Halloween Party!

Discussion in 'Evansville, IN' started by jediravenclaw, Sep 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jediravenclaw Jedi Master

star 3
    Meghan and I have a nice big and pretty room reserved on campus Oct 27th from 5 pm - 11:30 pm for our Halloween Party :) . Granted, that does not mean that we need to start at 5, but it is an option.

We have to get some paperwork done when it comes to "inviting" people both on and off campus...also to allow food - but this will be taken care of very soon.

When you come on campus from Lincoln, There is a large oval garden/yard thing that the main drive goes around. On the right side is a building called the "McCurdy Alumni Memorial Union Building" (Union for short...there is a sign). You can park anywhere along the side of the drive around the big oval. Go into Union Building (up the main entrance...not hard to miss!), immediatly turn right, and there will be a big room streight ahead with loads of couches, floor room, etc.

...for those of you who go to / know UE, it's the B.S. room in Union...

After reading my own directions, I will bring maps or something for people at the next meeting because this is kind of confusing ;) .

The party will be open to the on-campus star wars club, as well as to the E'ville Jedi fanforce. Also, as the Quidditch club on campus is playing the father figure to the on-campus star wars club (and we kind of reserved the room half under their name...I'm their VP) I would probably expect a few of them to show up too...but that's ok, they are fun people ^_^.

Other than that, we will make it a closed party. It should be a lot of fun! Any thoughts? questions?

EDIT:

Oh, and this IS a dry campus, so no alcohol at all whatsoever. Else I get expelled...and prolly Meghan too ;)
  2. Stackpole_The_Hobbit Force Ghost

star 6
    Besides, might as well have it as geek club yeah? :p
  3. jediravenclaw Jedi Master

star 3

well...Quidditch Club kinda has to be invited as we DID request the room partially under their name/sponser ;)

but it'll be a star wars themed thing. People can have more than one fandom ;)
  4. Stackpole_The_Hobbit Force Ghost

star 6
    well let's be fair, the majority of one fandom likes parts of other fandoms - I can't count how many of you lot like BSG or B5 or ST or OMG or WTH or TTFN or DBAMTSCWDYJITH or Marky Mark.

Sorry, got a little off track there.
  5. Darth_TKD Jedi Master

star 3
    I know what you mean, Stacky--Adam's just obsessed with Marky Mark. Everytime I confront him with this odd preoccupation of his, he always says the same thing: "I have to love Marky Mark: he's dreamy."

:D
  6. WedgesOtherNephew Jedi Master

star 4
    Everybody knows we are all one funky bunch!!
  7. GeekGoddess Jedi Master

star 4
    *groans, rolls eyes, and shakes head*
  8. Mr_Self_Destrukt Jedi Knight

star 3
  9. jediravenclaw Jedi Master

star 3
    ok guys...tell me here what you want to do at the party!

We are going to bypass Sedexho somehow and plan on this being somewhat potluck by the way. Nothing fancy as it will start at 6 (aka, we'll eat dinner beforehand) just chips, pop, etc.

bonus points for pie or puppy chow.

As for activities, this'll be as garbed...er...costumed event as possible. They'll probably be an award for best dressed.

Also, a trivia game was discussed at the meeting. Sounds like fun to me! I have a friend who will want to help come up with question, and if any of you want to too, let me know. only thing is that if you help with questions, that pretty much bars you from competing.
    (We talked about doing this on teams, btw).

Can anyone think of anything else? We'll brainstorm here at our next meeting too!
    (just please...nothing that will get me or meghan expelled)

...I think Nathan said something about shaving Stacky's head? :D
  10. Stackpole_The_Hobbit Force Ghost

star 6
    I believe it was something like the winner gets to shave something (nothing obscene or TOO ridiculous) into my head, and I'll wear it that way for a few days :p

I say nothing obscene or too ridiculous because I'll probably have to work at some point this weekend so ... yar :p

Honestly, if we want to do a mohawk variety, I'm ok with that, if it's straight shaving, I'm ok with that, if it's a football, I'm wary of that, and if it's words, go **** yourself :p

I'm perfectly willing to offer this as a serious thing :p

I may have to be drunk though :p
  11. jediravenclaw Jedi Master

star 3
    heh...no being drunk on campus, stacky....we'll get grilled whether you got drunk on or off campus ;)

hmm, maybe that will be the prize for thr fanforce team if it wins. We can shave your head elsewhere of you need to be drunk ^_^
    ...actually lets just not do that at the party ;)
  12. Stackpole_The_Hobbit Force Ghost

star 6
    Yeah, I rapidly find myself not wanting to do the shavey heady thing :p
  13. GeekGoddess Jedi Master

star 4
    Darn, I'd pay good money to see pictures of that! ;)
  14. jediravenclaw Jedi Master

star 3
    ok, well ASIDE from the shavy head thing...throw ideas at me people!! :D

...or else be stuck with what we plan here at UE and no complaining ;)
    (we are not afraid of Duck Duck Goose :p )
  15. Stackpole_The_Hobbit Force Ghost

star 6
    Can it be dewback dewback bantha? :p

EDIT: you know, just in case people thought we weren't lame enough :p

EDIT2: and just in case someone was considering NOT beating us up and taking our milk money :p
  16. jediravenclaw Jedi Master

star 3
    ....if you want stacky, we can make it that....
    *pats stacky on the head*
  17. Aethra Jedi Padawan

I thought we were doing trivia and scenes.

By the way, this another UofE student.
  18. jediravenclaw Jedi Master

star 3
    Erin, my dear!

Yes, that is on the list of things to do...you beat me to the boards :D

(I'm going to take care of the trivia so that all others can participate. If you don't want to be quizzed and would rather help make it all up, please let me know!)

The idea was also raised to "re enact" scenes from the movie. You know, like the one in episode II with the trampoline ;)

thoughts? queries? concerns?
  19. Stackpole_The_Hobbit Force Ghost

star 6
    lol trampoline :p

By act out, you don't mean like they did on that Triumph the Puppet segment from the Conan show? Please? :p

Because I am NOT mime-swimming :p
  20. JediMasterJaina FF President/CR Evansville, IN

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    The only way to bypass Sodexho is to 'donate' everything. That means that yes, potluck is fine so long as no one is reimbursed for their food. Once you pay ppl back for the food, the Sodexho gets testy. We've had to deal with this a lot in my frat, so I know the ways to bypass campus stuff.

21. Stackpole_The_Hobbit Force Ghost

star 6
    So basically, sodexHO believe they have a monopoly on food on the campus, and if anyone else ... you know what? bugger them, potluck's better anyway :p
  22. jediravenclaw Jedi Master

star 3
    thats the way of thinking right now. And by that also, if we get pestered too much, we'll buy some chips. or something. (that's the cheapest).
  23. Aethra Jedi Padawan

You can just ask them for a price list, which they will never get back to you about. Thats the simplist way to avoid the high prices.

So what kind of dishes do you want brought?
  24. HoosierTrooper Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    I like that... [face_devil]
  25. jediravenclaw Jedi Master

star 3

lol...thats how almost all the clubs get around it. In fact, I think Meghan did that last night...at least she said she was going to... *shrug*

as for what kind of food...let just say snacky stuff (this'll be an after dinner thing so that it makes everyone's lives easier). Like chips, cookies, pop, PEEPS, etc etc.

Or pie. let me know if anyone wants to bring pie. ^_^ You'd be automatically awesome and endeared to everyone, but I'd have to know so that we can get plates and forks and stuff...then maybe write it off on Quidditch Club budget, eh Aethra?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.