Halloween Express, Oct. 7th afternoon

Discussion in 'Arkansas' started by Jaira, Sep 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jaira Jedi Master

star 4
    Hey! Okay, this is something that could be looked at as a burden to some, but a blessing to others: We have been invited to take part in an event to raise awareness for the American Cancer Association. It will be at the Halloween Express in North Little Rock. The catch is, it will be on October 7th. Bad thing is, that's 2 events in one day. Good thing is, the race for the cure is fairly early in the day, I believe at 0800, and the Halloween Express event would be in the afternoon. So, people coming from out of town to the race/walk could get two events in for the price of one. Anyone interested? I would like to get a starting count by the end of the week.
  2. hyperspace_police FanForce CR Arkansas US

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Already talked to the "Boss man" on this one.

Sounds good. (Assuming the Dr. will allow it.)

Bacon
  3. Nyborg13 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Hey guys like she said it does make two events in one day but for those driving in from out of town it makes it easier on the gas thing. The owner of Halloween Express seemed real excited about it. He needs a for sure rough head count and to know if the date is ok by Friday of this week. He is going to call the radio stations and have his ads changed saying we will be there. There will be alot of people in town for the walk that day and we will get alot of PR.
  4. Enderan Jedi Knight

star 1
    Is this costumed or optional? I think I might be able to work something out and be there (as long as I don't have to work).
  5. Nyborg13 Jedi Knight

star 3
    It will be costumed but Im sure he will understand as long as we dont get tomany people not in costume. Because we need spooters and people that can see to help keep an eye on the money and anwser ? to people.
  6. Kynstar Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Should be able to attend :) Count me in! [face_thinking] Now what to come as. Jedi or Sith...Jedi or Sith...
  7. otisdodge Jedi Master

star 4
    What would we be doing?
  8. hyperspace_police FanForce CR Arkansas US

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Standing around in costume with a donation bucket for the American Cancer Society.

(I think)

[face_pig]
  9. Lavenderrose73 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Hey, whatever works! I should make it in costume...get around, by some miracle, to finishing my sheer thing and wearing white outfit under it; renting the good one from Costume Corner, whatever works out for me. I don't see why I couldn't make it to both...this Halloween Express is in an easy to find place, isn't it?

@};-

Oh, the Arkansith calendar says the race is from 2pm -4pm. Has it been changed to 8 in the morning? Doesn't matter, I just want to make sure.
  10. Nyborg13 Jedi Knight

star 3
    BJ or Sharon would one of you or both mind calling everyone and trying to get a verble ok on this I told him we would give him an answer by this weekend. But at the moment it looks like we will have three or four people. If you have any ? call me today.
  11. hyperspace_police FanForce CR Arkansas US

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Go ahead and set it for the 7th.

Haven't seen much complaining about the date. So, go with it.

(This is just my opnion and well...thats what it is.)

I'm pretty sure Counduit can make this part since it'll be in the afternoon.

Bacon
  12. Jaira Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm counting about nine or ten, boss.
  13. Enderan Jedi Knight

star 1
    I'll try to make it there. Where is it and how long will we be there?
  14. Kynstar Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I believe it is the Halloween Express in NLR near the Toys-R-Us and PETCO store :) in that shopping area. Looks to be in afternoon timeframe on Sat, Oct 7th :)
  15. hyperspace_police FanForce CR Arkansas US

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Kynstar is correct.

It'll be in the pm after The Race for the Cure.

Feel free to join us in either.

We can still add people to our team.
  16. Nyborg13 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Sharon go ahead and let him know ( I misplaced his number) 7 to 10 maybe a few more that wont be in costume but there for spoters and such. I guess see if 1PM till 4ish would be ok with him that should give us plenty of time ti do the walk change grab a bit an be over there. Tell him it will look alot nicer if we can go in the back and change if he can swing it. Thanks and Mac I really didnt mean it the way it sounded.
  17. otisdodge Jedi Master

star 4
    You may find these requests tedious and annoying, but could you change the thread title to include what this is about/date...?

Humbly asking please...

By the way, I'm planning on being there, but as the 8th is our anniversary, It's not for shoor and I need to check with the Queen Mum. Since I'm doing the race in the morning, she may want me to take her out in the afternoon/evening since we don't go out on Sunday...
  18. Jaira Jedi Master

star 4
  19. Lavenderrose73 Jedi Knight

star 3
    I believe it is the Halloween Express in NLR near the Toys-R-Us and PETCO store ...

You mean it's right by the 67/167 strip? That certainly won't be a problem~! Count me in, costume and all. [face_dancing]

@};-

P.S. Should I bring my lightsaber?
  20. otisdodge Jedi Master

star 4
    Did you like that? I typed sh by accident and then just decided to go with it.[face_skull]
  21. hyperspace_police FanForce CR Arkansas US

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    bumping cause it's this Saturday.

I'll try and post a concrete time this evening...

Check back.

And could I get a head count on this one please?????
  22. Kynstar Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    * Raises hand*

I'll be there :)
  23. Nyborg13 Jedi Knight

star 3
  24. hyperspace_police FanForce CR Arkansas US

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Hey....Nyborg....Can I be a Spooter????
  25. otisdodge Jedi Master

star 4