main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hou, TX Halloween

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by Darth-Stryphe, Sep 30, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crystala

crystala Jedi Master star 1

May 7, 2002
    Trivial Pursuit is always a welcome game :)

I love Trivial Pursuit.

2. Moontyger

Moontyger Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 6, 2002
    There are always the usual party board games... Taboo, Balderdash, Scruples. Apples to Apples can be fun, too.

3. Jaina_S_Fel

Jaina_S_Fel Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 3, 2002
    "How bout a Star Wars drinking game? Do a shot everytime Luke whines about something, etc.."

"Now that's a party game!!"

"Sounds good to me!"

"You could definitely count me in!"

You guys aren't gonna get all [edited for language] and get all scary weird are you? I have a slight problem with drunk people in that I've only met mean ones.

4. Darth Dorky

Darth Dorky Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 5, 2000
    I wouldn't worry about that. I keep a pretty good eye on that. When I throw a party I like people to have fun. But if anyone gets out of hand, they will be kindly asked to leave or (if they are REALLY out of it)asked to have someone come and get them.

I think the worst thing you should worry about is me getting a buzz and breaking out the Karaoke DVD's :D Now that is pretty scary, even for Halloween! :)

The address for the party, for those that would like to Yahoo map it or something is:

4505 Westwood Lane
    Manvel, Tx

Don't let the Manvel part scare you. I'm only a few miles from all the new stores in Pearland (Super Target/Randall's Kohl's etc...)Right down the road from Silverlake/South Glen subdivisions.

5. crystala

May 7, 2002
    Oh no. Anything but Karaoke. I thought you said this would be a fun party <grin>

Btw, since there will be alcohol at this party I just want to make a few points. No one under the age of 21 will be allowed to drink alcohol at this party. Anyone that is 21 or over can bring anything they wish to drink to the party, but please remember to drink responsibly and have a designated driver just in case he/she has a little too much to drink.

With that out of the way, we still need volunteers to bring some goodies to eat. Also if anyone is willing to come a bit early to the party and help set things up it would be much appreciated.

6. Darth_Bolo_O_I

Darth_Bolo_O_I Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 18, 2002
    Ok, count me in, and what should I bring- Since I am only 18, obviously no alcohol, but will there be soda, water, etc. or should I bring some?
    Just let me know ASAP, so I don't forget. Also, I will come early and help setup, provided I do not get lost...
    I can also function as a DD if need be.

Later!

7. Darth Dorky

Apr 5, 2000
    Well, I will most likely have BBQ wings, sausage, hot dogs etc..as for drinks I generally prefer people bring their own as it's too hard to please everyone (especially with alcholohic beverages). I will have Lemonade Ice Tea spiked and unspiked, either way quite tasty :D Water of course and being a bachelor there is plenty of empty space in my fridge to keep whatever anyone else brings nice and cool.

The only other things that are needed are chips/dip and other snack foods (cookies, candy or whatever)soft drink.

If you are certain that you are coming, please post here or e-mail me so I can get a general head count.

Darth Bolo, thanks for volunteering as a DD, that's quite cool of you.

Link to a somwhat rudimentary map:

http://www.konazx3.homestead.com/files/map.jpg

8. Queenie Amidala

Queenie Amidala Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 7, 2000
    I will definitely be there. And I can bring just about anything in terms of chips, dip, deserts, etc.

So, once we get an idea of how many people are coming...can we then come up with a list to figure out what everyone needs to bring?

If I can help out in any way, shape, or form, DD, please let me know. :D

9. Moontyger

Jun 6, 2002
    Right now I was thinking of bringing pumpkin bread. And alcohol. =)

10. Queenie Amidala

May 7, 2000
    Oooh, Pumpkin bread! Mmmmm.... :D

Yes, alcohol, check! I'll be bringin' that along as well.

11. Briareos

Briareos Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 22, 2002
    "You guys aren't gonna get all [edited for language] and get all scary weird are you? I have a slight problem with drunk people in that I've only met mean ones."

I've only gotten really drunk once, and as I recall I was playing Scrabble. Scary weird or not - you make the call!

12. Nabooty_Call

Nabooty_Call Former RSA / Obi-Wan Impersonator star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 11, 2000
    Hey, everyone!

Hope y'all have fun at the party...just remember, watch the language on the boards. Thanks!

Also, crystala's been putting in a lot of work lately, and could really use your support in getting the Houston FanForce IMAX event in Galveston going strong.

Please offer her whatever time or resources you can to help make the IMAX event a huge success.

Thanks, crystala for all the effort you've put into Houston FF events lately :)

13. AlexiAlexander

AlexiAlexander Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 3, 2002
    I wil bring cookies fo they are my true love.

14. Moontyger

Jun 6, 2002
    Ooo, what kind of cookies?

15. Darth Dorky

Apr 5, 2000
    So, so far we have:
    Me
    AlexiAlexander
    Jaina_S_Fel
    crystala
    Briareos
    Fingorfin
    Queenie Amidala
    Jedilane
    Moontyger
    Darth_Bolo_O_I
    Darth-Stryphe

Anyone else? Did I leave anyone off?

16. Count_Dough-ku

Count_Dough-ku Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 7, 2001
    Barring any last minute plans, I'll be there.

BTW, not to switch subjects, but with November 12 fast approaching, is anyone interested in getting together to watch the Episode II DVD(widescreen version of course)?

17. ChewbaccasRevenge

ChewbaccasRevenge Jedi Master

May 19, 2002

We wont make it to the party, we've been invited to a box car social...haha. Seriosly though, we have our little cousins birthday party to go to. How fun, screaming 3 year olds instead of screaming drunks.

18. Slowmo

Slowmo Jedi Youngling star 2

May 13, 2002
    Are plans for the party now changing because of the midnight showing of ATOC at the IMAX on halloween night? Maybe we should all just meet down there.

Doug

19. Queenie Amidala

May 7, 2000
    The party is on Saturday, November 2. :)

20. Darth-Stryphe

Darth-Stryphe Former Mod and City Rep star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 24, 2001
    Doug,
    The Houston FF will be officially in Galveston for the Friday 8:00 PM showing of AOTC, so it will not have any effects on the Halloween party schedule.

So what would you guys like me to bring to the party -- food wise?

21. weaves

weaves Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 6, 2001
    I'll be at the Halloween Party too-

22. Darth Dorky

Apr 5, 2000
    Update:

Me
    AlexiAlexander
    Jaina_S_Fel
    crystala
    Briareos
    Fingorfin
    Queenie Amidala
    Jedilane
    Moontyger
    Darth_Bolo_O_I
    Darth-Stryphe
    Weaves (and g/f)
    Count_Dough-ku
    Slowmo

If anyone else is planning on coming please post here or e-mail me. Also, let me know waht you would like to bring (as far as food and drink) so that we don't end up with a table full of the same thing!

23. Slowmo

Slowmo Jedi Youngling star 2

May 13, 2002
    Ahh, that's what I get for skipping ahead with the posts after a lengthy absence. My mistake.

Anyway, since the party is on Saturday I'll actually get to make it! Count me in and let me know what I should bring.

Doug

24. bebo_lokk

bebo_lokk Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 16, 2001
    I'm going to TRY and make it. (No Yoda wise cracks) :D
    Since it is right around the corner from me.

25. crystala

May 7, 2002
    Of course bring yourself <grin> but as for food anything that would work as a snack or dessert or even a side dish would be great.

I myself am going to bring something chocolate..haven't decided yet what though. Let me know what to mark you down for so we don't have people bringing the same thing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.