main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Hallowed Road - A Halloween Story

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Sara_Kenobi, Oct 29, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    Title: Hallowed Road
    Summary: A story of murder of generations.
    Category: 40 years before the Saga.
    Notes: Rewritten for the Halloween Challenge.

Hallowed Road

By Sara Kenobi

Introduction

Fals was running through the bush. The night air nipped at his bare heels as he ran as fast as he could go
    from the main House. Flashes of what haunted his soul pierced his blue eyes as the shadowed night
    enveloped him into it's cold embrace.

His mother gave a terrified scream of agony, as his father had been killed with his own lightsaber on
    their front door step.

Then his younger sister had been next.

Before Fals could make his way down the staircase, Jamy's body hit the floor beside their father.

His mother met her death as he made the final decent. Fals saw it happen in his minds eye. The Sith had
    been smiling the whole while.

Fals gave a cry of intense grief and outrage, and fell too his knees beside their fallen bodies.

The anger and screaming madness that ran through Fals' mind took command of him. He was the last of
    his family, and every part of him cried revenge for this senseless act upon his House, as the enemy gazed
    down upon him, and smiled.

"No!"

"Fals, wake up!"

Fals Ethord opened his eyes and realized the nightmare had ended. His wife Kestra was telling him to
    wake up.

Fals took a deep breath before saying anything and wiped away the sweat from his forehead. "I'm okay,
    Kes," Fals lied smoothly and lightly kissed the top of her head.

The blond haired woman frowned. "You can't fool me, you know," Kestra said softly. She then leaned
    in and kissed his cheek. "I'm here for you, okay?"

Fals sighed as he realized his scream may have awakened their five-year-old daughter.

Alejamy was in the bedroom beside theirs.

"Did she wake up?" Fals whispered.

"No, not yet," said Kestra. "Her dreams are deep tonight."

"Thank the Force for that," said Fals, who was over tired now and didn't think he would be of much
    help to Alejamy, if she did need him to comfort her.
    Not tonight anyway.

There wouldn't be much of anything tonight.

It all had happened thirty years ago, but it still felt like it was yesterday.

Kestra Ethord left her family that morning with a heavy heart. She couldn't remember that last time she
    had seen Fals so upset. He gave little or nothing away about the past.

His parents and sister were a top secret subject with him. Fals discussed them with no one if they
    weren't totally alone. Fals was raised in the Royal Palace by his mother's Cousin, Prince Jonas Organa
    and his wife.

Being raised as a Royal hadn't bore any negative effects upon Fals.

At the age of 20 years, his Uncle had allowed him to leave the life of the Palace so Fals could get a
    position in the Republic, and then eventually have his own family to care for himself.

It was important to him to carry on such a thing, as it had been important to his father before him. Fals
    didn't want to ever lose that.

That was why Kestra had found it so easy to fall in love with Fals Ethord; the quiet Jedi Knight that had
    battled so endlessly with the Jedi Council for them to allow his marriage to happen.

Jedi Master Yoda took into consideration that Fals was the last of his family, as his only sibling and
    parents were dead, and agreed that Fals could take a wife.

Fals had stood by Kestra through it all, and he had vowed to marry her, despite whatever the rule of the
    Council was.

Fals had a hard childhood, and only entered the Order at the request of his Aunt shortly after the death
    of his family, and Fals had just went to live with the Organa family.

Fals' Grandfather on his Mother's side of the family had been a Jedi Master before marrying and leaving
    the Order for a life of politics. Somehow that power had been passed through the family line to Fals.

Since getting married to Kestra and having their daughter, Fals gave little or no thought to his time with
    t

2. CrystalKenobi

CrystalKenobi Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2003
    Oh My [face_shocked] That was a complete shock at the end to me. As usual your story has caught my attention. This should be one of those stories that gets published every halloween. Its that great. The detail and characters were terriffic.

3. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    It was a story I wrote a couple of years ago in the classic forum. I rewrote it though and reposted it for Moonbeams Halloween Challenge. I'm happy you liked it. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.