main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Syra, NY Halloween Parade Liverpool Oct 29th Saturday

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by strawbary, Sep 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. strawbary

strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    Its that time of year again and we have been asked to participate in the Halloween parade this year in the Village of liverpool.

Date: Sat Oct 29th
    Time: 9:pm
    Where: Village Liverpool

we will need to line up at 8 pm for this parade. We are allowed to have a car or a float of some sort in the parade if we need or want one.

usually they have this in the morning so this time being at night they anticipate a big response all the way around. There is still a festival from 12 -9 pm parade is to follow. Prizes are awarded for costumes this year. YAY!

They have asked us to march and also volunteer for enbtertainment or ehatever else they may need. I meet with the event coordinator on wed for details on what they have in mind.

Is anyone up for this? If anyone needs crash space since its a later event let me know.

:)

2. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    I'm bumping this up since I am meeting with the parade committe today and would really like some "tentative" numbers to submit. We are supposed to go over what our involvement in the festival would entail......

Anyone up for this? I would really hate to pass up yet another event due to lack of interest.

strawbary

3. Karate-Jedi

Karate-Jedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 4, 2003
    I have booked the day off work so hopefully I will get it off. I will be wearing my new and improved mando armour. I will also bring some toy lightsabers that light up. They will be very kewl for the parade at night and I will aslo be bringing some Jedi props to put on the table. A couple of lightsabers, utility belt, that sort of thing.

4. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    Hey guys Im VERY excited! I met with the event coordinator today for the parade and you would not believe what they have offered us.

Lets just say this is a VERY good opportunity for us to not only help out and raise money for charity but for us to get alot of local exposure and perhaps get the club growing again
    :)

They are giving us a table for our group. At the table we have been asked to create a game people can participate in and win prizes they supply.
    We will be doing a photo op there they said they can provide a backdrop for us. This will be done for charity. So dust off your costumes and lets have some fun!

the parade is at night this year and they anticipate about 4,000 people for the one day. thats alot of people in the village.
    We have also been asked to provide a "featured" craft at the craft table if anyone has any ideas please let me know so I can start getting donations for supplies etc.

We will of course do a 50/50 raffle there and I have a ton of goodies and fun up my sleeve.:)

They said if we would like to provide some sort of entertainment to pick a time slot and they can accommadate us. So basically we can pretty much run with some ideas and have fun with this.

They are willing to work with us and help us with what we need providing we help as far as entertainment,volunteers,craft etc.
    Anyone up for this?

I already spoke with Ian, I called him afterwards like a spaz that I am ;)

I hope we can get a fair amount of costumed help since they are really excited to have us there :)

please post if u can go/what costume/ideas etc :)

5. Doc_Bev

Doc_Bev Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 28, 2003
    I think we already have something for Oct 29th, but I'm not sure what the times are. Hopefully, I'll be able to get more details soon and be able to fine tune my schedule. But, that's just me - feel free to post over on The Rebellion boards if you'd like to see if any of the other folks might be available and willing to make the 1.5 hour drive late at night.

~Doc_Bev

6. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    ok, now that I have calmed down... LOL

I am thinking we will need people for the following:

festival is from 12-9 parade from 9 - 10.

So........

we need people to man the table
    Someone to take pics for charity
    someone to follow the costumed help
    and of course costumed help :)

if anyone would like to sign up for anything or a specific table/activity please post what hours you can work and where. :)

Muchos tankies!!!!!![face_pumpkin]

7. Drogon

Drogon Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 13, 2003
    I'm not a person who commits to things too far ahead of time. However, its possible I and one or more of my group may be able to make it to this, at least for a while. If we do, my guess is the parade would be part of what we do.

More input from the other members of my family is welcome.

8. Karate-Jedi

Feb 4, 2003
    I have the day off work. I got approval today so..........YES ......I WILL BE THERE!!!.

As I said I can bring stuff for the prop table and I am up for anything. I don't know if I will be stopping the night but if I do........

........KARL WHERE ARE YOU!!!! A party is in order. Get your butt up here.

I haven't seen you or Vicky since C3, we have to get together.

I will; be probable walking around the event looking mean and scaring kids but, I will need a squire to help me sort out my armour when I get into it.

Any takers?????

9. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    Chris can be your squire ;) no worries there.
    I called Karl and he is going to try to come up.

U both are welcome to crash at my place no worries there either :)

Would be nice to have us all get together again.. oh the havoc we could wreak in the village ;)

10. DarthArjuna

DarthArjuna Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 14, 2002
    I assume you mean 8 AM? Or is that a bad assumption?

Either way, I'm interested. Can probably get the Saturday off for it too.

11. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    This is 8 PM for this parade. It is an EVENING parade. The event is fropm 12 -9 pm and the parade will follow directly after from 9 - 10 PM :)

12. beezel26

beezel26 Jedi Master star 7

May 11, 2003
    Does someone need a parade wrangler. I can go. I got experience. I got four parades under my belt and five I have been apart of.

and we missed you vicky.

13. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    ok, up'ing this since its a couple of weeks away we still need volunteers for the table and activities. Anyone have any friends they would like to have help? We have a few shirts left they can wear... :)

14. Doc_Bev

Doc_Bev Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 28, 2003
    As far as I know we're still busy on the 29th, but as I said - feel free to post over on The Rebellion boards if you'd like to see if anyone else could come out.

~Doc_Bev

15. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    yeh it would have been great to have you guys attend.
    I will post over there now, I highly doubt anyone would come to our tiny little event when they can go to yours ;) LOL

Thanks for the offer Nicky :)

16. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    just up'ing this since we need everyone to start signing up for stations and times they can work....

We will need a craft area person from 2-3 pm
    we also need face painters and someone to work the table all day. please specify what times you can help for those :)

Thanks!!!

Main Table - Strawbary 12-2 pm

Ian Anytime all day

17. T_StarFlyer

T_StarFlyer Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 2, 2004
    Unfortunatley, My Wife & I can't make it , we were intending to, but something came up that we can't get out of. Bummer I was looking forward to hanging out with you guys again.

18. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    I hope we dont have to back out of yet another event this year *sighs*

Can anyone going please post their time slots?

Thanks

19. Karate-Jedi

Feb 4, 2003
    I will be there all day so, I can sit at the table (well, more like stand because it's hard to sit in a mandalorian costume.)

20. T_StarFlyer

T_StarFlyer Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 2, 2004
    Hey we have a stelth trooper that can sit in his armor.=D=

21. TD-027

TD-027 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 27, 2004
    Hi Vicky,
    As expected our closing date came through on our house. And we will be moving on the 29th and 30th of October. Sorry- I wish I could help..

Duane

22. RogueSquadronWingnut

RogueSquadronWingnut Jedi Master star 4

Apr 7, 2002
    I'm out as well unfortunately as I had promised to help TD move once he closed.
    I hope it turns out well for all of you!

23. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    thats ok I know how it is closing on your house ... its a pain in the hiney and also an exciting time :) Good Luck!!!!!

24. DarthArjuna

DarthArjuna Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 14, 2002
    Don't know if I said it here, but I'll be there all day.

25. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    Thanks Andy do u know what time or shift you would be able to help out? the event is from 12 pm to 10 pm :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.