main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Halifax the new Santa Monica?

Discussion in 'Archive: Halifax, NS' started by cristalvandepol, Oct 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cristalvandepol

cristalvandepol Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 30, 2002
    Since this place has is suffering in it's way to an untimely death I thought I'd post something funny.

So, yesterday I'm headed to the bus/train station so I can catch the bus to Truro for the weekend, where I would (and I'm) slack out on reading Hobbes and writing papers. Nothing unusual about the bus station most of the time but as I'm about to cross the street up on the corner of Barrington I see this cop directing traffic, so I figure there was a accident earlier. I finally get across and start to walk through the park, like I normally do, but I then notice that the far end of the park is full of people, so I turn around and walk the LONG way. After I wait in line and finally get my ticket, I make my way outside and try to catch a look at what is going on. I finally realize, "Eh, they're shooting a movie! Sweet." I get on the bus and wait and finally we're leaving and we drive by the movie set and there's a police car. Sadly, it says Santa Monica Police on the side along with California plates. I have a private laugh, because unlike the movie makers I know that Halifax is probably nothing like Santa Monica. Especially Hollis st. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.