main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Halloween at the WOTR - SUNDAY OCT 30th

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by Sarnia, Jul 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ZOOfo-Dyas

ZOOfo-Dyas Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    Let me know if they need someone to step up and run the event for them... Within their parameters, of course... I REALLY want this vent to work, so I am willing to dedicate as mch as I can to it

2. Sith_Slayer

Sith_Slayer Jedi Master star 6

Apr 9, 2002
    That was my initial interpretation as well.

Although, from a purely Marketing standpoint, it works rather effectively to grab your attention.....

3. RavLoc_Vos

RavLoc_Vos Jedi Youngling star 3

May 13, 2004
    Hey All

Call me freaked out, keep us informed Please......I don't know if I can take the Stress..I've been practicing......not really I make everybody else practice. But seriously let us know if there is anything going on or NOT going on.

Later Days...

4. Sarnia

Sarnia WOTR Liaison star 5

Jun 1, 2004
    Hey Guys

sorry about the confusion, I am not trying to create any more than is already going on

lol

part of the problem is there isn't anyone currently in charge of running these types of events here, so I can't just say call so and so they know everything

and I am just as confused as ya'll are at the moment and more

I have been pushing for more clarification here on the museum side and hopefully I will have it soon

PS - Zoo, call me at work 303-360-5360 ext 116 and we can chat. Whomever ends up in charge of this committee and all it's aspects can expect to put in about 90 plus hours between now and then working on this. I should know, I have already put in about 30 hours of volunteer time on this already, lol.

5. Obi_Wannabe

Obi_Wannabe Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 17, 2002
    To avoid that confusion, can you change the title back please?

It seems to me your news only changed your status in regard to the event, not the event itself.

6. Sarnia

Jun 1, 2004
    ok

from the WOTR perspective it is unclear at this time if this event will happen or not

even if we find someone from outside to run the committee

but I will change the title to status unknown if that works better

7. ZOOfo-Dyas

Oct 3, 2004
    Status currently unknown, however, there is some behind the scenes maneuvering going on to make this event happen.

EDIT: Sorry, but this keyboard sucks!

8. Sarnia

Jun 1, 2004
    ::giggles maniacally::

9. COS_Vader

COS_Vader Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 26, 2004
    Personally, I feel it's a draw for the museum and provides children a safe place to do the candy thing. If there's anything I can do as SG-14 XO to help make it happen, we'll do it.

Honestly, all we need is space and a few good ideas. SG-14 was planning on running our Gate Simulator via projector as well as showing off props and doing the candy thing like we did last year. Educationally, we could do a "Science of Stargate" class. Whoever we draw will be paying patrons and is a win-win for both the museum and us.

And if it helps, I can drag all my big Star Wars props up, including Han in Carbonite. ;)

10. ZOOfo-Dyas

Oct 3, 2004
    I am hoping to have news for all the groups next week... Methinks the new guy just doesn't understand the tempest he has waiting to be unleashed in the name of the museum and the community :D [face_devil]

11. COS_Vader

Apr 26, 2004
    Well it seemed to me that he was more interested in making money than doing for the community - as referenced by him turning the museum into a dinner-party place.

I can work with that. He just needs to understand that he can make money and support the community during a single event.

Or we can find another venue to support if he drops the ball on this. His choice. Personally, I love the museum and wish to do what I can to support it.

12. JediKnightAlestor

JediKnightAlestor Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 23, 2004
    ask for anything.
    (Anything maybe some manual laybor?)lol

13. Sarnia

Jun 1, 2004
    well

from a museum stand point

if we don't make more money soon we won't get the roof fixed and if we can't get the roof fixed soon then we won't have a museum

if there is 2 inches of hail outside there is 2 inches of hail inside, if it rains hard outside we have puddles inside

also, we don't have any endowments or annuities and the grants and little bits of sponsorship we do have doesn't come close to covering operating costs even when staffed mostly by volunteers

if it wasn't for the corporate events (which 99 percent of the time happen while the museum is closed to the public) we wouldn't be able to operate

just so you know how it is

14. ZOOfo-Dyas

Oct 3, 2004
    Trust me... I know how it is. I've been a supporter of the Surratt House and St. Mary's City since I was a little girl. They are small pieces of history that frequently get left by the wayside.

What we accomplished last year, was done w/ little or no impact to the WOTR budget, since it was all handled by the groups involved. And we can do it again. :) The whole point of the event is to help the museum, and contributing to the community is the prize we get for doing it.

15. Sarnia

Jun 1, 2004
    I totally agree=)

I just wanted to let people know why we host corporate events

so we can hopefully some day catch up on our ginormous electric bill, after fixing the roof

lol

16. kitarusapien

kitarusapien Former RMFF CR star 6 VIP

Nov 19, 2001

Well, we could make WOTR our 'baby'.........our direct contribution to Denver as the Star Wars group of this town? Or we could just stay quietly on the sidelines helping out in small ways.....until it goes away.

17. JediKnightAlestor

Oct 23, 2004
    I agree with somthings

18. COS_Vader

Apr 26, 2004
    I'd be more than willing to put in the labor needed to fix the place up. Maybe get some corporate sponsorship for them, etc.

Trust me, I understand the reasons. If we need to raise funds, there's no better place I'd love to put my efforts into.

19. kitarusapien

kitarusapien Former RMFF CR star 6 VIP

Nov 19, 2001

I'm with you on this, Kev.........WOTR could use our help, and we could sure use the continued draw of the X-Wing, and a place to host events like a spiffy Halloween Bash!

20. Sarnia

Jun 1, 2004
    I have a meeting today and will know what is goign on with halloween afterwards. Will keep ya'll posted=)

21. Sarnia

Jun 1, 2004
    As of right now this event is a go

Zoo and I will be passing along details as they come but plan on set up taking place Fri Oct 28th and Sat Oct 29th with the event being Sunday Oct 30th

22. JediKnightAlestor

Oct 23, 2004
    Woooowhooooo Yea okay I will let the Steel City Jedi know.

23. ZOOfo-Dyas

Oct 3, 2004
    As of this morning, I became the Halloween Event Coordinator. Sarnia is the main point of contact with museum and has done a great deal of preliminary work for the event. Also, her contacts amoung the geeks/freaks community are invaluable ;)

We have a few more details to hammer out, but it looks good overall. I have one request already...

I know there are a few people here who are frequent shoppers at ePlanet Toys... Can someone volunteer to be the point of contact with them, so that we can have them set up shop during the event. You can give them my number, if you like, but I do need someone to make that contact.

The tentative name for the event will be: "Hauntings at the Hangar."

And just to be clear, THIS IS NOT AN RMFF/STAR WARS/501ST EVENT... This is a fundraiser for the museum, and a community enrichment event. I will be contacting the other local "fan groups" about participation as a volunteer of the museum. I have no official standing in the RMFF at the moment, and I am doing this work purely for the museum and the community.

Thank you all for supporting this event in any way you are able. When you see a few hundred smiliing children and as many relieved parents inside Hangar 1 that day, you'll know why this is such a spectacular event.

24. JediKnightAlestor

Oct 23, 2004
    Well last year we had to volunteer our time. I don't see that as being a problem. So my question is are the Steel City Jedi on the stage or is there a different place that we are wanted?:confused:

25. ZOOfo-Dyas

Oct 3, 2004
    I'll be getting w/ RavLoc about all of the particulars, as well as the other groups wishing to provide entertainment for the stage area. We'll be doing this part a little different this year. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.