main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

W.VA Halloween Party?

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by -Fettish-, Sep 30, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. -Fettish-

-Fettish- Jedi Youngling star 3

May 7, 2003
    I think we should have a little Halloween party. Everyone could get some sort of costume together and bring some munchies and we could hang out... I don't think we should make it strictly Star Wars costuming, as such outfits are hard to come up with on short notice. Whaddya all think? I'm willing to take over most of the planning, if someone else can provide/come up with a suitable location. My house is entirely too small and hard to find...

-Fettish

2. Master_Wolf

Master_Wolf Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 11, 2002
    Ahh...any kinda costume we want eh? Wonder if that Halloween shop still has those Gollum loinclothes....

:D

3. -Fettish-

May 7, 2003
    Gollum is NOT invited to the party, in any way, shape, or form...

-Fettish

4. Dotanis

Dotanis Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 10, 2002
    Precious loincloth must haves it I musts.... filthy tricksy hobbits

5. -Fettish-

May 7, 2003
    ..............dear God. Maybe a Halloween party isn't such a good idea.... :(

-Fettish

6. Dotanis

Nov 10, 2002
    Oh Cheer up fettish =)

7. -Fettish-

May 7, 2003
    Well frankly, seeing as how we don't even have meetings anymore, I doubt there will be much enthusiasm for a Halloween party. Perhaps I should just forget it......all of it.

-Fettish

8. Darth_Raptor

Darth_Raptor Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 21, 2002
    Fettish,

First, I would suggest that you collect your thoughts and PM our CSR Ithorian with them.

Now I know that we have not had that many meetings lately. I probably feel more like it than anyone due to the fact that family and work issues have kept me from the last 2 meetings. However, summertime is a hard time to keep a regular schedule going, with vacations, general travel, and I know where I work, seems alot of large projects hit around that time as well. However, I do agree that if atleast two people can get together than it is important that we continue atleast the regular-scheduled meetings that we had come up with. I see that we have not done this very well over the summer and I too will contact Ithorian with my concerns about it.

I guess what I am trying to say is if you are unhappy about the lack of WVFF meetings, then there are two ways you could deal with that. PM Ithorian, or call us, etc. and lets get as many of us together as possible to try to resolve the issue. This is the approach that I am going to try and take. Or the second way is to, as you have suggest, forget about all of it.

The reason I am writing this right now is because I like every memeber of this fanforce and would bend over backwards to keep any of you as a memeber! Fettish, I think you are a great asset to our chapter and would hate to see you go. But if you feel very strong about your decision, even after my plea (this post) then I wish you well on your travels, I will miss you.

TO THE ENTIRE WVFF:

Want to see more activity in our chapter? Then you can help make it happen! Just because Ithorian is our CR, he alone should not have to make up meetings and events, etc. Just like Fettish came up with this party idea, I think it's great! As far as I am concerned this group is majority rules, and thus dosent need one person's blessing to do something fun! (You can slap me now Ithorian LOL) I may be overstepping my bounds here, since I'm not the CR, so just take this as my $.02

Want more activity on these boards? Post more. I think this applies to everyone here. We are all guilty. Make a post about a movie, or a new SW toy, or a SW costume your thinking about making, or a SW video game, etc. I know these are all things we have no problem discussing when we meet face to face, so let's try and do it here too!.

Use the tools that we have to use! We had our own internet chatroom, that after months of logging into every evening and never seeing a soul, I allowed to expire. It's gone now due to lack of use. I would be happy to bring it back, but only if we use it! Our website allows you to submit stories for posting on the main page, so if you have something that you want to see on it, use the tools on the website to submit the story.

I guess what all this long post is trying to say is if you are unhappy, then change can start with you! If you sit around, always waiting for someone else to make a change, suggestion, etc. then nothing may happen. If we all felt like that, then none of use would make a move for change, and we would all just sit around and grumble about how unhappy we are. Not very productive IMHO. I personally am guilty of everything I have stated here, and these are all thing I knew I had to work on, so I thought I would share.

We are a small group, so it takes more effort on everyone's part to be sucessful. Well, I have gone on long enough, feel free to flame me or whatever.

Back on topic, as I said before, I think this party is a really good idea! Any ideas where to have it? I will talk with Liz and see about my place. I know that actual weekend of Halloween is best for me. I have been thinking of costume ideas, but nothing that could be done in time. Anyway, would still like to get together. Want to make it a covered dish thing? Post your ideas!

Rap

9. -Fettish-

May 7, 2003
    Hrrrmmm........... You're a brave man to lecture a bounty hunter.... LOL! :)

Awww come on, I didn't mean to be so nasty. I guess I was just in a crabby mood when I posted.

But it's not like I haven't tried to suggest activities. I thought the Halloween party would get everyone excited about the club again...

I was just trying to be helpful....

-Fettish :(

10. Ithorian

Ithorian Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 13, 2000
    Halloween party. . . good. :D

And I wholeheartedly agree with the sentiments DR has put forward here. My title as Chapter Representative is mostly to help try and administrate the chapter, sort out conflicts with members, etc. If you're having issues, please PM, IM, or e-mail me with your concerns.

That said, don't wait on me to try and plan activities. We're small right now, so activities can be planned by anyone, not just me. Remember, this is YOUR FanForce as much as it is mine. This isn't "Ithorian's Haven," and as a wise woman once said, "I AM NOT A COMMITTEE!"

This chapter is whatever you guys want to make it. Frustrated that we haven't had a meeting in a while? So am I, to be perfectly honest. Work has me in a tizzy right now, but I still get every other weekend off. PM me! IM me! E-mail me! Make me get off my butt! :p Meetings I can do. Events and such can be planned by anyone. So take the initiative! If you see something cool to do, suggest it! Rally the troops!

11. -Fettish-

May 7, 2003
    Cool. Like I said, I'm sorry for sounding pissy. I was just frustrated and in a bad mood. My apologies. Anyway, I really wanna do a Halloween party. And as I said before I would be happy to do most of the planning if someone else can think of a location.

-Fettish :)

12. Master_Wolf

Dec 11, 2002
    Wellllll......

Personally, I would love to do something for Halloween. If perhaps we can do something at DR's place, maybe we can rent some scary movies and watch a few. I believe I know someone in the group that finds a character in Two Towers terrifying. =P

As to costumes, money being what it is right now, I doubt I could come dressed up as much anything, though if everyone would like to go that route, I can be quite creative. =)

The weekend of Halloween should be good for me. What do ya say folks?

BTW: Well put speech Raptor. Definately addressed some of the things I myself have been concerned about, and am guilty of as much as anyone. But let me just say, even when we arent especially active, I am glad to be a part of this group. I feel that the times we HAVE been active, a lot of fun has been had by all. And I believe that we will very likely be able to find more events and activities that we can enjoy in the future. The event coming up in December for instance? Anyways, I am proud to call you guys friends. =)

13. -Fettish-

May 7, 2003
    I'm glad nobody got too terribly angry with me for being so pissy. Now I know why I was in such a crabby mood - I was coming down with a cold. I am very sick now, gagging and coughing my head off.

BTW: There are actually two things in The Two Towers that scare me.... First is Gollum, and only one of you knows what the second is... ;)

And as far as costuming goes, if you don't wanna dress up - don't. Nobody's gonna fuss. And if you have trouble coming up with a Star Wars costume for whatever reason, then dress as something else. Personally, I plan on using my old faithful witch costume that has been around the block a few times...

-Fettish aka "Sickly"

14. Darth_Raptor

Oct 21, 2002
    Weekend of Halloween is the best for me as well. We can have it at my place on that weekend too :) I would suggest bringing any snacks etc. that you like. Any more ideas?

Rap

15. Darth_Raptor

Oct 21, 2002
    Are we doing this? I need to let the wife know for sure if everyone / anyone is going to be comming to the house Halloween weekend. Thanks.

16. Dotanis

Nov 10, 2002
    sounds good to me =)
    -w00t 15th post!

-Dot

17. -Fettish-

May 7, 2003
    What we need to do is get a head count of how many are coming. So, post and let us know your intentions...

-Fettish :)

18. Master_Wolf

Dec 11, 2002
    Count me there!

Anything I should bring in particular?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.