main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Roch, NY Halloween/DVD Release Party

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Doc_Bev, Jun 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HothGirl

HothGirl Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 23, 2002
    I should be there.

2. TX4277

TX4277 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 6, 2005
    I'll be there.

3. nevetsmlahh

nevetsmlahh Jedi Youngling star 1

May 20, 2005
    count on me for it as well. if all goes well I might be working for k-mart in iroundiquit.

4. JediMasterSorenKedo

JediMasterSorenKedo Jedi Youngling

Jun 7, 2005
    If I can get a costume together in time, I'd really like to stop by the Media Play for a while to meet you guys...

It wouldnt be an all night kinda thing because of other obligations but I'd really love to participate in the atmosphere!!!

5. STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB

STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB Jedi Master star 4

May 27, 2001
    I have no clue if I will be able to attend any events that night. My job switches to 10pm till 6:30 am October 9 untill January. I will not know until the week before if I can attend.

6. Moleman1138

Moleman1138 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 18, 2004
    I only have one problem. I reserved my ROTS copy down in Henrietta and not at Greece.

7. RogueSquadronWingnut

RogueSquadronWingnut Jedi Master star 4

Apr 7, 2002
    I think you might be able to move the Res to another store. I cannot accurately remember if that was possible or not from my time there as an employee.

8. Doc_Bev

Doc_Bev Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 28, 2003
    I forgot to post that last week I talked to Media Play's general manager and got a big two thumbs up. They're looking forward to having us there.

~Doc_Bev

9. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    OK time to get that volunteer list rolling...

*moved list to next page*

~Doc_Bev

10. TD-027

TD-027 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 27, 2004
    Count me in! Either TB ot TD Which ever is needed. We make have a female Tusken Too! Let me ask Lisa what is up.

11. Moleman1138

Aug 18, 2004
    What's the easiest way to Greece without taking 390/490. I hate highways. I can get to Buffalo Road/ Tinseltown, after that I'm lost since I've only driven to Gates, Brighton, Henrietta, Downtown and Pittsford.

I still have to call Henrietta-Media Play about the transfer.

12. T_StarFlyer

T_StarFlyer Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 2, 2004
    well depends on where you are coming from i would say if you know where the super walmart is in Gates it sits on the corner of Chili Ave & Howard Rd. Take Howard rd head north to Lyell ave . If you make a left it forks into Lyell Rd & Spencerport rd, take the Spencerport Rd fork (the right ot north fork) head west till Long Pond Rd, make a right on Long Pond Rd & head north untill you hit Ridge Rd (rt 104). Make a left on Ridge rd & head West. Continue west on 104 & you'll see Wegmans Plaza on the left. Media Play is in the same plaza it's between Wegmans & K Mart. Hope this helps.....

13. RogueSquadronWingnut

RogueSquadronWingnut Jedi Master star 4

Apr 7, 2002
    When you're at Tinseltown, you want to go down Wegman Rd
    Its the Light with the Sunoco and the Tops at the corners.
    Take Wegman Rd across the bridge and all the way north to where it ends.

Take a right onto Lyell Rd.
    Go to the Next Light and turn LEFT.
    Now you're on Long Pond Rd.

Take Long Pond Road past Spencerport, Ridgeway, and the Greece Ridge Mall
    At the end of the Mall parking lots, you'll see the sign for 104.
    There are two lanes to turn left.
    Get into the far left lane at the light and turn Left.
    Go down 104 till you see a plaza on the left with a Wegmans, Media Play, and KMart.

You're There.

14. Moleman1138

Aug 18, 2004
    Thanks guys. I'll try a few test runs beforehand that is if everything goes well.

15. BlueRoommate

BlueRoommate Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 1, 2002
    I'm a big maybe, since I'm never sure about anything anymore. Can we get a list of who's wearing what running so we don't have any doubles (I mean, twins are cute and all, but for those of us with options, we don't want to tread on toes!)

16. BlueRoommate

BlueRoommate Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 1, 2002
    stupid messages posting twice. Bev, you rock!!!!! Thanks for the update on the costume info.

17. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Not a problem BlueRoommate! I hope you can make it.

I'm trying to draft up a press release to send out regarding our appearance at Media Play. Before I can finalize it, it would be benefical to know what costumes will be present (some I already have noted on the above list - but correct me if I'm wrong) so I can mention that in the press release. The other thing I need to know is if we will be doing any raffle or similar charity driven venture so that I could make sure to mention that in the press release as well.

I don't know that KnightShade and I have anything raffle worthy that we're looking to get rid of. But if we decided on a charity to benefit we might be able to solict donations from local businesses for the raffle. The first charity I thought of that I don't think we've worked for yet is Make a Wish. I think it has sort of a tie-in with Halloween. On Halloween children get to dress up as their favorite movie characters and heroes, etc. And, Make a Wish grants special children the chance to meet their heroes.

In either case, I'd like to send out the press release tomorrow so any thoughts, comments, suggestions, input, etc would be appreciated.

~Doc_Bev

18. MadKidJedi

MadKidJedi Jedi Youngling star 3

May 7, 2005
    Nicky (and all);

I love the idea of doing our something for Make-A-Wish, but there's a local, home-grown agancy that does pretty much the same thing, and I owe them a square... they're the Dream Factory organization and they pretty much do what the MAW Foundation does; make kids with disabilities and terminal illnesses dreams happen. A couple of years back, I had their permision to use their name in my soliciatations for promo materials surrounding the Ep.I DVD release, for (a) give-away(s) where proceeds would be split between them and the Eastman House's Film Preservation division. I still have much of those materials and standees I collected then, and I've no problem donating them to the current event. It would allow us multiple giveaway opportunities... Ans I remember the name of the gal at the Dream Factory; Laura Walitsky.

I could put feelers out myself, if you'd like, and flex my Outreach Ambassador muscles a bit more, and/or help you with that press release, Nick.

19. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    The Dream Factory sounds great to me. According to this page it looks like Laura Walitsky is still the contact. We could collect donations from their wish list while at Media Play as well.

MadKidJedi - If you could re-connect with Ms. Walitsky and let her know we would like to have a raffle to benefit The Dream Factory and see if we have their permission to solict more raffle donations that would be a big help to me.

If no one has any objections to this charity, I think we should get the ball rolling on this fast since I really would like to send out the press release tomorrow if at all possible.

EDIT: I wonder if we can get Channel 10's Jennifer Johnson or Channel 13's Ginny Ryan to cover our event. I was just reading how they've both volunteered for The Dream Factory.

~Doc_Bev

20. TX4277

TX4277 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 6, 2005
    I am totally in favor of Dream Factory as the charity. Being local they are likely to be more interactive with us. MAW foundation can always be next too :)

Mike

21. DarSolo

DarSolo Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 26, 2004
    Well, I have a few costumes to choose from (Leia in the Ewok village, classic white ANH Leia, and Mara Jade), but really wanted to wear something from ROTS for the DVD release. I've bought some material for one Padme outfit, but some aspects of her costume are being more elusive than I had expected. Then another find sent me in pursuit of materials for a different one, so I'm now torn which costume to try to complete by Halloween weekend. I doubt, time or my budget will will allow me to complete both of them by this deadline. Either way no one in the Rebellion currently has either of these costumes or plans to make these to my knowledge. Sorry, this doesn't really help you with the press release though.

22. Modernism

Modernism Jedi Master star 1

Feb 19, 2003
    I will be there too. :)

23. T_StarFlyer

T_StarFlyer Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 2, 2004
    the Dream Factory sounds great. D & I can come up with a few things to add to the raffle also

24. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Just emailed the press release to all the same folks I emailed for the EIII premiere. As I get the time, I'll do some follow-up emails and get the event listed on different calendars online. I just wanted to get that task someone out of the way so I can get back to my dress. [face_worried] I'm still not confident I can get it done (or at least done properly) in time for Halloween.

~Doc_Bev

25. Moleman1138

Aug 18, 2004
    You guys want a spotlight in the MCC newspaper for this event? I'm on the editorial staff and would be willing to ask. We're trying to broaden our paper and now don't focus on community organizations, maybe this may be the spark we need. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.