main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rocky M, NC Halloween Party ideas....

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by JediRiff, Oct 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediRiff

JediRiff Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 2, 2002
    Ok, folks. We need to start getting some ideas for decorations for Fettfans house. Any ideas would be welcome, and Joe-da.... didnt you say you had a fog machine?

By the way, THIS IS A COSTUME PARTY! You have been forewarned, and there will most likely be a large crowd there. Lady Fett said she was inviting a bunch of her friends over as well, so there should be fun for all! I plan on having a hangover on Sunday. :D

Folks, I really want your input for some ideas here, though. We really should do this in Outlander style, and make this look like a real HALLOWEEN party. Anyone have decorations we could use already, perhaps? Or anyone have any great ideas? Or know where we could get something really cool to add to the spookiness?? Post it here, and let us know!

2. joe-da

joe-da Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 7, 2002
    Yes, I said I had a fog machine... but I only said it to make myself feel important...

Actually, me does have one. If y'all want to use it, me'll bring it.

3. JediRiff

Jun 2, 2002
    Is it indoor and outdoor? How big an area will it fog up? More details on it, please, and yes bring it that FRIDAY night, if possible. So we can get stuff set up some then, and some Saturday morning/afternoon.

4. joe-da

Aug 7, 2002
    It's for indoor/covered outdoor use...

5. Entropy

Entropy Jedi Padawan star 4

May 30, 2002
    I've got a lightening ball and a fake skull that I can lend out. For entertainment, I've also got several holloween themed CD's (both contemporary and classic) and some old b-moive horrors. Does anyone have a black light or any other odd lighting effects? I'm also pretty sure that I've got some kind of laughing jack-o-lantern somewhere. I'll try to look around to see what else might be a the house this weekend. Is there anything in particular that you are wanting?

6. joe-da

Aug 7, 2002
    Me got black light bulbs, plus my portable... but that has to be mounted or somesuch. But the bulbs might come in handy...

StageFrightz is prepared... to scare...

7. JediRiff

Jun 2, 2002
    Black light bulbs are a must. Can you guys check and see how many you have, and make sure they work? I was also considering buying a string of black lights, too. And maybe a strobe light, so we can make everyone sick, hehehe.... I just want to get an inventory of what we have, so we can know what we need to start getting a list for...

8. joe-da

Aug 7, 2002
    I've got two black light bulbs... and of course they work... they're part of the StageFrightz arsenal. StageFrightz screams quality... (OK, I'll doublecheck...)

Is there a need for "bondage He-Man", the "The Barrows Man" movie prop? We could have a plaque made stating: "TO BE FEATURED IN THE UPCOMING MOTION PICTURE - "THE BARROWS MAN".... or not.

9. JediRiff

Jun 2, 2002
    um...no.

And what size are the blacklight bulbs? Do they fit in a regular light fixture? And if you have two, we will still need to buy some.

10. Entropy

May 30, 2002
    Just so you know, regular blacklight lightbulbs aren't UV like floresent blacklights are. Not sure exactly what the difference is in effect, though. Joe, any idea about this? Also, one of my co-workers came in today with a dead flower (a daisy I think). It looked pretty cool, and I'm having her check to see if she can find more. I figured it would make a nice flower arrangement (man that sounds gay).

Some other decoration ideas: We could also do the dry ice in a caldron thing (if anyone has a caldron and knows where we can get some dry ice). If Fett has some trees on the property we can hang small glow sticks from them or use hellium balloons for spooky lights in the sky.

As for activities, I'm not sure what people would be interested in but pumpkin carving contests, ghost stories, apple bobbing, costume contests, and a bon-fire are all traditional Halloween Party activities.

PS - if Joe gets to bring bondage He-Man, I'm bringing Meme.

11. eddie-wan-kenobi

eddie-wan-kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 14, 2003
    Maybe you guys can sacrifice a virgin. Fetts layout is PERFECT for that. :D

12. Lodreh

Lodreh Jedi Master star 4

Jul 2, 2002
    I'm all for deflowering a virgin... otherwise why waste a virgin ? :D

Lod-Reh SaJon ~
    "If you seek knowledge and understanding look to the Force.
    If you seek pain and suffering look no further than me."

13. Entropy

May 30, 2002
    Seriously now Eddie, if we found a virgin, do you think she would stay one long enough to sacrifice? How long have you known these guys now? :)

Edit: See, I couldn't even type it fast enough to get the comment in before Holder starts up.

14. Mordtat

Mordtat Jedi Master star 3

Apr 20, 2004
    Hey if Andre goes can we lynch him in the cotton field beside a burning cross? If not, it?s cool we can always burn Hawthor for being a witch. I mean if you?re going to be a witch, you should at least have the common decency to be a sexy witch. Wouldn't you all agree?

15. Lodreh

Lodreh Jedi Master star 4

Jul 2, 2002
    Damn straight... "Maybe if we get him drunk... very drunk... at least you've got a shot."

Lod-Reh SaJon ~
    "If you seek knowledge and understanding look to the Force.
    If you seek pain and suffering look no further than me."

16. eddie-wan-kenobi

eddie-wan-kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 14, 2003
  17. joe-da

Aug 7, 2002
    I got a strobe light tonight. It's not a huge strobe light, but you can use color filters if so desired.

18. JediRiff

Jun 2, 2002
    Cool! We will have to test it out at Fetts next weekend. Be sure to bring it. It would probably be a good idea to bring your fog machine, too, so we can test that out, and see how well it does.

I picked up a tombstone that shakes and makes all kinds of spooky noises, and 4 black light bulbs. You can get them from the Roanoke Rapids Wal-Mart for $1.23, if a few other folks could pick up a few, so we can have enough for the areas we want to blacklight.

19. Kaiser_Fisto

Kaiser_Fisto Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 10, 2004
    LadyFett's friends, huh? Hmmm...
    This could be good.

20. JediRiff

Jun 2, 2002
    Ok, folks, we need to get a running list of what we already have, that we can bring to the party as decorations, and a list of things we need..... more input from some other folks, please!

21. SOLORULES

SOLORULES Jedi Youngling

Oct 19, 2004
    If you need it for anything i can bring the tv no word yet on tna but im working on that I a m in college after all and rocky mount girls are easy.

22. JediRiff

Jun 2, 2002
    /groan

I was referring to DECORATIONS!

23. joe-da

Aug 7, 2002
    So is he!!!

24. Kaiser_Fisto

Kaiser_Fisto Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 10, 2004
    Aside from decorations, I would assume that there's going to be an insane amount of alcoholic beverages, right? I can definately help you out with that. If anyone wants anything special, PM me and I will hook a brotha up.
    Now, back to decorations.
    Fett's house seems scary enough, with the surrounding trees and that scary field nearby. It's a good Resident Evil kind of place.
    The Fog machine is cool, and maybe if we actually had some guy or girl or guys or girls in some zombie get ups it would be nifty.
    Oh, or how about some weird looking drink that's made up of suedo eyeballs and stuff?
    Some high school festivals have things like that, and even some haunted houses have a "creepy cafeteria" where there's creepy looking baked goods and eateries.

25. joe-da

Aug 7, 2002
    Scary field???

Yeah, cotton always gives me chills...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.