main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tucson Halloween for those not going to zoo

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by TSNFETT, Sep 11, 2006.

1. TSNFETT

TSNFETT Jedi Youngling

Aug 14, 2006
    Hey folks, I wont be able to make the zoo event, But may be doing something at the FOOTHILlS mall. Anyone who may not be attending the zoo event should (if they like) contact me for more details. In breilf Myself (as fett), MY Buddy home from Iraq (as S-trooper) are going to try and freelance a little toy/food/fun drive with the help of one of the Malls Vendors. detail to folow as they become available. The are No Blaster restrictions. we will generaly pose for Pics, hand out some sugary foods in exchange for a Food. toy or Cash donation.
    TSNFETT

2. dialswiftjustice

dialswiftjustice Jedi Master star 4

Jul 12, 2005
    Hm, well, are you talking about Halloween in particular? Because the zoo event is not on Halloween its the weekend before. On Halloween itself we are doing the CRS childrens clinic from 3pm to 430pm, and will probably go straight over to TMC, to do their childrens wards. THis was all addressed in other threads.

We also adressed doing anything that recives cash. We can not accept cash as a donation, and all voted not to during drives. Toy's and food are great, but I'd recommend getting a sponsor on board first, like the food bank. Also the Tucson Mall shot us down for doing events, even on halloween, masked or helmeted due to their robbery paranoia. Be sure to get with the mall to make sure its cool with them first.

If you come to the next meeting and present this to the group (along with the fan film we are anxuisly waiting to hear about) we can vote on whether we want to participate and lend the Two Suns Fan Force name to it.

3. cathiecat

cathiecat Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 24, 2005
    I have to say that DSJ is right about what we are already doing in the month of October.. I am sure you are already aware of the mall rules on helmets and such as that.. though of course Halloween night they may relax the rules a bit, I don't know.. we have never attempted an event at the Mall on Halloween..

When you mention freelance.. what exactly does that entail.. do you mean freelance as far as who you are representing.. or freelance for who the event is to benefit?

While I can't speak for the fan force as a whole, I know that I will be out of town on Halloween, normally we decide which events to do with the Tucson Fan Force at our face to face monthly meetings, so I would certainly invite you come to the monthly meeting on Sunday Sept 17th and share your plans for your drive.