main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Halloween at the WOTR - SUNDAY OCT 30th

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by Sarnia, Jul 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jthornto

jthornto Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2005
    I'm planning to print a bunch of these of stiff paper for the kiddies. Do we have any string/rubber bands/popsicle sticks to put them on?

2. nnaydolem

nnaydolem Jedi Master star 6

Nov 8, 2002
    I have a couple HUGE SW coloring books & activities book. Do we want copies?

3. ZOOfo-Dyas

ZOOfo-Dyas Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    The 501st guys are running a coloring station, so this might be a good thing to do in conjunction w/ them maybe... But I don't want to step on any toes either, so someone should mention it to them as well :)

COS, I still need your list of people [face_worried]

4. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    Just let me know...by tomorrow at least. I'll bring them into work with me.

5. COS_Vader

COS_Vader Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 26, 2004
    Ah crud... I forgot to get back with you, Zoo. I know the Stargate SG-14 Team is planning some cool activities. I'll get them ASAP.

Kev

6. ZOOfo-Dyas

Oct 3, 2004
    I must have them before Saturday so I can leave the lists w/ the WOTR staff :D

Thank you :D [face_love]

7. FenigDurak

FenigDurak Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 6, 2002
    I was just on the radio with Alice 105.9. They were taking calls about cool places to take kids for Halloween, so I plugged. I plugged hardcore. I was short on a few details since I was in the car and couldn't look up admission cost and that sort of thing, but I still plugged. So Hauntings at the Hangar has now been advertised.

8. Obi_Wannabe

Obi_Wannabe Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 17, 2002
    I happened to be listening at the same time, I had the same idea, but couldn't get through.

I heard Leah, she was great, they weren't all that hot on it until she mentioned a Death Star pinata, then they started saying how great it sounded!!

Leah Rocks!!!!!

9. Sarnia

Sarnia WOTR Liaison star 5

Jun 1, 2004
    donn't know if I will be there sunday

wish me luck

zoo, will email you more names tomorrow

i feel cruddy, going back to bed

oh, all the makeup artists are really sick so no mash unit this year

10. ZOOfo-Dyas

Oct 3, 2004
    Glad you said something now... Justin just showed up to extricate the tent from the garage and air it out tomorrow :p

11. Tahiri_Solo14

Tahiri_Solo14 Jedi Master star 1

Mar 1, 2005
    Sorry it's taken me so long to get back to you. I could strangle my manager for waiting untill today to post the schedual, but I'm not a violent person. I'm in the prosses of switching shifts so that I can help out on Sun. I just need to get it approved. I don't think there will be a problem so, lets plan on me being there and if I can't make it I'll let you know.

I Still have the gift cards 'cause I totally spaced bringing them last weekend. (one of my most ditzy weekends ever, but that's another story.) I'll bring them with on Sunday, seeing as I could only make it for an hour on Sat. (4-5pm) I don't have a preference where you put me, but it might be helpful to consider what costume I'm wearing.

As for costume, I can't decide between SW or Disney. I have the yellow Belle dress, Briar Rose (peasent Sleeping Beauty), or Jasmine for Disney costumes. I was thinking either my Hoth Leia, or the peasent Padme' from Phantom menace for my SW choices. I do also have a handmaiden battle costume, but It's a little rough around the edges. I could also do my Sailor Venus costume for something out of the ordinary. Too many choices!

12. ZOOfo-Dyas

Oct 3, 2004
    I think Disney would be an excellent choice, but you are welcome to come in any of those costumes :)

13. Sith_Slayer

Sith_Slayer Jedi Master star 6

Apr 9, 2002
    TRULY FRIGHTENING DIY masks for the kiddos:

[image=http://images.forbes.com/media/halloween/steve_jobs.jpg]

[image=http://images.forbes.com/media/halloween/martha_stewart.jpg]

[image=http://images.forbes.com/media/halloween/alan_greenspan.jpg]

[image=http://images.forbes.com/media/halloween/oprah_winfrey.jpg]

[image=http://images.forbes.com/media/halloween/sergey_brin.jpg]

[image=http://images.forbes.com/media/halloween/larry_page.jpg]

All of the masks can be found at FORBES.COM

Masks will print out in full on one vertical sheet of US Letter (8.5in x11in) paper.
    Printing Instructions in Internet Explorer 6.0:
    1. Choose "Print Preview" from File menu
    2. Uncheck "Headers and Footers" below the image window
    3. Select "Print Wide Pages"
    4. Click "Print" button above image window

14. Sarnia

Jun 1, 2004
    I am going to try to stop by tomorrow

I got some more decorations that I forgot to bring in

15. Tahiri_Solo14

Tahiri_Solo14 Jedi Master star 1

Mar 1, 2005
    I've decided I'll do the yellow Belle dress. I'll try to make it there by noon, but it may be 12:30 depending on when church gets out. I may not recognize anyone right off so, don't feel bad comming up to me and telling me where to go, or whatever. My mom is also comming but won't get there untill 1 or 1:30. She'll be dressed as Mon Mothma and can help as long as she can sit. I'm really looking forward to this and hope to meet some new people as well. :)

16. gra-co_o_hun

gra-co_o_hun Jedi Master star 5

May 5, 2005
    Well, I dug out the old painting skills last nite over at Darth Hair and Sith Chick's dwelling for the Jabba the Hutt bean bag toss. We had a lot of fun bringing the good ole worm to life, and I kinda suck at tossing but DH did pretty well. APR was better too. NO candy for me! :_|
    So BIG thanks to Jeff and Kim for feeding and watering me as I painted. :)

17. darth_hair

darth_hair Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2001
    i just put a clear coat on jabba. it looks so cool! cant wait for everyone to see how good a job cory did on this.

18. Taeriel

Taeriel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    Pictures! Pictures!

19. Sarnia

Jun 1, 2004
    are people decorating today? I have a few things I haven't taken in yet so I was gonna drop them off

20. gra-co_o_hun

May 5, 2005
    Thanks Darth Hair, ole buddy, ole pal!

21. hyperdyne

hyperdyne Jedi Master star 3

Nov 1, 2004
    I cant help out today - stuck at work. :(

But tomorrow I will hopefully be bringing R2, my lightsaber wireless sound modules, and other goodies!

22. gra-co_o_hun

May 5, 2005
    Hyperdyne! Pleeeeese bring R2 man. I'll help carry him if ya need! He's awesome Jim.
    I saw your photo with THE MAKER at C3 today. Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude, You are the Man!

23. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    Jim
    you HAVE to bring R2...he called me and said he wanted to see me. he he he

Ok see you kids tomorrow.

24. darth_hair

darth_hair Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2001
    just got a call from zoo a little while ago and we will need more candy. if anyone can help out that would be great. not sure how much but i dont thnk we can have too much

25. ZOOfo-Dyas

Oct 3, 2004
    Yes, if you can, please grab some candy to give away to the kiddoes... If we have any left over, you can always use it for your trick-or-treaters

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.