main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

St. Lou, MO Halloween Meeting

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Jedi_Dajuan, Aug 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    At Sunday's meeting I brought up the fact that we should try to have a Halloween-ish meeting next. Star Wars lends itself o-so-well to Halloween I thought it would be fun.

I was thinking a weekend in late October, early November, not actually on the 31st. That way some of us can go trick-or-treating and we can all get a little extra wear out of our costumes.

We need to start planning early because of a couple reasons:
    1) some people leave for college soon and if they want to return for the party, they will need some notice,
    2) I'd really like to have it at a place that we could reserve a room (less confusion that way lol) so we need locations and possibly a way to chip in cash for reservations,
    3) arranging for carpooling if necessary,
    4) we all need plenty of time to work out our costumes of course!!
    5) I just like to plan things early.

Anyway I know it's early but what do you all think? Also, after that I was thinking a winter break meet would be fun too, that way all of us should be back in town.

:) Jedi Dajuan

2. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    Oh yeah, any weekend but 10/4 and 11/8 work for me. I have the GRE on those dates. :eek:

3. _Mike_

_Mike_ Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 20, 2002
    If I'm able to go, (which is much more likely than it would have been a few weeks ago) I shall go as an Imperial Officer! I just hope any Vader's there don't force-choke me. :p

4. RustyShackleford

RustyShackleford Jedi Youngling

Aug 16, 2003
    You people actually set up meetings and all that? Guess you all know each other pretty well. I probably won't fit in then...

5. kddidit

kddidit Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 7, 2003
    Plan early, avoid confusion, both noble goals. Amazingly, my calendar is open on weekends from October 11 all the way to Thanksgiving. If we're looking at weekdays, would the festivities extend into the evenings? Anyway, whatever works for the most people. Also, I'm willing to help out with rides or planning, if needed. Mike, if you're going to be an Imperial officer, maybe you should give yourself a promotion to Grand MOff and avoid getting all choked up...heh heh heh.

6. _Mike_

Aug 20, 2002
    Yea, Meetings are the thing that makes us: The Arch Vader Society, as opposed to just St. Louis. :)

And I just went to my first meeting with these guys (by guys, I mean people). Some of the people know each other really well, but for the majority of us, we've only met a couple of times or so.

7. RustyShackleford

RustyShackleford Jedi Youngling

Aug 16, 2003
    Really...huh. Like what do you do at your meetings anyway. just hang out and stuff?

8. _Mike_

Aug 20, 2002
    Yea, we just hang around and play games and stuff.

9. Jedi_Tabee

Jedi_Tabee Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 6, 2001
    another meetings!

Dajuan, you are my fav person!

let's see.. my fall break is Oct 23 to the 26th. other then that, I won't be home to Thanksgiving

as for getting a room.. try some not so expensive hotels and see if they have conference rooms :)

10. _Mike_

Aug 20, 2002
    *volenteers Pat's house for the Halloween party*

11. CuppaJoe

CuppaJoe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 24, 2002
    Mike, that wouldn't be so bad :)

12. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    Are you guys serious? Would parents be alright with a buch of people invading the house? Besides that I think a resturant that we could rent the room or a hotel like Tabee said would work.

13. _Mike_

Aug 20, 2002
    I, am not serious.... But I am not sure weather Pat is or not.. *shrugs*

14. CuppaJoe

Aug 24, 2002
    I was halfserious, because remember what we did for Halloween last year?

Mike, dudeman, and DinoGallus were at my house, long withsome other(s). I wouldn't say it was a "party" but it was fun. We watched movies and stuff. Anyway, I don't know if you guys would want to be here anyway 8-} I don't have what you would call the largest house, plus if that even happened we would have to do it when some people are gone, like my baby sister, that would be a bit of a problem.

15. VoijaRisa

VoijaRisa Jedi Master star 5

Oct 12, 2002
    While a hotel or something like that would be fun, I doubt anyone's parents would feel more secure with them there. Plus renting out a room costs $$ and being the poor college students some of us are, that's not our favourite thing in the world.

So I also think it would be a good idea to host it at someone's house. As I mentioned at the meeting, I wouldn't mind hosting it at mine. It should be atequately big for a large group. I'll just have to talk to my parents about it a bit.

Also, a bit of mention has been made about people coming in costume. Dajuan and I have also discussed a little about taking all the costumes and making a short film much along the lines of what I did with Snow Wars. Those of you at the past 2 meetings know what I'm talking about. So far we'd have an imperial officer, Indiana Jones, Padme (in yellow dress) and Darth Vader, assuming I get my costume finished. It'd be interesting to see what we come up with.

That's all I have to say for now since I'm supposed to be taking this computer apart to move to college. So I'm going to do that now... yeah....

16. yodaismygod

yodaismygod Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2002
    Hey voija I have a costume its sort of a version of Lukes Jabbas palace costume, no over-robe thing, but I have a pretty cool looking double bladed.

17. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    Yoda, I think he wears a slightly brownish cloak in ROTJ, I might be able to lend you mine, depending on your size (as long as you're not too much taller, shorter, skinnier or wider than me you should be fine). Mine's a medium (color of that brown candy that I can't seem to spell) brown with hood and sleves. I made it for a EP1 jedi costume.

18. CuppaJoe

Aug 24, 2002
    I was thinking about going as a young American Count Dooku 8-}

19. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    I think having it at Jon's house would be a great idea if everyone could get there. The biggest problem I see is getting some of the non-drivers there. I'm not sure if parents would want to drive out there or have someone else pick them up. If we can fix that problem I'm all for having the meet there, it's easier, cheaper, and we can be crazier. Think your fams would go for it? I've offered before, but I will again. I am happy to pick up as many as will fit into my car and I am happy to meet any parents well before hand to put minds at ease. All you have to do is ask, my BF (a teacher) could do the same.

20. yodaismygod

yodaismygod Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2002
    Well dajuan, I don't know how tall you are, but I usually have a height problem when it comes to clothing. Like it is impossible to find in my size, I run somewhere around 6'4". But its always worth a shot.

21. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    ::Looks up:: Yeah I'm like 5'6" on a big shoes day. I dont think that will work then. I mean its a little long on me, but a 6'+ friend of mine tried it on and it was like a foot too short. Oh well thought I'd offer, sorry.

22. dudeman

dudeman Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 19, 2002
    that sounds cool, i have a black robe type thing that was origanally meant for a grim reaper type thing, until i cut it. october 21st would be bad for me, thats me b-day so i wont make it anywheres on the 21st.

btw, i will be a little bit inactive for a little bit longer until our internet problem is fixed. but i should be able to go on after school most days.

23. Dinogallus

Dinogallus Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 27, 2003
    I have nothing to do that I know of, so I bet I could make it anyday we decide to have the party. Also, my uncle Jerry owns a resturaunt called "JJ's" in O'Fallon (Missouri). It's about 45 minutes away from CrestBowl and there are two party rooms that you can reserve. If you like this idea, I can get directions.

[BEST HOTWINGS EVER!]

24. Jedi_Tabee

Jedi_Tabee Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 6, 2001
    oo, party rooms are a good idea :)

what are the rates for renting one? Do ya think we can get a discount cuz we know ya? ;)

25. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    Yeah I really like the room idea but only if we think everyone can get there. Also I was thinking a weekend in November possibly. Will that work.

Dino, if you PM me the info I can call your uncle after we pick a date and get everything in gear.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.