main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

New Jersey Halloween coming up....Have any of you ever witnessed....

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by spooky-kid, Sep 4, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spooky-kid

spooky-kid Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 17, 2003
    I seen a special on tv last night about haunted places and I was wondering if any of you have witnessed any of the wierd scary things yourself or have heard of anyone that has.

Anyways-The haunted area they were talking about was Clinton Rd. in New Jersey. I forgot what town or city it was in but along the road was a place called Dead Mans Curve where it's a 90 degree turn where alot of people have recked and died. Do any of you have any personal experiences with this 5 mile stretch of this Road?

[face_devil]

2. Jedi_Satimber

Jedi_Satimber Jedi Knight star 8

Jul 3, 2002
    well, there is a Dead Man's Curve on Marne Highway in Moorestown.

I am not sure of the Clinton Rd one though.

3. spooky-kid

Jun 17, 2003
    From everything that they said has happened on Clinton Rd. I'm sure you'ld know which raod I was talking about. It was kinda spooky just wathing it. The 2 guys taling the story were pretty addiment(sp?) about you could drive Clinton Rd. at night but, you just didn't walk it no matter what.

They said in the old days it was the only road that linked New Jersey to New York. There was a loud waterfall or something near by that when you traveled down it at night the water crashing sound was so loud no one could hear your cries when you were beeing robbed or murdered).

They also said there's been a lot of UFO sightings along that road-And something about a brige if you got out and threw change off the side before crossing it...uhhh! I don't remember exactly-that's why I was hoping some of you may have heard of it. [face_devil]

4. Jedi_Satimber

Jedi_Satimber Jedi Knight star 8

Jul 3, 2002
    ok...sounds like it is near someplace like Fort Lee or where the Ferry is....

5. spooky-kid

Jun 17, 2003
    found this on a web search: Well, ok. Since you are from Jersey [meaning Spooky, the editor], you must know the infamous Clinton rd. Well, me and my buddies go up there almost everyday and see and do the same old stuff. Throw the quarter off the bridge, see the dead man on the top of the house with his shotgun. There isn't anything that we haven't seen or know about the road......except for 2 nights ago. At the oppisite end of the 10 mile long road there is a lake. We drive past it almost everynight and never anything peculiar is happened there. Then 2 nights ago, my freind spotted a red glow on the lake. We stopped and looked in awe for about 5 minutes until it dissapeared. That was the first thing new we have seen there in years. I have talked to local's in West Milford and they said it was the ghost of the old man that drowned fishing off of the lake. The orange/red glow we saw was the signal flare he had activated before he drowned. I am 100% for real. If you want directions to Clinton rd in West Milford NJ it is quite simple. Take rt. 80 until you get to the exit for rt23 NORTH. Then proceed up rt23 for about 15 miles. Clinton rd is right off the road. There is a a huge sign pointing it out so you can't miss it. Also, be careful of dead mans curve. It is an almost 90 degree turn in the middle of the road. If you drive off it, you'll end up 40 ft below into the Clinton resoivior. If you see anything new or out of the ordinary, please email me with as little or as much as you have. Lastly, if you need directions to any haunted place in New Jersey email me with the location you wish to find. I'll send you directions. ASAP. Thanks alot, your site kicks

edit : please refrain from swearing on the boards.thanks

6. BellaSabrina

BellaSabrina Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 13, 2002
    Geez, what an urban legend. They say that you see a ghost of someone who died as you make the turn at night...and people wrecked and died there.

Bah. All urban legends.

Get the magazine Weird NJ. There's interesting stuff in there. Or go to the site http://www.weirdnj.com

The coolest place in NJ is Gravity Hills :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.