main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:NZ Halloween

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Kitt327, Oct 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kitt327

Kitt327 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 23, 2000
    With all the influx of Halloween marketing in NZ these last few years or so, has anyone ever had any trick or treaters come to their door?

2. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    1 or 2 groups of 3-4 kids each year. Nothing spectacular. We always buy a bag of lollies though.

Might make a jack'o'lantern this year, cause I'm sure my kids will think it's pretty cool, though those huge american pumpkins are pretty hard to find in NZ, and butternut lanterns are kinda lame...

3. Chansplace

Chansplace Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 2, 2001
    we probably wont, being down a long dark scary driveway :)

We're off to Graals annual halloween party, costume is looking good (sorry cant give anything away) just a few finishing touches. A good excuse to dress up.

4. StabbedAgain

StabbedAgain Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 27, 2002
    Never had kids come to our house, Long drive way and all...

My sister goes trick or treating, she gets quite alot of nice stuff.

It feels good to polish of the old sock too!

5. SithForceLord

SithForceLord Jedi Master star 6

Jul 2, 2001
    I use to go down the street back home, i mean it's free stuff. Last year's holloween was a shocker. Got drunk. G'f didn't like it too much and yea, i did play some good pool though, angel or not. [face_plain]

This yea, I don't think I can make Graal's, end of degree party's and all. I've already started. :p 25 stubbies for $29 for speights, not too ba!

edit = anyone listening to Channel Z this morning around 7am'ish? The text was me. They asked for texts or phone calls for any preparations they should do before holloween to scare kids.

I texted in at 6:30am as I was studying:

Get some possums. Skin them and put cat collars on them and make the kids they are your cats on the porch/deck.

They loved it! It got number 2. Number 1 idea was a CD with 100 most dangerous dog barks. how lame. They said my idea was "sterling". I am teh winar.

What a plan though, hahaha. Kids would freek! :D

6. Kitt327

Kitt327 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 23, 2000
    I saw these kids out trick or treating on the Gt South Road at 3pm :)

7. Kai_Halicon

Kai_Halicon Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 12, 2002
    Hey Mark, that was you? I heard that! Classic!

I saw NO kids on the streets at all last night. Couldn't believe it.... and I live near a pretty populated zone and there's a mall across the street. I was surprised because it was around 7-30 and I'd of expected to see a lot. However, I did get about seven or so around, mostly my neighbours kids (it's amazing how quickly you can become popular in your area when small kids find out you have a PS2 and a heap fo games...).

I'm usually pretty nice to the the under 10's - mainly because it's still fun for them. I've given out a few mini-Snickers bars and so forth in my time, mainly because I have a lot of little kids who live nearby and it's a fun thing for them. But what gets me are the teenagers who show up!

I had some youth turn up at my house around 9pm last night, wearing jeans, a hoodie and a "Scream" mask. When he took it off, he was at least sixteen or so! That's just a bit lame, IMO. Suffice to say, I told him that we'd run out of stuff (which we had, my flatmate and I hadn't seen any kids since 8 and had eaten the rest of the chocolate) and the little *$%@#!!!! flipped me off.

My flatmate (a short-fused lad who dislikes the whiney bopper type) saw this and chased the kid down the driveway threatening all sorts of malarky. Funniest thing I'd seen in ages. Not to be cruel, but this kid was kinda large and IMO, didn't really need any candy.

Kids today. When I was trick or treating, back in the mid-late 80's, (in my homemade Darth Vader suit, I'll add!), there was none of that. I was terrified of anyone a few centimetres taller than me! I stopped T or T'ing in my last year of primary school after some dodgy old guy tried to pull a mate of mine into his house (!!!) when we were about eleven. Weirded me out after that.

8. SithForceLord

SithForceLord Jedi Master star 6

Jul 2, 2001
    Yea man that was me. The real stink thing was it was only number 2 on the top 5. Number 1 was a CD with 100 scariest dog barks. How freeking lame is that?! Skinned possums is far better! :) hehehe James Coleman needed a kick in the head. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.