main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Halo 2 discussion thread

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by triggerfinger, Jul 12, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yoda_Windu

Yoda_Windu Jedi Youngling star 2

May 28, 2002
    as long as Halo 2 has a level that is similar to blood gulch, and a rocket launcer. I will be very happy.

2. tenorjedi

tenorjedi Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 17, 2000
    Check it out. Teamxbox's first impression of Halo 2

Halo: Combat Evolved has sold 2 million copies, establishing it as one of the most successful videogame titles ever. Master Chief is returning for Halo 2, and it will fully support Microsoft's LIVE network. During the X-02 event, we were able to get the first glimpse of actual in-game footage, and it is lookin' sweet! It appears that a derelict alien force it set to eliminate the human race, and the battleground appears to be planet Earth! While we can't confirm that Halo 2 takes place on Earth, from the clip it does closely resemble our mother world. We won't have footage of Halo 2 until September, as the Big M still wants to keep it under wraps for a bit longer. Keep checking TXB for the latest on the most anticipated videogame sequel yet.

3. tenorjedi

Aug 17, 2000
    TOOO SWWEEEETTT

Screenies

[image=http://www.bungie.net/images/site/halo/screenshots/scrn_109.jpg] [image=http://www.bungie.net/images/site/halo/screenshots/scrn_110.jpg]
    [image=http://www.bungie.net/images/site/halo/screenshots/scrn_111.jpg]

4. triggerfinger

triggerfinger Jedi Youngling star 3

May 30, 2002
    to get info on halo 2 roll on over to gamespot.com or bungie.com.

5. portman_is_so_fine

portman_is_so_fine Jedi Master star 4

Apr 28, 2002
    this is teh prettiest looking game ive ever seen.

6. triggerfinger

May 30, 2002
    yeah, look at that kick@$$ gun he has.

7. Stitch

Stitch Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 30, 2002
    Oh wow.

That's great.

8. portman_is_so_fine

Apr 28, 2002
    so are those actually in-game screenies, or are the from the cut-scenes or somthin

9. DUM-4

DUM-4 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 19, 1999
    I'm pretty sure they're cut-scenes.

10. Jirin_Raman

Jirin_Raman Jedi Master star 4

Apr 6, 2002
    While this is a nice "appetizer" of sorts, I cannot wait to get full details, and more screenies. More weapons, more vehicles and.......MORE Covenant? I sure hope some of the "wishlist" items we listed in this thread are in Halo 2. ;)

11. Macho

Macho Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2001
    i think those that is shown up there is from the trailer, but they have in game screens on the site

12. portman_is_so_fine

Apr 28, 2002
  13. tenorjedi

Aug 17, 2000
    bungie's site, although it was having a hell of time getting some of the pictures to show from their site. Sometime soon (days hopefully) the trailer shown to the media will be released on the internet.

14. Jedi_Johnson

Jedi_Johnson Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 6, 2002
    Bungie has a lot of screen shots and wallpaper up. Check it out.

[image=http://www.bungie.net/images/site/halo/desktops/halo2_wallpaper/markvi_1280.jpg]

15. Rabid_Balding_Ewok

Rabid_Balding_Ewok Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 2000
    Remember with Halo all the cutscenes where done with the ingame engine. Bungie said in their press release that the graphics are being upgraded on a new engine.

>>>We are using a completely rewritten graphics engine which allows our artists to work in previously unimaginable complexity and detail. Anyone who thinks the original Halo stretched the Xbox's graphical abilities to the limit is mistaken<<<

So it's quite possible that those screens are rendered with the ingame engine.

Hehe, our first taste of earth.
    [image=http://www.bungie.net/images/site/halo/desktops/halo2_wallpaper/h2earth_800.jpg]

:D

-----signature-----
    "Rabid Balding Ewok, you make me sick.
    If there was an enemies list, you'd be on mine."
    [face_devil] [face_laugh] [face_devil] [face_laugh] [face_devil] [face_laugh]

:::*::(^^) :(^^) :::::::
    ::::::/::::^^:::::\ ::*::
    :::::/###-^^-##I :::::
    : *:.l##/(*)# (*)\\:::::
    :::/##(###.00#)#I ::::
    ::(___/#*#(XXX)/__) ::
    ::/000{{{{www}}}}\:: Ewoks Will Eat You!

16. portman_is_so_fine

Apr 28, 2002
  17. triggerfinger

May 30, 2002
    rabid balding ewok, that backgroud has been my background since the day halo 2 was announced.

18. Miin_Bodenna

Miin_Bodenna Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 7, 2002
    *drool* (Homers drool sound to be exact) as i look at Halo 2's pics and wallpapers.

Ign says they cant release the trailer yet. Is anybody signed up to IGN...if there is...can you post there thoughts on this thread?

19. Miin_Bodenna

Feb 7, 2002
    since its too late to edit...

[image=http://dasimpsons.hypermart.net/images/other/homer_drooling.gif]

20. Miin_Bodenna

Feb 7, 2002
    Wow...3 post in a row...any way heres what bungie said about halo 2...

After Halo shipped, a lot of people assumed they knew what Bungie would do next. "Of course they'll do a sequel to Halo," went the prevailing wisdom. "They'd be stupid not to capitalize on the success of the first game. And there are so many loose ends to tie up. Yeah, there's definitely a sequel in the works." So it may not come as a surprise to you, dear readers, that we formally announced Halo 2 at X02 in New York City this morning.

I think I can assume that anyone reading about Halo 2 on Bungie's own Halo site probably knows the basics already. You already know Halo 2 is the sequel to Halo. You already know Halo walked off with a ton of rave reviews and Game-of-the-Year awards. You already know the bar has been raised and expectations for a sequel are high. You already know Bungie has no intention of disappointing anyone.

What you really want to know is: "What does it look like? What's new? What's the solo campaign all about? What about multiplayer?" And of course the all-important "When can I get my hands on it?"

The game itself is everything you loved about the original Halo, but with all the knobs turned up to 11 this time round. This is not a quickie "Halo 1.5" follow-up using the same engine. We are using a completely rewritten graphics engine which allows our artists to work in previously unimaginable complexity and detail. Anyone who thinks the original Halo stretched the Xbox's graphical abilities to the limit is mistaken. There are gorgeous new realms to be explored, and Halo 2 will take you there. There will be several new weapons in addition to the reliable old standards from the first game. Not to mention the new vehicles you'll ride into battle. Or the many new enemies you'll face. If you had a hard time with the handful of Covenant races you met in the first game, you may wish to start practicing now; you'll need it when they unleash the rest of their army.

Halo 2 returns you to the role of the Master Chief - still humanity's best weapon against the Covenant. Their defeat at Halo was only temporary, and they are pursuing their goal - the complete obliteration of humankind - with renewed zeal. Human military forces are exhausted and unable to stave off the Covenant's rapid advance toward Earth. Even with the Master Chief back in action, the situation looks dire - and this is at the beginning of the game, before things get a lot worse. In true Bungie tradition, the solo campaign in Halo 2 deepens and expands upon the story that began in the first game: old questions will be answered, new mysteries will unfold, and the truly epic nature of the story will finally be revealed.

Multiplayer is an entirely different kettle of fish. Halo 2 is designed from the ground up to support internet multiplayer games over Xbox Live?. You're no longer limited to playing LAN games against friends who live nearby. What's more, the multiplayer experience is being completely redesigned. The first Halo offered just a glimpse of what we originally had in mind; now, in Halo 2, our designers' vision will come to glorious, explosive fruition.

In all honesty, your humble author is a bit giddy with excitement over this game, and I think you will be too. For a quick look at what you can expect to see, check out our Screenshots section. There are seven new Halo 2 screenshots available, including three shots exclusive to bungie.net. These are taken from the Halo 2 trailer shown to the press this morning, which will be released to the internet soon. While you're there, we've also got four glorious new desktops to spiff up your computer. We'll have plenty of Halo 2 coverage here at bungie.net in the months ahead, so be sure to check back.

21. Jeff 42

Jeff 42 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 14, 1998
    I just beat Halo on Legendary... so I am very eagerly awaiting the sequel. :D

22. The_Rev

The_Rev Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 15, 2002
    I come back from vacation, and all this stuff happens, whats worse is I was in NY when X10 was going on:_|

23. tenorjedi

Aug 17, 2000
    What's weird is beating the final mission on legendary isn't nearly as difficult as about half of the missions. It took me longer to beat the first mission on legendary then it did the last one.

24. Jeff 42

Jeff 42 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 14, 1998
    The third level, "Truth and Reconciliation," was definitely the hardest. After you beat that, you're ready for anything the game can throw at you.

25. tenorjedi

Aug 17, 2000
    Yeah, trying to get up the gravity lift is something else. It's like 6 waves of guys or something.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.