main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Roch, NY Halloween/DVD Release Party

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Doc_Bev, Jun 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Doc_Bev

Doc_Bev Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 28, 2003
    It was just pointed out to me that with the release of the DVD being Nov 1st and the fact that'll probably be a midnight madness type release again - that puts the start of our event right on Halloween night.

As mentioned previously, KnightShade and I have dressed up and handed out candy at our house for the past 6+ years. Everyone is invited to come hang out at our house and help entertain the trick-or-treaters.

Then (unless the DVD release date gets moved) we can head on over to Media Play (assuming we go there again) to have the DVD release party.

For those that normally head down to NJ - it looks like this year Chiller ends Oct 30th, but I'm not sure about the annual parade down that way...

~Doc_Bev

2. HothGirl

HothGirl Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 23, 2002
    The parade is always on Halloween day, so it'll be Monday.

Not sure what I'll be doing yet, my guess is that I will probably stay local this year since my birthday is on the 1st and I doubt I can take a couple days off a work at a month's end.

3. STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB

STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB Jedi Master star 4

May 27, 2001
    Cool. Sounds good to me.

4. RogueSquadronWingnut

RogueSquadronWingnut Jedi Master star 4

Apr 7, 2002
    oooo Halloween :)
    And this year I get to wear the Jawa eyes...

5. MadKidJedi

MadKidJedi Jedi Youngling star 3

May 7, 2005
    I hope to have made the transformation to the Dark Lord of the Sith for this night. Given that the Halloween weekend has Saturday on the 29th, and thusly the 31st (Halloween and potential Midnight Madness DVD release), I'll do E3 Anakin (pre-crispy version) on the weekend, and hopefully win a couple of costume contests, and then see if the sweet $90-for-one-nights-rental Vader suit will win me any on the 31st, and then I'll wear it to the DVD release. Sweet timing, in my opinion.

6. RogueSquadronWingnut

Apr 7, 2002
    You're gonna rent the suit?!

Oo! Oo!

7. TX4277

TX4277 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 6, 2005
    You had best reserve the suit now as i'll bet it will go fast

8. Moleman1138

Moleman1138 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 18, 2004
    Will this be the Media Play-Henrietta on Jefferson Rd. That's the best location for me. I have classes 11/1, but not until mid-morning. Hopefully the party'll be starting Monday night.

9. MadKidJedi

May 7, 2005
    Date Posted: 6/20 7:32pm Subject: RE: Halloween/DVD Release Party

MadKidJedi wrote
    I hope to have made the transformation to the Dark Lord of the Sith for this night. Given that the Halloween weekend has Saturday on the 29th, and thusly the 31st (Halloween and potential Midnight Madness DVD release), I'll do E3 Anakin (pre-crispy version) on the weekend, and hopefully win a couple of costume contests, and then see if the sweet $90-for-one-nights-rental Vader suit will win me any on the 31st, and then I'll wear it to the DVD release. Sweet timing, in my opinion.

Yes, Wingnut, I'm renting it, and today I made it official. Originally, I reserved it with my credit card. Then, later that same day, the woman herself, Arlene, called to let me know that my reservation was cancelled, until I came in to get fitted for the suit. Which I fianlly did today. As luck would have it, it was not yet reserved for the 31st of October, through the 1st of November. We shall have our Dark Lord at last. Damn thing had gone up to $99 dollars-per-day rental. Ouch.

Anybody got any lifts for the boots, though? The higher the better...

10. JayTee_Erricck

JayTee_Erricck Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 2, 2004
    Hello, Doc_Bev & Everyone!

Jay Tee from Hawai'i here again! I hope you don't mind................

Your post was the first time I read the release date for the Episode III DVD is planned for November 1st. COOL! I was guessing October, November or December. [No later. I mean, how could they miss the Christmas shopping season?!] I even heard rumors that the DVD was going to be out by July (an unprecedented mere 2 MONTHS after the theatrical release?!). I couldn't believe it but, then again, stranger, more incredible things have been known to happen.

I'm just curious. Where'd you get the November 1st date from? The Force dot net? Rebel Scum dot com? Star Wars dot com? Me, I usually check out Amazon dot com for DVD release dates. On rare occasions, IMDB.com. Just curious to know your cool source. [Not doubting you. Don't get me wrong! Just wondering if there's another good source of release-date info online that I haven't made use of..........]

In any case, thanx for the heads up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

May the Force be with us.

Jay Tee

11. MadKidJedi

May 7, 2005
    Jay Tee Errick-

I personally shouldn't commment on this, but our group's sources include various retailers whose info for Ep3 DVD pre-orders put the release date at November 1st. Our confirmation is loose, but seems to be real...

12. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Jay Tee - I think I first read it on theforce.net it was one of those little headlines in the Latest News box at the bottom of the FF boards. Then I read about it again on the Rebel Legion Echo Base boards and on the 501st NER boards too I think. And somewhere I did read that some store (I don't think they mentioned which store) was taking pre-orders for it and states Nov 1st as the release date. I don't remember where I read that last part though...

It of course I'm sure subject to change... but at least we have something to get us thinking and planning for an upcoming event. :D

Oh, and Jay Tee - don't worry about it! You are welcome to post here anytime! :)

~Doc_Bev

13. JayTee_Erricck

Aug 2, 2004
    Thanx, MadKidJedi & Doc_Bev!

I appreciate all the info! Ahhhh.........November 1st. I acknowledge that it isn't set in stone but, for the time being, November 1st does have a nice ring to it, does it not? Color me excited............

May the Force be with us!

Jay Tee

14. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    As MadKidJedi mentioned in the other thread - the release date for EIII has changed to Nov 8th. So, although folks are still more than welcome to come to our place for Halloween - this move kind of messes up the plan to have the release party right afterwards...

~Doc_Bev

15. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    KnightShade made the suggestion that even though the DVD doesn't come out until the 8th we might still be able to work with some store (Media Play, TRU, FYE, etc) Halloween weekend (I was thinking Oct 29th or Oct 30th) to hand out treats (aka SW stickers) to the kids, help the store with their pre-sales of the DVD and of course advertise the clubs. What do folks think?

~Doc_Bev

16. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    *bumping aforementioned "original plan"* :D

17. JayTee_Erricck

Aug 2, 2004
    Hi, Doc_Bev & Everyone!

Just me, again. I hope you are well.

Well, the news went from November 1st to the 8th & now back to the 1st. I'm not sure if that's good or bad news for all us fans since it's bumped right up against Halloween. [Maybe it woulda been nice for November 8th......woulda given fans yet another weekend to wear their costumes.........]

Cool for HothGirl, though! What a cool way to celebrate a birthday. A world-wide expected DVD release...............

Don't know what I'll be doing locally, though. I'm guessing the 501st here will be making an appearance somewhere. As for the new Rebel Legion group here, we may not have enough people to justify an "appearance". Maybe that will change in time for November 1st.

At the least, I'm thinking I'd like to have a SW film marathon, Episodes I through VI. [A private one with friends, mind you, don't want Lucasfilm busting me for "public screenings" without permission.]

Looking forward to hearing what your Rochester bunch does for the great event.

May the Force be with y'all.

Jay Tee
    http://www.rebellegionhawaii.com

18. Moleman1138

Moleman1138 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 18, 2004
    I just went to Media Play-Henrietta to reserve ROTS and mentioned the Trilogy Party last year down there and the girl at the counter said, "They'll probably be a party for midnight" I said "yeah I know" and smiled.

19. HothGirl

Dec 23, 2002
    Hmm...must plan out new prequel costume.

*rubs hands together menacingly* Muhahahahaaa....

20. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    I'm not sure who'll be at the Henrietta Media Play. We've been talking to the Greece Media Play so far since it's within walking distance of my house (which is where you all are invited for Halloween).

Yeah, ever since I saw that the Padme dress I want to do is on the cover of the DVD it's made me want it even more!

~Doc_Bev

21. HothGirl

Dec 23, 2002
    Yeah, since I know there will be at least one Padme there, I'm shooting for something else.

We'll see if I can pull it off...heh...

22. wookie_cookie

wookie_cookie Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 22, 2001
    I'll be in New Orleans, LA and Texas from Oct. 26 to Nov. 3, so I can't make it. I am going to a costume party that weekend, and hopefully I can convince my friend that I'm visiting to dress up when we go pick up ROTS as well. :p

23. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Just chatted with one of the managers at the Greece Media Play (who also happened to be my bridesmaid) and they will definitely be doing a Midnight Madness even though it'll be Halloween night (I was a little worried about that part). So this is definitely still a go!

So who's interested in participating? I'm guessing we'll do something similar to the OT DVD release: pose for pictures, have a charity raffle (assuming we can gather a nice prize pack), play fan films and whatever else we come up with between now and then. :D

~Doc_Bev

24. DarSolo

DarSolo Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 26, 2004
    Count Tom and I in (our library isn't full yet). [face_laugh] I'll check what we can donate to the raffle.

25. RogueSquadronWingnut

Apr 7, 2002
    I'm there.

Anyone see the new DVD menus and screen shots of the Deleted Scenes?
    The Rebellion Forming scene IS included.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.