main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Halloween

Discussion in 'Archive: Daytona Beach, FL' started by Q99213, Sep 2, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Q99213

Q99213 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 3, 2001
    It's a bit premature, but does everyone already have plans for Halloween? Jack and I were talking about going out to win some costume contests or something, and the FL 501st is going to be trooping in Downtown Orlando. That may be cool to attend. Halloween is on a Friday night this year, so no worries about that.

Something to discuss at the next meeting :)

2. Jayna

Jayna Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 19, 2002
    I think I will probably be doing the Halloween carnival with ERRSA again, but that's pretty early. Definitely something to start thinking about.

3. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    Are you going to be a Jedi this year?

4. Captain_NoBeard

Captain_NoBeard Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 31, 2003
    I'm thinking of doing the Dread Pirate Roberts again. What can I say? The mask is comfortable, and I look super-sexy in black . . .

Scene at the Library Circulation Desk last year:

"So you're, like, Zorro or something, right?"
    "Actually I got dressed in the dark this morning. My entire wardrobe was black."
    "Who ARE you?"
    "No one of consequence."
    "I MUST know!"
    "Get used to disappointment."

I thought the Princess Bride was a prerequisite for entering this school? You have to have watched Top Gun, Star Wars, Princess Bride, and at least know the origin of the phrase, "We are the knights who say 'NE!'", isn't that how it works?

Maybe I'm just getting old. I HAVE hit the quarter-century mark after all :p

[ducks quickly as older members use the Force to fling heavy objects in his direction]

5. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    Yeah, but you cut your hair! I don't remember if he has a ponytail or not. hmmmm....

6. Captain_NoBeard

Captain_NoBeard Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 31, 2003
    I said I was going to be the Dread Pirate Roberts, not Westley ;) I can be any one of his predecessors or successors . . .

7. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    Ah, I see said the blind man. I still need to decide what I am going to be... Jedi, Sith, Grand Admiral, or I found the pattern to make Neo's outfit from Reloaded :D

8. Forja-Bingbey

Forja-Bingbey Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 12, 2002
    It's the Kights who say Ni. Or for heaven's sake it's really the Knights who say Ekki-Ekki-Ekki-Ekki-PTANG! Zoom-Boing! Z'nourrwringmm!

9. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    bumpin'...

10. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    Is anyone going to that Halloween party on campus?

11. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    Just thought I would repost this here:

From the Fl Garrison XO Clutch989:

Whewww, trying to recover from DC and get back into "real life" mode....it aint easy though. Anyway, about halloween. This is not in anyway a formal "event". It's just a bunch of us and anyone getting together downtown, havin some fun. In the past we've all met in the parking lot on the corner of Washington and Magnolia which has worked out pretty good because theres plenty of space for us to suit up. I'll do some research and find out when things will be happening so we can set a time to meet up. At the moment I'm thinking around 8pm or so but don't mark that in stone just yet...There's not really an "itenerary" for this. We're basically just going to meet up at a certain area and go troop it up downtown.

So far it looks like there will be about 10 troopers and a Sith there. The Sith (Chris) is skipping a trip to New Orleans to troop this Friday, so it sounds like it's going to be a great time! I'm not sure, but I think some of the Rebel Legion pilots may be there as well. Like Clutch said, everyone is welcome, and the more the marrier!

I was going to don my Grand Admiral uniform, but I got some belt polish on it from the last time I wore it and I can't get it off, so I'll probably be a saberless Jedi :(

12. BIGGIE

BIGGIE Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 21, 2003
    I dont have anything planed, but then i dont have a costume. i could do that thing i did (bounty hunter #5) if john lets me use his coat.

13. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    What happened to Biggie BIG Pimp??

14. BIGGIE

BIGGIE Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 21, 2003
    it is still up there i dont know what i am doing

15. Jayna

Jayna Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 19, 2002
    Why will you be saberless, Q? What happened to the ones you made?

16. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    The one is currently in an air tight case :p and the other isn't done yet. Yesterday I threw together a PVC saber that doesn't look too bad.

17. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    Hey Jack, can you either send me the pics from tonight or post them somewhere so I can put them on the beachtroopers site?

I have learned tonight that as long as you are wearing a lightsaber, everyone will call you Luke :mad:

Another is to schedule bathrrom trips at least 20 minutes in advance.

Stormtroopers get more hugs than Jedi.

18. ca_tron

ca_tron Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 6, 2002
    I gave u a hug. :( :_|

19. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    Awww, yes, yes you did :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.