main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hou, TX Halloween

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by Darth-Stryphe, Sep 30, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth-Stryphe

Darth-Stryphe Former Mod and City Rep star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 24, 2001
    We'd like to do a Halloween party for our Fanforce. First, I'd like to know -- if we have it the Saturday before, will anyone be able to attend, or is everyone already making other Halloween plans that Saturday? If the Saturday before isn't a good day, we'll do it the Saturday after.

Also, does anyone out there wish to volenteer a homestead to have the party at?

2. merlin

merlin Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 1999
    [color=663300]Well, if you don't mind driving to Utah, you can have it at my place. ;)[/color]

3. Fingorfin

Fingorfin Jedi Master star 4

Nov 7, 2001
    Sounds good to me. Make sure that fridge is well stocked, merlin.

I like the idea of a party,but I cannot think of any place to hold it.

4. Queenie Amidala

Queenie Amidala Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 7, 2000
    Well, merlin, your kindness is duly noted. :p

Personally, I'm good for the weekend after Halloween, which, as it turns out, is only the next day or the day after, as Halloween falls on a Thursday. As for where we can have it, I have no idea.

5. dracula766

dracula766 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 24, 2002
    I also suggest the saturday after.
    I'm gonna be bad and go back to Disney World the weekend before Halloween...I'ma kick it at Mickey's not-so-scary halloween party.

btw...does anyone know if Disney has any other cool halloween stuff going on?

-Ramiro

"bonfires burning bright, pumpkin faces in the night, I remember Halloween!"

6. Jedilane

Jedilane Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 6, 2001
    Well I am having a H. party at my house for my church group. I don't think I have enough parking/people space for all of us. So that means that the Saturday before Halloween is out, but I am willing to dress up the next weekend too.

7. goldbubbly

goldbubbly Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 5, 2002
    well how many people would show up exactly? 8-} only 6-7 of us showed up to the last meeting. either weekend is good for me.

8. Queenie Amidala

May 7, 2000
    btw...does anyone know if Disney has any other cool halloween stuff going on?

Nope, Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party is all Disney World does for Halloween.

I worked Tomorrowland Attractions last fall, and of all the nights they did Not-So-Scary, I had to work. So, I never go to see it as a guest. :(

I'm so jealous. Have fun! :D

9. Darth Dorky

Darth Dorky Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 5, 2000
    Well, I had about 20 people at my last party, so I can host. Plus I live on 1/2 an acre so parking isn't a problem. And I have no neighbor to the right and another 1/2 an acre between me and the neighbor to the left so noise is not a problem either. Comes in handy for my New Year/Birthday (yup I'm a new years baby!!) parties. :D

I live out in the Pearland area. If enough people are interested I can provide the place.

10. AlexiAlexander

AlexiAlexander Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 3, 2002
    I'm game for either weekend. And my costume wiil be easy on/off so dressing up twice or ten times is all good to me.

11. Jaina_S_Fel

Jaina_S_Fel Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 3, 2002
    Well crap...I require blue paint and was hoping I wasn't the only one who actually wanted to do something ON Halloween. But, as I am I'll endure airbrushing for naught but neighborhood trick-or-treating and lament the wash process soon thereafter.

12. Jaina_S_Fel

Jaina_S_Fel Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 3, 2002
    ummm...so has a day been picked? I didn't think so, but other threads make it sound like it has...so I'm basically one confoosed chickadee.

13. Darth-Stryphe

Darth-Stryphe Former Mod and City Rep star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 24, 2001
    Yes, the day and location has been picked. We'll be having the party at Darth Dorky's (Leroy) at 7 PM on Saturday November 2nd. Directions and more details will be posted later.

14. dracula766

dracula766 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 24, 2002
    ummmm...in case you guys don't know...

Nov. 2 the Houston Symphony will be performing music from
    E.T.
    and
    STAR WARS

not sure of the exact details but there may be an ad in tommorows preview section of the chronicle

-R

15. crystala

crystala Jedi Master star 1

May 7, 2002
    I took a look at the Houston Symphony's website about their show on the 2nd of November. It has been postponed until a date sometime in Spring of next year. This would be something to keep in mind though. When it does come out perhaps we can get a group together and go see it. Only problem is it will be at Jones Hall and probably will be a bit expensive. Here is the link for it.

http://www.houstonsymphony.org/performances_details.jsp?catid=240&contid=117

16. crystala

May 7, 2002
    Here's an update on the party.

Leroy will be BBQing chicken, wings, hamburgers, etc. We will need some people to bring some side dishes, snacks and desserts. If anyone wants something specific to be BBQ?d you are more than welcome to bring it. Everyone will also need to bring whatever type of beverage they want.

We will need to know about how many people will be able to make the party, so we know how much food to bring..so please rsvp.

Next..on to entertainment. Anyone have any ideas for things to do at the party? Leroy has a huge DVD/laserdisc collection so movies and music is not a problem. Are there any particular games that people would want to play or bring?

17. Leiatheprincess

Leiatheprincess Jedi Youngling

Aug 6, 2002
    This sounds like fun!!

18. AlexiAlexander

AlexiAlexander Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 3, 2002
    Me coming! I'll bring something, just tell me what to bring. We should play twister and other cheesy games like that. Cortney has about five hardly been used board games. I'm sure she will bring them. As for the Houston Symphony, nosebleed tickets at Jones hall cost about 12.50. It is lots of fun to dress-up (nicely, not Star Wars) and here the music. I doubt the tickets will be more, unless this is a special engagement and John williams will be the guest conductor or something, but how likely is that?, and the music actually sounds better the further you sit from the stage.

Well ...if you want to, you can were your costume after all there is no dresscode. (This means that jeans and a t-shirt are okay too.)

19. crystala

May 7, 2002
    AlexiAlexander - how about you bring a dessert. Just pick whatever you like or what you think others might like.

We still need plenty of people to sign up to bring a side dish, snack or dessert.

And we still need some suggestions for games. I don't think Twister would be a good one to try. As a kid no problem, but as an adult I don't think there would really be room to play on that small board. <grin>

20. Briareos

Briareos Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 22, 2002
    Picture me playing...

Oh yeah, right, did that joke already... *mutters about warped imaginations*

As far as board games go, I have Civilization - the game I have owned for 5 years now and never actually finished once. But yeah, we wouldn't finish it at the party either, so...

How bout a Star Wars drinking game? Do a shot everytime Luke whines about something, etc.. :)

21. Darth Dorky

Darth Dorky Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 5, 2000
    Now that's a party game!!

"But I want go to Toschii station..."
    "It just isn't fair..."
    "Looks like I'm going nowhere...."

Boy, three shots in first few minutes of meeting Luke!!

22. Fingorfin

Fingorfin Jedi Master star 4

Nov 7, 2001
    Sounds good to me! :D

23. goldbubbly

goldbubbly Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 5, 2002
    *cough* alcoholic */cough*

24. Queenie Amidala

May 7, 2000
    How bout a Star Wars drinking game? Do a shot everytime Luke whines about something, etc..

That's not the first time that's been suggested to me! [face_laugh]

You could definitely count me in! ;)

25. Jedilane

Jedilane Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 6, 2001
    How about the new Trivial Pursuit game?

And sign me up for the party to!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.