main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Halo 2 discussion thread

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by triggerfinger, Jul 12, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Miin_Bodenna

Miin_Bodenna Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 7, 2002
    For awhile the 2nd level was the hardest for me...i'd sit up on top and just get slaughtered. But then i didn't make a last stand and finally past it. It took me like a month to beat the Truth and Reconcilation. But on Co-Op play everything is way to easy.

2. tenorjedi

tenorjedi Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 17, 2000
    Well co-op becomes even more interesting when you turn the whole game into a 1 on 1 match.

3. tenorjedi

Aug 17, 2000
    Tommorrow, tommorrow the trailers out, tommorrow, it's only a day a way!

I may just wait due to congestion unless I download it really early

4. Jedi_Nailbiter

Jedi_Nailbiter Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2000
    The Halo 2 Trailer is reportedly available for download on most p2ps. Apparantly, you need Windows Media Player 9 to view it. The beta download for that is available for download. Illegaly. I can't post the link here. I'll get back to you on if the trailer works and how it is.

5. The_Rev

The_Rev Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 15, 2002
    I posted about the trailer, it is a faker.
    Replace the .avi with a .rar its a .zip to install quicktime. I'll be the first to download WM9 off of MS's website tormorow, along with the trailer.

6. Tobey-Wan

Tobey-Wan Jedi Master star 9

Jun 12, 2001
    Official trailer release is 12 hours away! 6:00 PM Pacific time tonight!

I wonder how many people would preorder Halo 2 right now, before they even see the trailer. I would.

7. Jirin_Raman

Jirin_Raman Jedi Master star 4

Apr 6, 2002
    Trailer or no, I've been eagerly anticipating Halo 2 regardless. However, I have no problems looking at new screenies, and new info. :D

8. JEDI-SOLO

JEDI-SOLO Force Ghost star 6

Feb 12, 2002
    Be sure to post a link when it is out please! Thank you.

9. Jedi_Nailbiter

Jul 22, 2000
    15 Minutes left until the trailer.

10. Jedi_Nailbiter

Jul 22, 2000
    It's up. And guess what? You have to download Windows Media Player 9. I was right!

edit: oh and here's a link

11. Tobey-Wan

Tobey-Wan Jedi Master star 9

Jun 12, 2001
    Also available in Quicktime format here.

WOW!

12. Jedi_Nailbiter

Jul 22, 2000
    Awesome. I wish I had an Xbox. And thats all real-time in-game graphics.

13. Jeff 42

Jeff 42 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 14, 1998
    HELL YEAH!

14. JEDI-SOLO

JEDI-SOLO Force Ghost star 6

Feb 12, 2002
    That was pretty cool now I can't wait for it because I just beat Halo 20 min ago!

15. Dan

Dan Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 15, 1999
    Not bad. It'll probably be worth the money for the online experience.

16. tenorjedi

Aug 17, 2000
    sweeeeeet

I wanted to see some action but still, sweet.

17. Miin_Bodenna

Feb 7, 2002
    Is anbodys computer lag on that movie alot to, but sweeeeeeet otherwise... :D

18. tenorjedi

Aug 17, 2000
    Mine lags only on the beginning. Graphics are definetly beefed up. Don't screw with the gameplay, cut down on the redundant rooms and you've got another record setting game.

19. Darth_Iquitous

Darth_Iquitous Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 9, 2001
    The Trailer for Halo 2 can be downloaded at windowsmedia.com or IGN.com. It's an exclusive so you need WMP9 to play it. It is vague but you get the general idea. I really wish I had an XBox now.

20. Miin_Bodenna

Feb 7, 2002
    How the hell did this get on the second page?? :eek:

21. Jedi_Nailbiter

Jul 22, 2000
    EDGE Magazine:

[image=http://perso.wanadoo.fr/draikin2/halo2cover.jpg]
    [image=http://www.teamurc.com/Halo/VehiclesPage.JPG] [image=http://perso.wanadoo.fr/draikin2/halo2page.jpg] [image=http://www.teamurc.com/Halo/halo2page2.JPG]

TEXT:
    For HALO 2 the geometry isn't replicated, the level shells are built and then filled with detailed objects to make each space unique and interesting. It's a process that required a complete re-engineering of the game engine.

To bolster the sense that the HALO 2 world is operating independently, there will be an overhaul of the AI (Something that was hardly shoddy the first time around). "At GDC this year we did a talk on HALO's AI," reveals Griesemer. "This means that we had to come up with a whole new batch of secrets for HALO 2.

"In HALO the AI concentrated almost exclusively on shooting enemies and not being shot. In HALO 2 we are going to extend the AI's ability to manipulate its world and move through the enviroment in intelligent ways. We're also improving the AI's ability to manipulate its world and move through the enviroment in intelligent ways. We're also improving the AI's ability to make plans and react to enemy tactics on a larger scope, so entire installatioins will respond to the player's attack instead of just the enemies in the room with him. In HALO 2 AI entities will be able to adapt to their enviroment."

But expansion junkies should not be disappointed. Yes, the game will be 'deeper', but there's a list of expansions to assuage those more impressed by box stats. Along with those extra outdoor enviroments will be a new sniper weapon, a sub-machine gun that fires caseless ammo, three new marine ATV's suited to different terrain and the Shado, a new Covenant vehicle capable of carrying up to four Elites. And these are just the new elements Bungie is will to divulge at this time.

22. The_Rev

The_Rev Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 15, 2002
    ^^^Were did you get this information, because I found the same exact thing at Teamxbox.com. If you did please gice credit to the poster.

23. Miin_Bodenna

Feb 7, 2002
    This is seriously gonna win game of the year, before it comes out.

24. Jedi_Nailbiter

Jul 22, 2000
    "^^^Were did you get this information, because I found the same exact thing at Teamxbox.com. If you did please gice credit to the poster."

From the IGN Boards. It was a handful of posters who had EDGE magazines. I'm sorry, I should've specified.

25. Rabid_Balding_Ewok

Rabid_Balding_Ewok Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 2000
    Gamespot has some new screens.

Halo II

[image=http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2002/vgnews/092602/halo2x02/halo2_screen005.jpg] [image=http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2002/vgnews/092602/halo2x02/halo2_screen001.jpg] [image=http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2002/vgnews/092602/halo2x02/halo2_screen008.jpg]

Mmm, tasty. :D

-----signature-----
    "Rabid Balding Ewok, you make me sick.
    If there was an enemies list, you'd be on mine."
    [face_devil] [face_laugh] [face_devil] [face_laugh] [face_devil] [face_laugh]

:::*::(^^) i(^^) :::::::
    ::::::/::::^^:::::\ ::*::
    :::::/###-^^-##I :::::
    : *:.l##/(*)# (*)\\::::i
    :::/##(###.00#)#I ::::
    ::(___/#*#(XXX)/__) ::
    ::/000{{{{www}}}}\:: Ewoks Will Eat You!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.