main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Orlando, FL Halloween at Universal Citywalk

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Lord_Gita, Sep 8, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord_Gita

Lord_Gita Former TFN FanFilms Staff star 4 VIP

Oct 5, 2000
    Ok folks, the 501st Florida are coming from all across the state for Halloween at Universal Citywalk and we invite all star wars fans to join us!

I will relay exact plans when time is closer. :)

2. Cigam Retah

Cigam Retah Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 30, 1999
    Holy Cow! Now this is an event to truely consider...

3. MusicJedi

MusicJedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 5, 2001
    I hope I can be there. I really miss the Halloween party that was thrown in Kent OH. The town shut down a few city blocks and all of us loones came out of hiding. Last time there were 6, fully costumed, custome made Boba Fetts!

4. Cigam Retah

Cigam Retah Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 30, 1999
    Reminds me of that Mr. Show sketch about Civil War Recreationists.

"You see, the problem was we had two Abraham Lincolns show up...and Lincoln was never there...so we had two Lincolns too many!"

5. Ia-Bou

Ia-Bou Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 15, 2001
    actually I am trying to volunteer for give kids the world halloween carnival. It is really awesome. And every year I get to wear my jedi costume and all of the kids love it!!

6. Lord_Gita

Oct 5, 2000
    Ok, here's what I know so far. Friday night before Halloween we will meet for Universal City Walk. No weapons allowed. Saturday night we will be crashing a private party but I am pretty sure everyone is invited with us. :) More soon.

7. Ia-Bou

Jul 15, 2001
    are costumes involved in all of this or not?

because Im trying to get a twilek thing together

8. Lord_Gita

Oct 5, 2000
    Absolutely. So far for sure I know of 3 troopers, 2 TIE pilots, & 2 X-Wing pilots. And these are just the ones that are definite. :)

9. Ia-Bou

Jul 15, 2001
    so this event is still on?

10. SeaTrooper

SeaTrooper Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 21, 2001
    I'll be there.... one good deed done in Mexico and now I'm roped into this....
    um... excuse me...
    I'm going to be sporting the new and improved TIE armor there.

11. SeaTrooper

SeaTrooper Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 21, 2001
    Sorry I didn't answer your question. The event as far as I know is still on and in a big way. I was participating in a discusion we were having about when and where would be a good time for the Fla. SW fans to get together, and this thing is turning out to be a big event on the 501st boards.
    It is one of those occasions where everyone is getting into costume for and there is going to be a variety of garb and gear present.
    That's Friday night.
    Saturday there is talk of a group photo somewhere we can break out the prop blasters et al. This is a good time for all of us to get together and network, and plan for future events. I know a lot of folks are very active in charity events, and with the holidays around the corner it may be a good cchance or us to help each other, help others.
    I think the Twi'lek costume would be an awesome thing to behold in person.

12. Lord_Gita

Oct 5, 2000
    Ok folks. This event is a go tomorrow night! HOWEVER, Universal Citywalk will not let us go there in costume, SO we are meeting at POINTE ORLANDO at 8:30 on Friday, October 26, 2001 and will be on Church street on Saturday unknown times as of now.

So, if you want to join us, costume or no, show up at POINTE ORLANDO at 8:30 tomorrow night. We should not be hard to find. I will be in a black officer's uniform just come on up and introduce yourself!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.