main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rocky M, NC HALO 2....................

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by FettFan5150, Oct 15, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediRiff

JediRiff Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 2, 2002
    Sorry, but so far, I see NOTHING wrong with this game. Its takes HALO and just jacks it up. I am sure they have massive boards as well. As for the plasma sword, good in close situations, and a good backup weapon. I love using two plasma rifles or two SMGs at the same time. You throw down some serious firepower. I still love the sniper rifles, of course. The new scorpion, however, is simply DEVASTATING. The delay has been cut down to almost zero. Kazuma, who knows, they may do updates on the game. It does have X-box online capability, you know. I am seriously looking forward to Friday night. This game has evolved, I think, and I think its better. Oh, playing the elite in game is fun, too. VERY cool story, so far. Fett and myself have gotten about 8 or 10 boards in so far, if I am not mistaken. We are elites right now, fighting the flood. (Yes, you heard me right). However, I wont give any of the storyline away. I will let you guys see it for yourselves. All I can say is, AWESIOME!!!

I also heard the game made $100 million in its first day in sales.

2. Mordtat

Mordtat Jedi Master star 3

Apr 20, 2004
    I love the plasma sword but I also hate it. It has charges just like a normal weapon does. That bites...

Playing as the Alien in the story mode is great. That is one of my favorite parts about this game. Also, I used the two month subscription to Xbox live. So if any of you want to get some games going I can. My screen name is FireBringer. I play as an elite with my logo being steel/crimson with the gradation from steel to crimson with the sword and wings icon.

Be ready, I am deadly with the plasma sword.

3. Sol_Badguy

Sol_Badguy Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 25, 2004
    I like the fuel Rod gun thing. The sword has too many flaws for my liking. since the badguys can become invisible, the sword is ok for them, but a master chief with the sword just wouldnt do it for me. My friend Michael already beat the game. Did you guys know they are already working on halo 3?

4. Sol_Badguy

Sep 25, 2004
    Ahhh.... I see you find flaws. Didnt quite "do it" for you in multiplayer as much as you thought it would? This just makes Doom 3 look nicer and nicer...
    *New countdown* 22 days till Doom 3 :D

I think I will just sit back and bide my time. [face_coffee]

5. Drakkor_Knightmoon

Drakkor_Knightmoon Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 22, 2004
    sol next time you reveal things about the story line in anything you have to put ***SPOILER*** for incase poeple dont want to know what might happen okay man?

6. Sol_Badguy

Sep 25, 2004
    Its not a spoiler man, Its just something that happens.
    I just thought it was funny when Michael said "Yah I beat the game and master cheif and this heretic alien guy became friends."
    Hope noone gets mad about that spoiler. Its not like it has an epic storyline or anything. People dont even realy play it for the story. They play it for the multiplayer. Its not like telling the whole twist on Metal Gear Solid or something.

Edit: removed all spoilers

7. eddie-wan-kenobi

eddie-wan-kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 14, 2003
    LOL!!! Sol, you took the "spoiler" out of your original post and put it right back in to your response to Drakkor. [face_laugh]

8. Mordtat

Apr 20, 2004
    I am enjoying the story line thus far. I have just finished the bit with the Alien. Now I am back with Master Chief.

Thank you for ruining the story for me. As of now I consider the story better than the multiplayer, atleast for the part I have played on Xbox live.

9. JediRiff

Jun 2, 2002
    Fett and I have beaten it. Awesome, awesome game. When everyone else has beaten it, lets discuss it. By the way, we did not receive another multiplayer board. At least, we couldnt find another one. :(

10. Sol_Badguy

Sep 25, 2004
    Everyone I have talked to hated the ending.

11. Lodreh

Lodreh Jedi Master star 4

Jul 2, 2002
    It's called a cliffhanger... get over it. The story is outstanding and leaves it wide open for HALO 3... which is a really good marketing strat... don't like it... then don't play it... but whatever you do stop bitching about it.

Lod-Reh SaJon ~
    "If you seek knowledge and understanding look to the Force.
    If you seek pain and suffering look no further than me."

12. Sol_Badguy

Sep 25, 2004
    Im not bitching, everyone else is, so chill out buddy.

13. JediRiff

Jun 2, 2002
    I dont see, nor have I seen anyone fussing about the end. The only thing I have seen were people wanting more, and thats nothing but pure marketing strategy gold. I give HALO 2 a 10 out of 10. Pure awesome, and no fat to it, nothing but lean, trim fun. :)

14. joe-da

joe-da Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 7, 2002
    What me see, and Fri. was me first viewing/playing, me like so far.

15. JediRiff

Jun 2, 2002
    Let me re-iterate something I mentioned before.... The tank is now VERY NASTY. There, I said it, go get em, Joe! :D

16. Mordtat

Apr 20, 2004
    I do not fear the tank. The tank and those that drive them fear me. I enjoy removing people from those mammoths of destruction.

My favorite part of the night was the first couple of games where Phillip is running his mouth about how good he is in a Ghost. I then proceeded to unseat him in his own ghost on many of occasions.

The best one I did was the time I removed him from the ghost and parked it for Ray to use to score the second flag in the Blood Gulch remake.

Phillip is our MVP!!

17. JediRiff

Jun 2, 2002
    Hey, thanks, Phillip! :D

By the way, that was an EXCELLENT bit of teamwork there, Mordtat. I walked out and you basically said, here you go, bud. Take off! :D

18. joe-da

joe-da Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 7, 2002
    Tank good. Good tank.

19. Mordtat

Apr 20, 2004
    ***SPOILER ALERT***

After beating Halo 2 I am stunned because it has left me wanting more. Now back to Sol's spoiler... You in a way ruined the story for some of us. However, you were wrong with the spoiler you had given us. Nothing you said was true in that spoiler.

Master Chief and the Elite are not friends in the future maybe but at the end of Halo 2 they are going and doing their own thing. I see them more as a forced cease fire. The Elite still considered Master Chief as a Demon and I think that it will be very hard for the Aliens to see the Humans in a better light. This also includes the Humans; I find it hard to think they will stop fighting each other and respect the Alien forces.

Think back on the Christian and Muslim problems... Religion is a deadly weapon and it is with Religion that the Aliens declare holy war upon the Humans. Unless there is a complete take over of power in the politics of the Alien Empire then there will be no love loss between the Aliens and the Humans.

So in the future do tell when you are speaking about spoilers and if you are going to screw our chance for a surprise ending at least have the balls to do it accurately.

Also, to get the Multiplayer battle map called Foundation, you must beat the game on ?SINGLE PLAYER? mode. I have already unlocked the map; it is about the size and construction as derelict but picture the map in a human warehouse.

Also, here is a slight Easter egg for you all. On the multiplayer map of Zanlandiar, if you go into the building and up to top floor of inside the building, you will see a terminal. If you press X you will see the fabled blue screen of death that we use to suffer when Windows crashed. So enjoy your new map and the Easter egg.

20. JediRiff

Jun 2, 2002
    Cool! I gotta try that. :) I am getting close to the end on single player, so I should have that unlocked soon. :)

******SPOILER ALERT COMING UP******

And yeah, the end leaves you hanging BIG TIME. But I love it, however, because it makes HALO2 alot like The Empire Strikes Back. I have also heard if you beat the game on Legendary, it will give you a date.... February 9. What this means, I dont know. But its gotta mean something, right? Possibly a release date for another HALO to finish things up, or the date for an announcement on HALO3, or something. Also, when you beat the game at the end, be sure to keep watching after the credits. Something happens.

21. Lodreh

Jul 2, 2002
    Finally had a chance to play it last night and completed it. I did not find the ending disappointing... however, like a majority of the fan base I really want HALO 3 now. To quote a friend of mine... the story "RAoF" ;).

Lod-Reh SaJon ~

22. JediRiff

Jun 2, 2002
    Yes it does. Something odd, though, is I have beat the single player version, as well, now. And yet no new multiplayer board. :(

23. Lodreh

Jul 2, 2002
    I think Foundation is the unlocked board... can someone varify that. When you go to change maps it was there but nothing noting that it was special.

Lod-Reh SaJon ~

24. Mordtat

Apr 20, 2004
    Foundation is the unlocked board.

I beat it on easy. *shrug*

25. JediRiff

Jun 2, 2002
    I beat it at normal, and it wasnt there. And yeah, Foundation is the one. Blast it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.