main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

St. Lou, MO Halloween Meeting

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Jedi_Dajuan, Aug 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    Alrighty, everyone read it.
    Now lets do it. Forget the earlier committees.
    We need everyone to bring soda, food, snacks and whatever you were bringing before. Cash too for pizza or whatever. Nothing has really changed but the location.

Please call Jon or me with any problems. I am sending out PM shortly.

I am so sorry about the trouble, let me know if rides need to be arranged, I will be happy to help. There will be a metro link pick up at Forest Park or North Hanley, depending on the time, I will post the time shortly.

Again sorry for the mix-up, these things happen sometimes.

Remember PARTY AT 5pm.

2. VoijaRisa

VoijaRisa Jedi Master star 5

Oct 12, 2002
    5:00? I thought it was 6:00. Oh well. Whatever works. LET'S PARTY!

3. yodaismygod

yodaismygod Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2002
    Grrr. I don't know if I am going to be able to make it now. But thats a long story that I don't feel like typing out.

4. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    Come on guys, don't crap out now!!

We, Tabee, CuppaJoe, VoijaRisa, and I, spent spent two and a half hours coming up with this solution (Couldn't find anyone else on line). Trust me we thought of everything possible. To find a resturant at the last minute is impossible, they are either too expensive or are booked. I know it's not ideal to switch locations or times a mere 4 days before the party, but these things happen.

5. CuppaJoe

CuppaJoe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 24, 2002
    Sorry guys, but I'm not going to the meeting. I can't, because my mom really doesn't want me going to someone else's house. I can only go to the meeting if it's in a public place, but if it's not, then I guess I just won't go. And I was really looking forward to this too.

6. VoijaRisa

Oct 12, 2002
    You did push that part about there being my parents here right?

7. CuppaJoe

Aug 24, 2002
    Yes, I did actually tell them your parents would be their, but they still won't let me go unless it's in public.

8. VoijaRisa

Oct 12, 2002
    Ok fine, I'll leave the back door open and allow random people to walk through. There. It's public. Are you happy now?

9. DarthSammy

DarthSammy Jedi Youngling

Oct 20, 2002
    Well, I'm not from MO but I'm Jon's GF and shall be comming down from CA to be at the party. I am looking FWD to meeting all of you for the first time, and for some, for the second. :)

10. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    I'm very sorry you won't be able to go Cuppa. Unfortunately this is the best idea we could come up with in the amount of time we had. I promise that the next official meeting will be in a public place. I'm thinking Illinois. I will start that thread shortly so we can start those plans. Again sorry to whom ever cannot come.

11. CuppaJoe

Aug 24, 2002
    Jon, I don't care wether it's in a public place or not, it's my mom who does, but if it's not in public than I can't go, So again It's not my decision wether I can go or not. If I can, I can, If I can't, I can't. The main thing I'm upset about is that I've work really hard on my costume and I wanted alot of you to see it.

12. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Jedi_Commander_Faofa Jedi Master star 4

Mar 17, 2003
    I hear you Cuppa. My parents are iffy about this too. Don't know why, but I guess it's their job to watch over what I do. They're just looking out for me, I know that. Cuppa, you'll have to take some pics and scan them or upload them on the web so we can see your costume!

I might be able to go though guys. So if I come, I come. If not, the show will go on. ;)

13. CuppaJoe

Aug 24, 2002
    Well, I'll be going to a youth group party thingy this weekend so hopefully I can show my costume there.

btw dajuan was saying something about costume parties every other month I think, so hoppefulkly I can make it to that one if we do it.

I'll try to take pictures of my costume :)

14. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    Yeah I was thinking that we should have more costume parties, a couple per year. We all work so very hard on them and don't get to show them off very much at all. Just a thought.

15. CuppaJoe

Aug 24, 2002
    Have fun at what would have been my second meeting....darn I was catching up, too...

16. CuppaJoe

Aug 24, 2002
    " Are you happy now? "

[face_plain]

17. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    Woo Hoo One day left!!

18. kddidit

kddidit Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 7, 2003
    CuppaJoe, sorry you can't make it. Speaking from parental perspective, it's a safety issue. I know it's frustrating for you. Would they feel more comfortable talking with and/or meeting a responsible adult who will also be attending this party? If you think that would help, I qualify on both counts and I'm home tonight. PM me for contact info. Do you have a digital camera so you could post your costume on the site if you can't make it?

Okay, what consumables do we need? Soda? Cups? Chips? Broccoli crowns and carrot sticks? Let me know!

Here's the idea for my costume:

http://devan1.tripod.com/Pics/Reblbase.jpg

Nothin' fancy. It's together except the helmet. Looking forward to seeing everybody!

19. Sith-Kazar

Sith-Kazar Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 24, 2002
    I can't come. It's not about the change in location either. My dad got in a car wreck, again. My parents wonder why I HATE driving. Well he's OK, but badly shooken up. We live out on FF, which is only two lanes and has large ditches on either side, and some guy decided to pass another car right on a curve. When they came around the curve my dad choose to go into the ditch rather then a head on. The jerk kept on driving while my dad was passed out on the side of the road. I don't know when my faimly will get a break. Anyways, next party I would like to help with decorations. I'm really amazing when it comes to that stuff. In fact, I usually just put up the decorations to the party then read in the corner until its time to clean up. But I thought this would be fun cause we all have a similar taste in movies. Oh well. See you next time! :D

20. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    *kddidit I'd say veggies i fyou want and grab some soda, Randy and I grabbed to 12 packs, but we'll need more. We're grabbing plates and snack mix too.

*Sith-Kazar I sympathize with you. Your life sounds like mine right now. I hope all goes well with the fam. And I won't forget you next decoraction time.

21. CuppaJoe

Aug 24, 2002
    No, I currently don't have a digital camera, kddidit. However I am planning on making scans of the photos after I get them taken.

22. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    Oh kddidit, I see your costume now. I was thinking you were doing a Leia-style rebel costume, the one from ROTJ. Can't wait to see it!

23. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Jedi_Commander_Faofa Jedi Master star 4

Mar 17, 2003
    Well, guys, I'm not going to be able to make it. I didn't think that I was going to be able to, I'm a realist. ;) Well, hope everything goes well, and May the Force be with you!

HAVE FUN!!!!

I'm gonna make it a priority to come to the next one. :D

24. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    **Previously posted on the yahoogroup**Well I have posted the pictures I took at the party (the good ones at
    least). Everyone feel free to post yours to the album as well. If
    possible keep them all in the same album for simplicity sake.

I hope everyone had a great time, I know I did. Be sure to thank Jon
    for the use of his home. We left his place in pretty good shape I
    hope, if not we may never get a return invitation.

We're planning the Holiday meeting soon so get your opinions in early
    so we don;t have a repeat of this meeting. I'm thinking something in
    IL, to please the east siders. I would like to have a date and place
    nailed down by mid-November.**End of Repeat**

Here is the link to the Yahoosite for those who haven't signed up for it yet or if you just want to see the pictures.
    Yahoo Group

Look forward to seeing you all at the next meeting.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.