Halloween

Discussion in 'Maryland' started by yaddel, Jul 22, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sithspawn35 Jedi Knight

star 2
    Hey gang, I'm bumping this up 'cause I thought Yaddle had a really GREAT idea here, But I think this may take a little more planning than a regular meeting. Maybe we can start discussing it early?
  2. Mogook Jedi Master

star 4
    I agree, this will require a lot of planning.
  3. yaddel Jedi Knight

star 1
    I will be happy to help with all the planning, since I came up with the idea, where should we meet, that is the big question, I could check with the local library, though they may look at us funny all showing up in costume :) ALso I think we should have eats, I will be happy to make some halloween/starwars themed food to bring along. I will call around tomorrow and see what we have as far as meeting facilities here in columbia, we are members of the columbia association, and may be able to get something free, or very cheap at least. I will post tomorrow to let you know what I find.
  4. Isbeth Force Ghost

star 4
    Are we still doing the Halloween party? I found a Jar-Jar costume at Big Lots for $5.00, wonder if it'll fit? :confused: 8-}
  5. yaddel Jedi Knight

star 1
    Hi all, I am SO sorry I have not had a chance to post, however, I have been looking for a place to meet and have a party, I am at a loss! Ugh, I called a couple of the local libraries and such, but everything is reserved months in advance. Anyone else want to jump in with suggestions? I am happy to do the leg-work, I just can't think of another place to call.
  6. Isbeth Force Ghost

star 4
    How about we all meet at one of those haunted houses for charity. Afterwards we can all go out to eat. Any suggestions?
  7. kasjedi Jedi Knight

star 1
    Maybe we could try a themed charity party at a library during a "slow" time? Like - not Halloween or Christmas?
  8. yaddel Jedi Knight

star 1
    Did we decide no costumes for the 10th meeting/October? I would love to dress up and have a party at another time too if you guys are up for it, as suggested. I'm sorry about not being able to find a place to have a party, it is hard to find a cheap/free place for a get together :) I would offer my home for the party, but I saw that idea has already been turned down. Anyway, tell us about your halloween costumes even if we don't have a costume party, I love halloween!

I'm waiting patiently for my Parks Saber lightsaber to arrive :)
  9. sithspawn35 Jedi Knight

star 2
    Three years ago, I had a seemstress make an "authentic" Obi-Wan (Ewan's) costume for me. It's complete except I cant find a piece of vinyl to make the blt with (there are no fabric stores anywhere around here.)
    Now I just need to find an excuse to wear it.
  10. Isbeth Force Ghost

star 4
    How about us all going together to check out a haunted house? No planning needed there, just a date, time, location and cost. Lots of groups do this for charity. We could come in costume or not, depending on how you feel. The one at Fort Frederick is a bit of a drive for most of you guys, but it is only $2.00 and there were lots of people there last year from Baltimore and Annapolis, plus lots of kids and adults in SW costume. Very cool. How about it? We could play games in line, do a line by line while in line [face_laugh] or sing pumpkin carols. Plus you get cider and cookies when you finish. Loads of fun! Think about it. Maybe we can get the Western Maryland folks to join us.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.