main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Roch, NY Halloween/DVD Release Party

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Doc_Bev, Jun 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Igorcht

Igorcht Jedi Youngling

Nov 1, 2005
    Hi!

Yup, that's me. It was pretty fun, I hope I can show up for more events. :D (and get some cash for a costume. :p)

2. Moleman1138

Moleman1138 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 18, 2004
    Go Connor! [face_dancing]

Last night was quite memorable. Time to get cracking on that article. Got that and have to review the ROTS DVD.

3. scafencer

scafencer Jedi Youngling

May 20, 2005
    Yes it was fun indeed. And the more I think about it, now I really do want to do the whole Stormtropper armor thing. Being a dark jedi is cool and all, but all the troopers toghether look awesome!! Great pics too. I have some that I will post on my site this weekend that if you want them for here, feel free to grab them.

4. Doc_Bev

Doc_Bev Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 28, 2003
    Welcome to the boards Igorcht!

Yay for more Stormtroopers!

Our raffle only earned us $13 unfortunately, but we also did receive a couple donations from William Smith College (through TX4277).

I also ended up with $3.78 in change from the Wendy's late dinner run Monday night. Although I mostly remember what people ordered and how much money they gave me - I don't know what their totals were to be able to figure out how much of this change they should be getting. We could either have our resident Wendy's employee help me out with food prices or we could add the $3.78 to The Dream Factory donation.

~Doc_Bev

5. DarSolo

DarSolo Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 26, 2004
    Thanks for the great photos 'Nut. I've finally applied for the 501st. since the Royal Guard photos came out so nice. God, I'm glad it's done - I now have a warm costume for those outdoor events on cool days. [face_dancing] Well, the forcepike, visor, and breathing apparatus can use some modifications, but it all worked nicely for a first try. Does anyone know where (besides ebay) I can find replacement red plastic visor for the helmet? Triktoys.com has them in dark grey only. I won't enlarge the eye hole until I have a replacement visor in case this one rips too much and cannot be reused.

Also, I hope we get a nice shot at the Auburn event of my Ewok village Leia for my Rebel Legion application.

6. RogueSquadronWingnut

RogueSquadronWingnut Jedi Master star 4

Apr 7, 2002
    No Problem Dar
    I say throw the 3 bucks into Dream Factory.

7. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    DarSolo have you changed the outfit any since this picture? That pic is fine for RL submission, but we can easily take more as well if you don't like it.
    Which reminds me - we actually filled up the card in the camera so I got to get that cleared off before Saturday!

~Doc_Bev

8. T_StarFlyer

T_StarFlyer Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 2, 2004
    maybe she wants a life size ewok to take a picture with:)

9. DarSolo

Aug 26, 2004
    That would be nice, [face_batting] but truthfully, I forgot about that photo. [face_blush] Thanks.

10. RogueSquadronWingnut

Apr 7, 2002
    Have you applied to both yet Dar?

11. DarSolo

Aug 26, 2004
    Yeah - 501st. yesterday, but I haven't been asked for a photo yet (Royal Guard). I submitted the Ewok Leia today for Rebel Legion. I'll need a good photo of the white classic ANH Leia with R2D2 for them too. When I get a good picture of my updated Mara, then I'll add that to the 501st., Rebel Legion and apply to Jedi Assembly. I just have to make sure I get the lightsabers right for the different groups. [face_laugh]

12. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Did anyone lose a thin black stretchy headband at my house?
    I found one just outside my garage door.

If I remember I can bring it to Auburn on Saturday...

~Doc_Bev

13. RogueSquadronWingnut

Apr 7, 2002
  14. Primrodo

Primrodo Jedi Master star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    Nice TV Spot guys :) Looks like you guys had alot of fun :)

Nicky, your costume is fabulous :)

15. Ayka

Ayka Jedi Youngling star 1

May 12, 2005
    If it was a Underarmor Head-thingy, It either belongs to me or TX4277, Not sure. I'll check for mine in the morning..

16. TX4277

TX4277 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 6, 2005
    Pretty sure I have mine

17. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Thanks Primodo!

No... it's not underarmour.
    It reminds me of me winter headband/ear wrap but only 1/2 as wide. For all I know it belonged to one of the trick-or-treaters and blew over to my back door.

~Doc_Bev

18. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    OMG!! TX4277 why didn't you warn me!
    I just noticed now that there were some bills and a check in the box of donations from Hobart William Smith. I thought it was just the sticker book, film, disposable camera and a Kodak beach ball. Well, the beach ball was actually a plastic bag with $45 in it! I thought the beach ball was sort of odd. :p

So our grand total donation will be $61.78!! Plus the object donations.

I'll be getting this sent out with a cover letter after Astronomicon.

~Doc_Bev

19. TX4277

TX4277 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 6, 2005
    Sorry D_B, I thought you knew it was in there when you mentioned donations from HWS folk...

Glad you found it though :p

20. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Did you ever get a chance to write an article for this event Moleman1138? I'd be interested in seeing/reading it if you did.

In other news, I'm still working on getting The Dream Factory their donations. I'm waiting to hear back from them if there is some place I can drop off the items and check so that I don't have to mail everything.

~Doc_Bev

21. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Well, no luck on dropping off the items to save on postage...
    I have the items all packaged up and will brave the post office either today or Friday.
    Grand total for monetary donation to the Dream Factory is $103.31. This includes the money from the USS Tranquility as well.

~Doc_Bev

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.