Halloween and Christmas Honolulu City Lights Parade

Discussion in 'Oahu, Hawaii' started by mac-nut, Aug 20, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mac-nut Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    It's getting towards fall and Flo from the 501st just called me to invite everyone to join them in sw costume on Halloween in Waikiki along Kalakaua Ave. Let me know if you're interested.

Also, they are trying to reserve a spot in the Christmas Honolulu City Lights parade which is around the first week of December when the official Christmas Tree at City Hall is turned on.

It sounds very exciting.
  2. FuimusMaximus Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    That would be awesome! I better quit procastinating on my costume though. I'll let you know if I can get it done in time. :D
  3. mac-nut Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Is anyone interested in joining the 501st on Halloween?
  4. TB-7432 Jedi Knight

Just want to let you know, there may be 13 imperials from the 501st in Waikiki this Halloween.

Emperor
    3 royal guards
    Darth Vader
    2 TIE pilots
    3 Stormtroopers
    1 Scout Trooper
    Jango Fett
    and maybe 1 technician

Hope to see you there.
  5. mac-nut Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    WOW. hmmmmmmm. maybe I can get off work early. :p It's court week, and there's 7 trials scheduled between Tuesday and Saturday. I won't know how it's going to affect me until trials start and we can see if the judge is going to reschedule any trials, or if we're going nonstop until done. :eek: [face_plain] :( :_|
  6. mac-nut Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I won't be able to get out of work. The 501st will be parading up and down Kalakaua Ave between the Moana Hotel and the Hyatt, I think. Anyways, this is "Darth Vader's" last costuming with us as he is moving to the west coast next month. Eric is coming in costume, too. Wish I could be there. Anyways, hope you all can take some time out of your busy schedules and join them, with or without costume.
  7. TB-7432 Jedi Knight

Just wanted to let everyone know Flo's last trooping for awhile was Halloween in Waikiki and we had a blast. Darth Vader, two Royal Guards, two TIE pilots, a Scout Trooper, three Stormtroopers, a Clone Trooper, two technicians, and two Trooper Groupies. It was the first trooping for a couple of the guys in armor too. We'll be doing a couple of parades in December so keep on the lookout.

If any of you would like to help the Pacific Outpost at any of the events just let us know. We can always use help with costume wranglers (some of us in armor can't see very well and do need help getting around), or we can help set you up with a t-shirt and cap so you can show your support. Just let one of us know, visit pac501.com for more info.

Mahalo,
    TB-7432
    Pacific Ooupost, 501st Legion
  8. mac-nut Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    GREAT. Glad you had a good time. Hope to catch you the next time.
  9. mac-nut Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    There was a potluck this afternoon at Preston's place at KBay to bid our darth vader adieu, as he is moving to Los Angeles. The 501st is appearing in the Honolulu City Lights parade on Saturday, 06 December. If anyone would like to participate, walk, carry banners, whatever, please post here or PM me, so I can pass the info on. Yes, I'll be there, too. :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.