main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

W.VA Halloween

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by -Fettish-, Oct 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. -Fettish-

-Fettish- Jedi Youngling star 3

May 7, 2003
    BOO!

(Scared ya, didn't I?)

Shall we all do something for Halloween this year? :)

2. Zoomer

Zoomer Jedi Youngling star 1

May 22, 2005
    If the Force is with me I should have a basic Jedi costume by Halloween. We're working on it right now. I'll have to fake the boots and belt for now until I have more time to find decent boots that aren't outrageously expensive. I was planning to wear it while my daughter trick or treats. I think the kids will think it's cool. Especially the blue lightsaber. I had a thought that it would be really cool to stage a lightsaber duel with someone with a red lightsaber. The kids would go nuts...

Lee

3. Darth_Raptor

Darth_Raptor Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 21, 2002
    I'm up for some kinda party :)

4. Dotanis

Dotanis Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 10, 2002
    Sounds good to me. =)

5. -Fettish-

May 7, 2003
    A party sounds fun! Now, any suggestions as to where we have it? My house is pretty much out for various reasons. But we could always try and have it somewhere else. Or if we didn't have a party we could go see a scarey movie or something, or maybe think of some other spookey activity...

6. Darth_Raptor

Oct 21, 2002

Just an FYI, my house is out this year. I'm so buried at work that I just don't have the time to set everything up. And if I was going to host the Halloween party again, I would want to do it right :) Right now I'm shooting just to be able to attend :)

7. -Fettish-

May 7, 2003
    Ok, my house is out and so is Raptor's. Does anyone else have a location that might work? If not, we could always do something else. Maybe go eat somewhere then go see some creepy movie... :p

8. Dotanis

Nov 10, 2002
    Well there is my residence here in Clarksburg. Decent parking and not too difficult to find I'll just have to be sure to get that evening off from work. Actually Halloween night isn't good for me here because I'm already committed to helping out with the youth at church but perhaps the Friday or Saturday before Halloween? Questions, comments, observations, anyone? =)

-Dot

9. -Fettish-

May 7, 2003
    I don't see why it has to be right on Halloween night. Any evening around that time should be okay. :) I didn't know you had moved to Clarksburg. I bet you are glad to be out of boring Fairmont. LOL!

10. Dotanis

Nov 10, 2002
    Wait, Clarksburg is the exciting town of the two? =)

11. Zoomer

May 22, 2005
    I've lived in both Clarksburg, and Fairmont... and I think it's a toss up.

If I can come I'd like to. I think I'll finally have a costume. The cloak is almost finished, still need the tunic, and tabards. I'll have to do a makeshift belt and I'm going to have to fake the boots, but it's a start.

Dot's house sounds fine to me. And it's been a while since I've seen any of you guys.

I'll check back...
    Lee

12. -Fettish-

May 7, 2003
    Dot's house sounds good. Are we all going to bring something to snack on? I can make a layered dip and bring some tortilla chips...

Not sure what I'll do about a costume. I'm in the middle of opening a salon and day spa with a friend/business partner. So I don't have a lot of spare time for sewing and stuff. But I'm sure I can round up something...

:)

13. Zoomer

May 22, 2005
    A day spa you say? Are you in need of a massage therapist, who is also a certified reflexologist? Not sure if you remember but my wife is a LMT, and she's still looking for work.

I'll try to make it to the party whatever date you guys set. Not sure if my costume will be done by the weekend or not. Hope so.

Lee

14. Dotanis

Nov 10, 2002
    Will this Friday evening work for you folks? I'm guessing about 8ish or so? I can do Satuday if it's better though. Time's a wasting so make your opinions known. =)

15. Darth_Raptor

Oct 21, 2002
    Sounds good to me :)

16. Zoomer

May 22, 2005
    I don't think my costume will be ready by Friday night. But go ahead and plan for what's most convenient for the majority, and I'll try to make it. My seamstress thinks she has a lot of time yet to finish the project...little does she know...lol

Lee

17. -Fettish-

May 7, 2003
    Friday at 8pm works for me too. I will need directions to Dot's house... :)

18. Dotanis

Nov 10, 2002
    "Use the Force Luke"...

Take the I-79 South to Clarksburg
    Take the US-50 exit 119 to Clarksburg/Bridgeport
    Merge into US-50 West
    Take the WV-20 ( Joyce Street )exit
    Turn left at WV-20 South
    go straight for about a mile there will be a Mountaineer Mart on your left
    At the light turn right onto Haymond Highway then an immediate left onto Buena Vista Avenue go about a quarter of a mile come to a stop sign
    go through the stop sign and about 1/4 of a mile on the left is 219 Buena Vista Ave
    Congrats you've arrived at Dot's house
    If anyone has trouble finding the place I can be reached at 622.0242

19. -Fettish-

May 7, 2003
    Who all will be in costume? I'm not sure whether to dress up or just come in normal clothes...

20. -Fettish-

May 7, 2003
    Nevermind, I managed to put together a pretty cool costume from things I already had.

Pretty sad when your own wardrobe can pass as a Halloween costume! ROTFL!!! :p

21. Dotanis

Nov 10, 2002
    I'll be throwing something together to wear here. =)

22. -Fettish-

May 7, 2003
    Thanks to Dot for hosting this year's Halloween party!

I had a great time! :D It was good to see you all and hang out again. You all make me LAUGH! I love it!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.