main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hallo all !

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by Meical, Feb 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Meical

Meical Jedi Youngling

Feb 6, 2011
    Wanted to stop in here and say hello to everyone. Been meaning to get on here for a while, but procrastination has kept me at bay. >.<

See you all on the boards!

2. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Jedi Master star 5

Sep 5, 2004
    Hello and welcome. :)

3. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    Welcome Meical! :)

When I first read your name I added an 'd' accidentally, so I got to read 'Medical', but I guess your name comes from Michael, right? :)

Good to see that you have found your FanForce already. It might be slow, but as soon as people arive it'll be fun. :)

Btw what do you mean by 'bay'? Are you really living close to the sea? That must be wonderful! :)

Enjoy your stay! :)

4. Meical

Meical Jedi Youngling

Feb 6, 2011
    Yes, the name is a old Welsh spelling of Michael. It's actually kinda common for people to put that "D" in there. I had to correct people for months on Team Fortress 2 before they got it right, haha.

5. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Welcome to the JC!!

6. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    The way you write it, it looks like the written version of the way the English "Michael" is pronounced - at least from a German view. Plus it would be an ä instead of the a. ;)

7. Meical

Meical Jedi Youngling

Feb 6, 2011
    It's pronounced the same. Or was pronounced the same, as far as my small research showed. That spelling is hardly used in modern times. Most people pronounce it like Meechal when they see the spelling. I have some Austrian friends who got it right on the first try. XD

8. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    Interesting! I would have prounounced it as 'Michael' (English), would have stopped and corrected myself to something differen because of the 'ei'. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.