main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Halloween at the WOTR - SUNDAY OCT 30th

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by Sarnia, Jul 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sarnia

Sarnia WOTR Liaison star 5

Jun 1, 2004
    Hi, I have been asked to chair the committe at the WOTR to run the halloween event this year. This committee will include staff from the museum as well as members from the groups I anticipate to be the most involved with. I would like for a member of the RMFF to be on that committee.

I want to say up front that being the chair of this committee and being in charge of this event I will be putting the needs of the museum in front of all others. I have already been asked to make the event more than just star wars related and to include more groups in the community and I have already started making those contacts.

With that in mind, I want the RMFF to decide what type of involvement and what level of involvement the RMFF wants to put in. For obvious reasons, I cannot be the person to represent the group. Would put me in a rather sticky situation I think. Please think this over, I will be planning a meeting within the next few weeks to get everyone on board. If you want my suggestion, I would say that Obeywann or Zoo would be excellent representatives.

Also be aware that this is my committee and as such, I will expect the utmost professionalism from everyone involved, and I am also giving this same message to every group I ask to be involved.

Becca

2. ZOOfo-Dyas

ZOOfo-Dyas Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    I would be happy to help out with this one... And I'm honored to be considered [face_blush]

3. arrowheadpodracer

arrowheadpodracer Jedi Master star 5

Apr 9, 2002
    its all you, ZOO.

4. Sarnia

Jun 1, 2004
    LOL

I will let everyone know when the meeting is.

So start comming up wiht idears!

5. COS_Vader

COS_Vader Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 26, 2004
    Becca,

I know the Stargate folks (SG-14, of whom I'm the XO) had a blast handing out candy and playing with the kids there last year and it would be an honor if we could participate again with the 501st and RMFF.

Let me know.

Kev

6. Sarnia

Jun 1, 2004
    Hey Kev,

I am not limiting any groups from joinging! We wouldl ove to have StarGate involved again this year! At this point I am forming the core committee for doing all the grunt work, not being on the core committee by no means limiting who can participate, it just determines who has to go to all the grunt meetings or not. I have added the RMFF and the 501st to the core committee based on how deeply they where involved last year. Put a feeler out to SG14 and ask what kind of thing they would like to do. I will have more information within the next several weeks as to how we are planning on setting up areas/tables/rooms and such=) So please ask that they be patient, I want to get organized before I get inundated;)

7. Imperial_Birrer

Imperial_Birrer Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 10, 2003
    Is there nayone here who is part of the Star trek groups? I know there are a few members of a klingon house. are there any harry potter groups?

8. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 23, 2000
    I'm not from a star trek group, but I've got a costume.

9. nnaydolem

nnaydolem Jedi Master star 6

Nov 8, 2002
    do you really JOC? oh wait i have one too.

I think FD has some contacts with the HP group. especially, with the new book and the new movie would be great to have. and HP is reallly popular with the childrens. well and adults.

10. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000
    You go!!! It's all you! :D

11. RavLoc_Vos

RavLoc_Vos Jedi Youngling star 3

May 13, 2004
    Hey All

OOOOOhhh Becca My Becca....You know that the Steel City Jedi are always up to help out and put on a show if you are interested. Just let me know, Cool?, Cool!!;)

Later Days...

12. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000
    You guys rocked at the last event!!!!! I know it was a big hit, and would love to see it this year, too!!!

13. Tev_Torbek

Tev_Torbek Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 19, 2004
    You go Zoo, got my vote of approval

14. Sarnia

Jun 1, 2004
    Cool!!!!

I will let you know Chico when, where, why, what, how and all that jazz

I am also goign to contact star trek groups and such

just trying to get these proposals done first=)

laterz

Bexx

15. Obi_Wannabe

Obi_Wannabe Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 17, 2002
    Is there a date set for this event?

16. Sith_Slayer

Sith_Slayer Jedi Master star 6

Apr 9, 2002
    I haven't seen anything posted on their website yet.

Halloween itself falls on a Monday this year.

17. Sarnia

Jun 1, 2004
    How it looks right now is that set up will be friday October 28th with the event running the 29th and 30th and possibly the 31st. After our B-52 event this weekend i will be able to give full attention to this event. I will have the fist committee meeting posted soon. Zoo and OW, let me know what days and times during the week work for you.....

18. ZOOfo-Dyas

Oct 3, 2004
    Thru August, I am not available on Friday thru Monday (as I will be travelling those days), but beyond that, I am all yours :)

19. Sarnia

Jun 1, 2004
    ok

will keep you in the loop=)

I think I almost have the proposal of what I would like to see done=)

20. Zoom_Cthooga

Zoom_Cthooga Jedi Master star 6

Jun 30, 2004
    I'll bug House Veska and the U.S.S. Stormbringer and see if anyone's interested. There are usually mass Halloween parties on Halloween weekend, though, so it's iffy. Chances are, something's already planned...but ya never know.

21. gra-co_o_hun

gra-co_o_hun Jedi Master star 5

May 5, 2005
    I'm kinda new to this type of event with the RMFF but I would like to participate if there's room or need.

22. Sarnia

Jun 1, 2004
    ok

will keep you in the loop=)

I think I almost have the proposal of what I would like to see done=)

23. Zoom_Cthooga

Zoom_Cthooga Jedi Master star 6

Jun 30, 2004
    Famous last words. [face_laugh]

24. Kal-El_Kenobi

Kal-El_Kenobi Jedi Master star 3

Feb 28, 2005
    pardon me for asking but what usually happens at this event

25. ZOOfo-Dyas

Oct 3, 2004
    Well, we've only done it once before... However, it is a trick-or-treat street for the kiddoes... Tables with candy are set up around the museum by various groups for the kids to visit. We also had games for them, a saber demo show and a learning session, a mad scientist show, a costume contest, a haunted house and a giant, Super Death Star pinata.

Not sure what Sarnia has up her sleeve, but I imagine we'll at least have some of that stuff.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.