Halloween Special:What is your favorite horror novel?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Matthew Trias, Oct 13, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Matthew Trias Chosen One

star 6
  2. Isbeth Force Ghost

star 4
    The Blood Countess by Andrei Codrescu. Scarey part is, it is based on a real
    person
    ! Most disgusting book I ever read. I don't normally like horror. But this one had Johannes Kepler in it.
  3. Isbeth Force Ghost

star 4
  4. _Tenel_Ka_ Jedi Master

star 4
    i liked "The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon" by Stephen King, not incredibly scary and a little slow, but original.
  5. III_Vir_RPC Jedi Knight

star 1
    A tie, between The Exorcist---superior in all fashions to the film---and the inestimable classic, Dracula.

Both stories involve an unspeakable evil---not merely mortal destruction, but a threat to the very souls of the victims, Reagan and Wilhelmina Harker née Murray. And both include endings which actually give hope for the future of the human race.
  6. Matthew Trias Chosen One

star 6
  7. JediSilverstar Jedi Master

star 1
    My favorite is actually a short story by Stephen King called "The Raft" It's about these four college kids who take a trip to a shut down resort lake in October to say good bye to summer. They one by one get eaten by some sort of black blob. Lots of sex and nudity and struck a chord with me because I went to my girlfriend's house on a lake a few weeks later and was afraid to swim out to the raft in the middle.

8. Matthew Trias Chosen One

star 6
  9. DarthIshtar Chosen One

star 9
    mine is also a short story--The Mist by Stephen King.

But if you want to get nit-picky, Psycho by Robert Bloch.

And my favorite work of horror is "In Pursuit of Pure Horror"--a 6-way discussion of what exactly terrifies the human race and why. It was inspiring! (I read it while taking a course in writing Horror fiction)
  10. RingoJuna Jedi Knight

star 3
    hey Silverstar, The Raft was made into a film as part of Creepshow 2. Just figured i'd pass that along to you. Anybody else have some horror film questions answered? I'll try and answer them to the best of my ability and knowledge.
  11. Matthew Trias Chosen One

star 6
  12. Jedi-Corleone Jedi Youngling

star 4
  13. Matthew Trias Chosen One

star 6
  14. Matthew Trias Chosen One

star 6
    What?Not many horror fans on this forum?C'mon.
  15. corran_rouge9 Jedi Knight

star 2
    Page 457 of SbS, without a doubt.
  16. NarundiJedi Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Whoa! I remember reading The Raft! My dad let me read it when I was about 11 or something really young like that. But he wouldn't let me read the story in that same book (Skeleton Crew) that was about the boy whose grandmother died while she was babysitting him and he was alone in the house with the dead body. Man, I don't think he should have let me read either one, come to think of it! No wonder I'm so warped! :p

Jae Angel
  17. RingoJuna Jedi Knight

star 3
    Hey MT, i'm a huge horror fan, but my tastes dip into films that I doubt most folks have ever heard of, let alone seen.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.