main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Phx HALLOWEEN COUNTDOWN!!

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Sistine, Oct 22, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PtrsonsZOO

PtrsonsZOO Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 30, 2001
    Try an office supply store or someplace that sells drafting supplies. You could also try a print shop. They have those kinds of things a lot (my grandpa was a foreman @ bookbinders/print shop and they were always getting those things from dealers).

2. Sistine

Sistine Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 28, 2002
    Green tulle is not prob Kirana_T I have a fabric shop down the road...it's just my cash flow...I can't seem to get out of that place cheap...

The body suit..oh lords of Chaos that has been crazy...Capizios, V.S., Fredericks, and just about every adult shop in SD. Why? you ask...I am trying to find a long sleeve leotard style body suit that is sheer black material. I have found countless ones online..but I need it like...yesterday! That's why all the woo-hoo shops. The dance shop had one in flesh color so I may just have to go with that and let people see my true skin color...which is AAAAAAA! white!

3. Commander_Choad

Commander_Choad Jedi Master star 4

Sep 11, 2002
    That's not a bad idea...

Thanks!!

4. harpm1

harpm1 Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 19, 2002
    what's Tulle? ;)

This whole fabric thing is confusing. I'm not sure what to do for the jedi costume. Every site has different suggestions and then there are the arguments over how to cut the cloaks. AAAHHH I wish there was just one pattern that was cannon available. Oh, and I noticed that some of the patterns suggested are no longer made. Halloween is only a week away!

5. Sistine

Apr 28, 2002
    There is a pattern you can get; right now at Halloween it is every where.

Robe pattern
    Design 5840

I chose cotton Gauze (sp?) for my cloak. I am a 'sweater' so I didn't want any heavy cottons or wool..

Oh and Tulle is a net like material that is used a lot of times in brides dresses.
    Tulle and a 100 uses!

6. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    I used a poly blend for my robe, it gives it the same drape as the wool, w/ the weight of cotton, but it isn't nearly as hot as either.

7. Kirana_T

Kirana_T Jedi Padawan star 4

May 28, 2002
    Sistine, I completely understand about the cash flow! I always spend way more than I should at the fabric store, too. :D

Harpm1, just use whatever fabric looks good to you. (Not tulle. ;))

You better get moving, if you want to have it in a week. I did mine as a rush job for ComicCon, and it took me a little over a week. (A lot of time was for my cloak, though. I had a hard time with it.) You can borrow my cloak if you want to, although it's black and might not match the rest of you as well as you might like. (The sleeves and hood aren't exactly right, but I still think it turned out ok.)

8. harpm1

harpm1 Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 19, 2002
    :)

Thanks for the info. Now I want to find a use for that Tulle! We picked up the 5840 pattern last night (Joanns in Mesa had it and I hear the Hancocks on Gilbert road did too but not the Hancocks in Mesa.) but I wasn't sure if it was a good one. We'll go with it. I should have the majority of the costume ready but I don't think it will be finished so I'll be a work in progress. At least I have some harley boots to suffice until I can get the real deal.

9. Jedi_Wench

Jedi_Wench Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 2002
    Ahh the joys and stresses of costuming...I love it!! Good luck to you all. I'm stress free right now, but not loving it. I'm a happy girl when costuming.

10. VoidDancer

VoidDancer Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 13, 2002
    Okay !!!!!

I picked my completed costume up from Kreleia's today and HOODY FREAKING HOO it rocks. I guess two heavy duty thickness sewing machine needles valiently gave their lives in creation of this garment and another was crippled for life and is enjoying a worker's comp retirement. But next time I'm in costume behold the skill of our Queen.

Thanks again Kreleia !!!

11. Jedi_Wench

Sep 8, 2002
    ALL HAIL THE QUEEN!!

ALL HAIL THE QUEEN!!

ALL HAIL THE QUEEN!!

*Moment of silence for the needles that gave their lives for his costume* ;)

12. Idiots Array

Idiots Array Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 3, 2000
    //plays taps

6 days left...

13. Jedi_Wench

Sep 8, 2002
    Today I'm going to get Makay's Halloween costume...this should be fun...

Mommy, I wanna be Tigger..
    Mommy, I wanna be Barbie..
    Mommy, I wanna be Woody..
    :confused:
    Mommy, I wanna be Tinker Bell..
    Mommy, I wanna be Jesse..
    Mommy, I wanna be Padme..
    Mommy, I wanna be Dark Vader..

Seriously...she's asked for each one of those costumes already. SHEESH! Can't she make up her mind?

Costumes that I want:
    Rebel Desert Trooper
    Lady Vader
    Stormtrooper armor
    Padme
    Galadriel from FOTR
    Devil Nurse
    Leia
    Zam Wesell

Oh.. [face_blush] NOW I know where she gets it! ;)

14. Sistine

Apr 28, 2002
    Okay!!! PAYDAY!!!

Yeah right it as all rent! However I am going tonight to get my tulle and the buckles I need from the fabric store. Still can't find the darn body suit...oh well there is always the weekend!

Obey-Dawn has a complete Picnic dress for sale...holy moley...I am drooling on that one. I am thinking about getting a seasonal job somewhere just to have play money.. hehehehe! Bad Sistine...

Last night was the first run of my Emp. hand costume...I think it went rather well...I mean the guys howling on the street as I walked by was a good sign I guess. I have a couple more things to add to it...and Ta Daa!!! it will be ready.

Next year at comic con I intend to dress up everyday!

15. Jedi_Wench

Sep 8, 2002
    Ok Sistine now you do have to send pics. I didn't know you were doing an Emperor's Hand costume!

16. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    Cool :cool:

I could never pull that one off, even when I wasnt overweight. I'm built like softball player, no curves and massive shoulders (guess it's a good thing I played, huh ;) ).

17. Kirana_T

Kirana_T Jedi Padawan star 4

May 28, 2002
    I cannot wait for next week!

I put the lacing rings on my corset last night, so I could finally try all the parts together! I've been convinced to wear it to work on Halloween, too. (I know no one else has anything like it. :D) Mine isn't quite as good as Obi Dawn's (hers is awesome!), but I am pretty happy with how it is turning out. And, I fixed my shoes!! Yay! (Although I don't think I want to wear them all day and night. I'll wear more comfortable ones to work. You guys get the good stuff.) :)

18. Jedi_Wench

Sep 8, 2002
    SHWEET! I'm excited to see it Kirana!

19. Diesel_Dave

Diesel_Dave Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2002
    You may not get your wish this year Wench, but next year, I promise to be Imohtep(sp?). OK?! :)

20. Jedi_Wench

Sep 8, 2002
    YIPPEEEE! If you'll be IMHOTEP, I'll be your Anack-sun-amun!! Unless you've already got one picked out and then I'll just give you a HUGE Wenchy hug and smooch!!!!

What do ya say?

21. Diesel_Dave

May 16, 2002
    Any fine scantily clad gold painted hottie (like you) will do JUST FINE! ;)

22. Sistine

Apr 28, 2002
    T - 3 DAYS AND COUNTING

Okay, got the buckles put on the bodice...got the green tulle put on the elastic for the under skirt... However I lost my mind and bought 2 yards of black viynl to make a cape...what was I thinking?!!

23. Jedi_Wench

Sep 8, 2002
    Right on...you were thinking...this needs a vinyl cape... ;)

ROCK ON Dave!!!!! I'll start working out right now so I can get painted for next Halloween!!!! [face_devil]

24. Diesel_Dave

May 16, 2002
    I wouldn't mind having a gaggle of Anack-sun-amun's :D ;)

25. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    Dave-I have this great song for you, I'll try to upload it somewhere you can get to it. It's called "Bald-Headed Men" - Christine Lavin. I was listening to the album on the way to Laramie last night (long story) and I thought of you immediately [face_laugh]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.