Halloween Plans?

Discussion in 'Nashville, TN' started by JediToren, Oct 4, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediToren Jedi Master

star 4
    Any of you folks have plans for Halloween? I was thinking we could all get togethor as a Fan Force, maybe go to a haunted house or something and watch the Episode I DVD.
  2. Elan-Rai RSA Emeritus

star 4
    We went to a great haunted house last year up in Hendersonville. It took us 30-45 minutes to go through the whole thing! It was probably the best I've been to in a LONG time. If anyone is interested, we can make plans to go sometime.
  3. JediToren Jedi Master

star 4
    Yeah that sounds like a good idea. Plus we can watch the Episode I DVD and even KnightQuest if we want coz it will be out by then and I can put it on VHS, miniDV, or VCD.
  4. JediToren Jedi Master

star 4
    So what is the plan? When and where do we want to get togethor and what do we want to do. It sounds like we should some of the following (not necessarily in that order)
    1) Go to this kickass haunted house that Jay is talkng about.
    2) Watch KnightQuest
    3) Watch the Episode I DVD
    4) Buy a webhost account with GNX Online.
    5) Watch StarWoids if anyone has it on DVD or VHS.
  5. Elan-Rai RSA Emeritus

star 4
    I'd be for doing most any of this, but we need to select a day everyone can do it. Any suggestions? Halloween actually falls on a Wednesday, right? If so, I know Hama is off work that night. Worst case scenario for me would be that I have to work until 8pm or so. We could do something afterwards. ;)
  6. JediToren Jedi Master

star 4
    Wednesday is also the best day for me as well. I have class from 1-4 and that's it. Wherever we meet we need to make sure there is an Internet connection so we can order our web hosting, and if we want to watch Ep1 DVD obviously a DVD player is needed and enough room for everyone to watch.
  7. Elan-Rai RSA Emeritus

star 4
    As far as ordering the internet service, that could be done at Gateway where I work. Watching the DVD might be cumbersome due to time constraints if I have to work a night shift. I'd be up for everyone meeting me at work, ordering the service (of course we need money for this), go out to eat, then maybe hit up the haunted house.

I am up for input on this. ;)

We need to have a meeting before this though.

EDIT: JediToren, I take it your computer is still up and runnin'?
  8. JediToren Jedi Master

star 4
    Sounds good Jay. As far as my computer, it's sort of up and running. Both hard drives are detected now, but neither my CD-RW or DVD-ROM will show up anymore, and the PC speaker makes some rather insteresting squeeling noises (different from the screetching noises I mentioned earlier on ICQ). Oh well, I wanted a new mobo anyway.
  9. Steja_Palex Jedi Master

star 4
    I, of course, won't be able to join you guys on that Wednesday. So, just let me know what the fees for the website are, and I send you my part. Hope everyone's having a great weekend.
  10. JediToren Jedi Master

star 4
    According to the Website, please read ASAP!! thread, there are 6 people who are already in for paying for the website:
    JediToren (Me)
    Elan Rai
    k kanos
    Hama-Ryu Kinnebi
    Steja_Palex
    padmeamidala55

The fee is $59.50 per year, so if we pay that all at once, it's $9.91 per person, and as membership increases the fee is reduced.
  11. Elan-Rai RSA Emeritus

star 4
    Well, Tracy (penzargrat) may very well be interested in putting the site up. Penzar, you out there? You up for the site?

Also, I say members that pay their dues for the site gain extra privileges. As our membership grows and we gather momentum meeting more "powerful" people, paying members can get discounted passes to shows, etc.

Ok, enough rant on my behalf. :D
  12. JediToren Jedi Master

star 4
    Does Penzar have a server or something. Keep in mind this needs to support ASP3.0 and the CDO email component (though we could always switch to another component of this isn't a Win2k box we are hosting on)
  13. Elan-Rai RSA Emeritus

star 4
    OK, I probably said that wrong. I meant to say that Penzar might be interested in pitching in on the site. My bad.
  14. JediToren Jedi Master

star 4
    AH, now that makes sense.
    EDIT: Jay do u have any info on this haunted house. I checked out CitySearch and I found these haunted places in and around Hendersonville.

-Death Valley Haunted Woods
    -Death Row - The Haunted Prison (Formerlly known as the Prison for the Criminally Insane)
    -Slaughterhouse 2000
  15. Hama Retired GSA, Retired RSA

star 6
    I think Slaughterhouse is at 5th and Peabody downtown, and the Haunted Prison is near the Metro Police South Station on Harding Place. The other one might be the Hendersonville one Jay was talking about.
  16. JediToren Jedi Master

star 4
    I read some reviews of these haunted houses and supposedly Slaughterhouse 2000 is way lame, the Haunted Prison is awesome, and Forest, which is out in Hendersonville, is really good and really long.
  17. Elan-Rai RSA Emeritus

star 4
    Yeah, the one I was referring to is the Haunted Woods. 'Tis an AWESOME walkthrough to say the least!
  18. JediToren Jedi Master

star 4
    So Jay when will you know what your work schedule is on Wedsday/Thursday?
  19. Elan-Rai RSA Emeritus

star 4
    Well, I work a closing shift on Wednesday, so I should be off by 8:15 or so.
  20. JediToren Jedi Master

star 4
    So we meet at your work like around 8:15? Can you post some directions and/or address?
  21. Elan-Rai RSA Emeritus

star 4
    65 South
    Exit 69 East
    Left onto Westgate Circle at 2nd Stop light

Let me run this by everyone else to make sure this is what we all want to do. Input anyone?
  22. Hama Retired GSA, Retired RSA

star 6
    Sounds good. We are still talking about a week from Wednesday (Halloween night), correct?
  23. JediToren Jedi Master

star 4
    yeup, wednesday is when we meet.
  24. Elan-Rai RSA Emeritus

star 4
    Also, the Haunted Woods in Millersville is closed this year. The Haunted Prison is pretty awesome though.
  25. Hama Retired GSA, Retired RSA

star 6
    All right. Let's plan on going there, then.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.