chapter 10

A slender gloved hand emerged from the billowing, torn sleeve of the cloak and cupped Seki's chin. "Beautiful. Incredible job."

The two cloaked figures on either side of him tilted their heads and nodded slowly, in what seemed to be an agreement.

"I also came in to report that the team the Galactic Alliance sent has arrived. I watched them land last night." She shifted comfortably, the ebony-covered hand sliding down her neck to her shoulder.

"Are the holo-recorders placed correctly? And set?"

"Of course, Master."

The hood of the cloak swished as he moved his head, giving it a quick snap - using the Force to flip the switch on the opposite wall. The woman in front of him turned towards the screens, which were covering the wall before them. Monolith pieces they were, at least one-hundred times the size of a normal human - they stretched across the stone of the blank cavern wall and flickered to life.

And the first image they witnessed was of an older man, standing beside one of a younger age.

Their lips moved in conversation. Brandy-brown eyes locked on the older man as hands clipped a lightsaber to a belt. A nod. A glance to the companions beside him, a peer upwards.

Jacen Solo crossed his arms and visibly shuddered against the atmosphere. Master Kyle Katarn clapped him on the shoulder.

"Perfect," the cloaked figure let his fingers trail down Seki's back before pulling them away. "We're lucky enough to get a Master, as well."

phewwwww. O_O

22. Smuggler_Shidakis

Jul 26, 2004
    OH NO!

IT'S A TRAP!

NO!

EVIL!

23. Ylesly

Ylesly Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 9, 2004
    hopely they could avoid it, but as always TK finds amusement in torturing me like this

24. Thrawn McEwok

Thrawn McEwok Co-Author: Essential Guide to Warfare star 6 VIP

May 9, 2000
    -TK-: Sorry I?ve not r&r?d sooner! :(

He poked around the room with the Force, just ever-so-slightly, to see who was there as well.

**pokes** :p :p

Isolder, Erianh Vessau, Luke Skywalker, Mara Jade Skywalker, Ben Skywalker, his mother and father, his sister and her husband Kyp Durron, Alema Rar, Tesar Sebatyne -- and suprisingly Kyle Katarn. He could feel the presence of Anakin somewhere around the room, as well as Tahiri - Jacen realized they must've been there to observe.

Huh? Whuh? Anakin?! Have I missed a post, or a timeframe, or something.

But the Kyle joke? :D :D

"Everything," Luke's response seemed cold, distant. "They get into people's heads, dig around, plant ideas, pull other ideas out."

Oh? :confused:

His vision went dark after that, as he stared blankly out to the cloudy sky.

:D His vision went dark, huh? :p And is the fact that TK?s acting like Traitor!Anakin anything to do with anything?

"I'm already halfway there..." his voice was barely audible, but she picked it up.

"How?"

...because I have you, Tenel Ka.

"No reason, just lucky I guess." His quick response, his easy way out. He wanted to tell her the thought that ran through his mind, but as the words were about to leave his lips, he stopped himself... he couldn't tell her the way he felt. What if it ruined everything they had?

Aww... :p

MUAHAHAH! I'm evil. I know.

It?s why we love you! :p

WARNING: This post might get kind of grimy and slimy. If you're squeeeeeamish, watch yourself. ^_^

?I?ll be careful?...?

That said, you could have warned us about the cold wind up Gadell?s kilt, and the naked heroine wrapped in slime, rather than simply the dripping blood... we?re used to that in your ?fic...

Oh, hang on ? that was the point? :p

It hurt his throat to cough, it hurt worse than anything he had ever felt before. But the smell in the room, the horrible stench, it caused him to cough, it wouldn't let him breathe correctly. His throat would close up and contract and his nose would twitch furiously. It was pitch black and all he could hear was the gentle circulation of air and the soft echoes of music and laughing. They were very faint echoes, but still audible - audible enough to be able to identify what they were.

Ah, you like writing this sort of thing, don?t you? :p

"In the dark, in a skirt... this is great."

A kilt?! :eek: [face_laugh]

Ye?ll ha? bin readin? some Burns then, lassie? :p

"Oh, and you might want to greet your cellmate. She's been incredibly lonely with no one to talk to." With that, Seki sped away, towards the wall full of holes, windows.

:eek: :confused:

Gadell leapt up and slammed himself into the side of the cell, his fingers wrapping around the crooked bars. They were slimy with a layer of condensation. His lips formed a smirk. The anger and hostility he had felt towards her was forgotten when her words sunk in.

Cellmate?

:eek: :eek:

Gadell watched as the repulsorlift vanished into one of the seemingly larger holes before he paused, let go of the bars and slowly glanced behind him.

There was no one there.

:confused:

?I have a really bad feeling about this???

Stepping a few feet back towards the center, his eyes continued to roam the space. Why was he still looking? Did he expect something to morph out of nowhere? There was no one there!

His lips were about to curve into another sneer and as his cheekbone shifted to do so, a drop of fluid traced down it. Twitching violently, Gadell reached up and wiped it off.

It's just condensation from the cell...

:eek:

But as his eyes peered to his fingers which he held in front of them, he knew it was a lie. His fingers were smeared with red. Another drop fell into his open palm.

:eek:

Blood, in one of your ?fics?! That can only mean one thing! :eek: :_|

Something was above him. Gadell could feel his throat working around mumbles, screams, whispers, pleas. His eyes wo

25. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    *stumbels back into thread*

Oh, man! I gotta bookmark this fic now@!

Awesome stuff, dudette! Oh, wait a sec. *smacks Twi'lek chick for believing in 'no Dark Side' bantha poodoo* Moron...

Those were kick-butt! Jacen and Tenel Ka at that lake in the middle of the night, and them stargazing was so romantic! And WHA IN THE NINE HELLS OF CORELLIA ARE THEY DOING TO MY GODDESS??????

*Striker powers up and goes to rescue her*

Don't worry, my beloved! I shall rescue you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.