Halloween Private Candle Vigils for Chanel

Discussion in 'San Francisco, CA' started by Jedi_Tenken, Oct 29, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Tenken Force Ghost

star 4
    Hey all I just remember something important about Chanel and something someone else confirmed for Halloween. I believe that Chanel was wiccan who believed in magic, astrology, natural powers, and things like that. I was just thinking that first off Chanel would want everyone to go out and do whatever they had planned for Halloween and in costume, because she loved costumes.

Also as a symbol of spirit during the day or night if people could just light a candle in honor and rememberance of Chanel during the day of Halloween. Considering that Halloween is a spiritual thing for wiccan culture I hear and it's suppose to be a day where the vail between the living and the dead is thinner. Chanel would definetly get our love and support clearer come this October 31st, friday. Thanks all! :)
  2. Keiran_Horn Jedi Master

star 4
    Sounds very appropriate to me, will do. [face_plain]
  3. Jazmachine Jedi Knight

star 2
    I really like this idea. I'm definately gonna do this on friday
  4. DarthVader79 San Francisco FF Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 4
  5. Stina-Cri Jedi Master

star 4
    I actually am wiccan and planned to incorporate her into my ritual that day anyway.
    I read on her website that she was wiccan
  6. TionneHawk Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I am also Wiccan and will definitely include her into my own Halloween ceremony. It's too bad we are all so far away otherwise we could all gather together and have one large ritual.
  7. Rogue6 Force Ghost

star 2
    We're light'n one up for her too.
  8. Obi1kenny Jedi Knight

star 1
    A large number of us will be at the Vegas Comic Con and will be celebrating Chenel?s life and remembering her in many ways. From arm-bands to badges and pictures. As far as the 501st, Rebel Legion and other groups go, we are dedicating this Con the Chenel. As we were all looking forward to her being there and sharing in the fun. It will not be the same without her and there are sure to be many stories told and passed between friends about her. I few have a candle we will light it, in fact I might just take one for the table.

As from the looks of it, if the service is on Sunday then most of us going to Vegas will miss it, and that is very very sad. As I know Chenel would want us to be out in costume living it up and having fun at the convention. But if there is anyway I can make the service then I will. Matt and Dale, I take it you will be skipping Vegas in lue of the events and timing of everything, you will be missed my friends.

I would also like to relay a story I was passed to by my friend Brain. Brian had recently spent some time with Chenel on a trip they took to go see a John Williams concert in So-cal.

He told me that some time along the trip they got into a conversation about death and if they were to die. Chenel said something to the effect that if she were to die that she would want everyone to get together and have a huge party. Where everyone was dancing and have a lot of fun. And I take it that she would want everyone to party in remembrance of her and her life and friendships, all the good times.

Now I don?t know if Brian has told anyone else this or even if he wanted me too, but I thought it was a great story and wanted to share. Thanks, Ken
  9. JedHead1 Force Ghost

star 5
    Whatever your beliefs are, remember Chanel tonight. She was planning on dressing up as Selene from "Underworld". Have fun for her, take pictures for her, and know that she'll be having fun tonight with all of us. Be safe out there. We'll see ya tonight, Chanel!
  10. Jazmachine Jedi Knight

star 2
    I most certainly will Matt. I'm dedicating my performance tonight to Chanel and her family.
  11. AgenKedar Jedi Knight

star 1
    Tonight I will light a yarzeit candle before the sun sets. Then I will be hanging out with my San Diego SW Society friends. Chanel had lots of love for us here in San Diego. And she will be greatly missed. To mourn... is to be human. It becomes a part of the healing process. May the FORCE be with you all... always. Shalom aleikhem (peace be upon you), Chanel.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.