main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

St. Lou, MO Halloween Meeting

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Jedi_Dajuan, Aug 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Jedi_Commander_Faofa Jedi Master star 4

Mar 17, 2003
    OK, games, I'm in!!!!!

Just ask what games you want, I'll try to get them. I've got a few SW board games, most Monopoly, so I'm not sure how we will be able to play an entire game, unless we play by some expanded rules... ;)

I'll look through my inventory tonight, post Monday or something, because I'm busy tomorrow. No laser-tagging, we're seeing Pirates at the theater AGAIN!!! YAYY!!! I'm gonna be real busy tomorrow.

I know this couldn't happen, but it would be really cool if we could bring in laptops or PCs and we could play JKII etc. Or if someone had a PS2 with some SW games. I don't have any console systems, I'm primarily a PC gamer.

2. CuppaJoe

CuppaJoe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 24, 2002
    I've got a ps2!!!! I've got some great games, too...Phantom menace, Jedi power battles, and clone wars.

3. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    Games like that would be great one problem though, who's bringing the TV?

4. VoijaRisa

VoijaRisa Jedi Master star 5

Oct 12, 2002
    You really want me to bring a TV? I can...

5. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    Hmmm, I dont know thats a lot of trouble. My instinct says thats its too much trouble for this venue. If you guys really want to bring the games and tv go for it. I say we see what Dinogallus says.

I have some halloween lights and caludrons and I will get a bowl for candy. Anyone else bringing decorations? Oh yeah everyone bring CANDY too!

6. Jedi_Tabee

Jedi_Tabee Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 6, 2001
    I shall bring some candy.

(I have to get some for a presentation for one of my classes and my ToT rounds for my floor...)

I like candy :D

7. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    We're up on the main page. Check out the main page of theforce.net and see the link for our party!!

8. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Mar 17, 2003
    Yayy!!

BTW, I was thinking a TV might be too much also.

9. kddidit

kddidit Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 7, 2003
    SW Games I own: SW Monopoly and SW Trivia. Candy, I can bring candy. :::evil grin::: Good union candy!! : D Don't know what time we'll arrive/leave, but I'd be willing to help set up or clean up. Also, we can bring a CD player, if needed. As for rides, we're coming from JeffCo, so anyone betwixt here and there who needs a lift, PM me.

10. VoijaRisa

Oct 12, 2002
    I have black lights, lava lamp, plasma ball, strobe light... just let me know which you want me to bring. Also, who's needing rides?

11. CuppaJoe

Aug 24, 2002
    Dajuan, I'm going to be bringing two guests. So add them to the list.

12. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    My vote is no tv too. Just way too much trouble. My BF has a 51 disk changer so I think we're good, but thanks. What's a plasma ball? That or the lave lamps sound interesting, the strobe light makes me dizzy and the black lights are too much trouble. Also I'm available for a few North County rides if need be.

Lists coming soon...

EDIT- Don't forget digital cameras! If everyone sends me the pictures I will put up as many as possible on my website. Or if someone can post more I'll let them. Hopefully I will have a better site before then though.

13. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    Jedi_Dajuan + 3
    Dinogallus
    VoijaRisa + 2
    Jedi_Tabee + 1
    yodaismygod
    Jedi_Commander_Faofa
    CuppaJoe + 2
    Sith-Kazar
    kddidit + 1
    Dagobah_Diva (?)
    GrandAdmiralGrubby
    Darthtrader + 1
    (total 20-22)

Music Committee
    *Randy + JCF

Decoration Committee
    *Jedi_Dajuan + Kddidit + hubby (probably)

Ride Committee
    *VoijaRisa + Jedi_Dajuan + kddidit

Clean-up Committe
    *Jedi_Tabee + kddidit(?) +

Finance Committee
    *Jedi_Dajuan + VoijaRisa

Games- SWTP, SWCCG, SW monopoly, ??

All right a few haven't volunteered for anything, better hurry or latrine duty for all.

14. Jedi_Tabee

Sep 6, 2001
    wow... this so sounds like its goina be fun :D

kudos to Dajaun for making it happen :D

but, just a few questions for my piece of mind. Is JJ's easily recognizable? I have the directions, (all hail map quest) but I want to make sure I'll see it when we get there.

and, when we get there, is there somewhere special we gotta go to meet? or are we all goina hang out in front of the building til we think everyone is there?

I dont want anyone to get lost, so knowing this stuff helps. :D

15. CuppaJoe

Aug 24, 2002
    From DinoGallus "I just found out that there is going to be some sort of party startong at 7 at jjs. So, We must be gone by 6. To compensate for this though, We can get there at anytime before that. One oclock is good, the absolute latest seems to be 4. I'll let you decide for yourselves what time would be good."

REMINDER

Everyone who shows up must buy something to eat.

16. CuppaJoe

Aug 24, 2002
    This dissapoints me, I was looking forward to going and staying later.

I was thinking that after we leave jjs, we could go do something else, like go outside and do something, if it's not too much. You know, like hang out somewhere.

17. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    Last Minute changes great.....
    Well gang do we want to see if we can change the place at the last minute? I wasn't planning on starting until like 5 so this really throws off everything. We can always find something closer to the city. Give me the word and I will start calling tonight or tomorrow morning. Suggestions would be grand. Of course we can still go there but I wanted the meeting to last later than 6. This is a party and all.

18. CuppaJoe

Aug 24, 2002
    I'm sorry, but I'm thinking we shouldn't do jjs. I told the guests that I would be bringing about it and now they don't want to go, thinking it won't be as fun considering it would be better if it wouldn't be so early into the day. But if you guys want to still go, go ahead. I'm just worried not many people would come and it wouldn't be as fun.

19. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    Ok here's a plan.

My BF is willing to host it at his house. He lives in Dog Town, I could give address and directions as needed. We could come and go as we please. Everyone bring food or cash to order pizzas and bring soda or give a spot of cash to him for the soda. It'd be a little tight but we'd manage. We could play the movies, play the video games (He has a huge TV).

Parents will be welcome to come or call or whatever.

Let me know what you think, this could work, I just hate last minute changes.

20. Jedi_Tabee

Sep 6, 2001
    and now... a word from your CR.

I have to admit, I'm a bit disapponted about the JJs thing, I was led to believe we had a reservation type thing, but I guess we did not. Can't fault the owners of JJs, they are running a business, and having a party that's paying for the space and food instead of just food is more benefical.

Last minute changes are never happy, so we need new plans ASAP (I mean really ASAP, like yesterday ASAP)

Dajuan and I have discussed it, and her idea of having it at her bfs house sounds like a good idea to me

But we have to get things sorted out NOW! as soon as we have a consensus of more then 2 people, we have to figure out ways to contact everyone who is going and let them know about the change of plans.

so hurry up and post y'all :p

21. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Mar 17, 2003
    :eek:

Oh, Sithspawn!!
    :mad: :mad: :mad:
    This really sucks now. I thought we had it reserved!!! Murphy's Law strikes again. Seems to follow me everywhere I go. :_|

Well, now I'm not sure if I can go or not. Dajuan, send me directions to your BF's house, hopefully it's close by. Not sure if my parents would let me go to someone's house they don't know though. So I'll have to see.

On the bright side, the video games would work!! ;)

Why isn't DinoGallus posting here? Why did he tell someone else, and not post here himself? Sounds like a scam, but I'm probably just letting myself get too mad. Hmmm... ?[face_plain]

Well, hopefully the Force will be with us. I'll try to find somewhere around here that we can do this now. Right when we put it on the main page, something went wrong. I don't think we can organize a whole dang party in less than 4 days. But we'll see.

May the Force be with us. :)

22. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    Randy is in Dog Town, read Clayton and hwy 40. Not too bad an area. We can also use metrolink.

Another possibility is Jon's house, his parents will be there if that helps. Don't mark your calander yet, we're still working on it.

23. CuppaJoe

Aug 24, 2002
    No, there's no scam. DinoGallus doesn't have the internet, so he usually posts at the library. He told me to post that for him since he was not able to get to a computer today.

24. VoijaRisa

Oct 12, 2002
    I've gotten approval to host this shindig at my house. It's in Webster Groves right off 44 so it's very easy to get to and in a nice neighborhood.

For accomidations we'll have two basement rooms. One has a large TV with Playstation attached. Also, there's a stereo in there in case we want to play tunes. It also boasts strobe light, black light, plasma ball, lava lamp, fiber optics lamp, plus glow in the dark stars painted over everything. It's pretty. Our other room is actually my sister's so it's decorated with lepoard prints but is quite comfortable. It will have a TV with N64 in there. Any other game systems will be welcome.

I've got SW Trivial Pursuit and Monopoly so don't feel like you need to bring those. If anyone is interested in learning to play the SW:CCG, I've got a large collection that I'm looking to thin out so I'll teach people how to play that too if anyone wants.

As for stuff to bring: bring some $$ to order pizzas or come with food of your own (chips, drinks, etc...). Bring any other games you like that I haven't mentioned.

To get there: Take your best route to Webster Groves on I-44. Get off at the Elm exit (If you're coming from the East, you'll see the back of the Schnucks I work at. If you're coming west, you'll cross under Big Bend right before the exit).

Go North on Elm to Big Bend.

Take a left onto Big Bend.

Take Big Bend for ~2 blocks. At that time, it will curve to the left and start to go over some railroad tracks.

DON'T follow Big Bend! At that point there will be a U-Haul station on your right.

Take a left there onto Gore.

Take Gore to Waverly Pl.

NOTE: Waverly Pl. is a tiny 1/2 block street that is only on your left. Go slow. If you get to Jackson (the first stop sign) you've gone to far. The street is right before a yellow and green fire hydrant and across the street from a light post.

My address is 114 Waverly. It's the 3rd house on the left. It's grey. Feel free to park in the driveway if there's space. If not, park on the street. If there are any questions, PM me or call me (314) 962-4742 after 7:00 tomorrow (tomorrow being Wednesday).

Um.. I think that's all.

::wipes brow::

25. Jedi_Tabee

Sep 6, 2001
    *puts official CR stamp of approval on plans for party to be at Jon's house*

alright Peeps, time to spread the word!

if you know someone who is going in RL, call 'em! Have someone on an IM? IM 'em! Don't forget about PMs and e-mails!

:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.