main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NSWRPF Archive Halo 3 : Finishing The Fight

Discussion in 'Non-Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by Darth_Vaders_cousin, Mar 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pheonix_Rising

Pheonix_Rising Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 17, 2005
    IC: Linda-058

Linda landed and hefted Medoza off her back. She unstrung her sniper rifle from her back and locked a clip in place, looking around she saw a total of four spartans; William, Frederic, John, and herself.

"About time you guys showed up..."

Linda smiled inside her ornage Mjolnir armor, "Thank you cheif, it's good to see you to..." she paused for a moment, taking in the mission, "What are my orders?"
    TAG: M.C.

2. Eme-ma_Himou

Eme-ma_Himou Jedi Master star 4

Aug 29, 2004
    IC: Will

The Spartan took out his magnum, made sure it was loaded. When faced against a Brute, you don't want to hear that dreaded "click" noise.

"Nice to see you again, Master Chief. It's been a very long time," Spartan 043 said with a salute, "You just returned from the Covenent, so do you know what they want?"

TAG: Master Chief

3. Rayson

Rayson Jedi Master star 4

Apr 10, 2002
    Lieutenant Commander David Quest
    New Mombasa; Drop Zone

Quest hit the ground, and primed primed his SRS99C-S2 AM. The Rifle felt warm in his hands, and the perspiration cool on his head. The drop zone was hot, red hot, and Dave dropped his hand back, searching the the reassurance of his Battle Rifle. Despite being infatuated with the Sniper Rifle, the BR felt too good in his hands to disregard.

The city showed a resemblance of old with new. The sky-reaching towers, the blackened streets, and the shimmering water gave the city a traditional feel. However, at the same time the long stretching bridge, pale blue streets, and the constant talk of the Covenant and lost loved ones gave the city a new, and almost dampened feeling of glee. The city one so happy and full of life had deteriorated since the beginning of the war, much like the rest of Earth's largest cities.

So many memories lost, Quest reflected, awaiting new-standing orders from the Master Chief, Spartan-117, whom he had encountered once before. The Spartan had saved Quest from a prison long, long ago, aboard a Covenant vessel. Though he doubted the Spartan would remember him, it felt good to be riding with such a well decorated officer. After all, the Spartan had recieved every medal in the service, except the PoW medal.

Tag: DVC

4. Slanir_Tezneech

Slanir_Tezneech Jedi Master star 4

Jul 5, 2005
    IC: PO 2nd Gabriel Mendoza

Petty officer Mendoze dropped off the Spartans back "Thanks for the ride" he turned to the other members of the small party and took his BR55 off his back and checked the ammo count, fully loaded. Strangely he hadn't noticed it yet but there was one Spartan that stood out, he quickly learned who it was though, he was in the presence of Spartan 117 the Master Chief, he smirked to himself then straightened up and looked more Marine like "Sir, whats the orders then" he looked around slowly surveying the area.

TAG: Spartans

5. Chukles38

Chukles38 Jedi Master star 5

Jun 10, 2005
    IC: Commander Justin Kindle

Justin steppe dout of his pod, slightly disoriented. HE still hated dropping in like that. It messed with his mind. He pulled himself back to the present quickly as he pulled his battle rifle onto his shoulder with a strap, made sure his pistol was ready to be drawn, and hefted his sniper rifle. He loved his job.

He quickly noticed the Spartans... for it was quite hard not to. He remained silent, just listening and taking in his surroundings. He noticed many decorated and respected soldiers standing there, the Master Chief among them. He felt good about this current campaign. It may be dangerous, and there would be casualties, but it would certainly be fun.

TAG: Any

6. SephyCloneNo15

SephyCloneNo15 Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 9, 2005
    IC: Frederic-104

SPARTAN-104 stepped out of the torso of the former Brute, brandishing his combat knife. The heavy left foot of the Spartan had shattered what was left of the alien's ribcage, and his right had rendered the head unrecognizable. There weren't many entrails left on his armor, the shields had fried most of what came into contact with his armor.

Immediately, Solipsil began asking questions and making complaints and obvious tactical observations. Frederic had heard about the heroic exploits of his old friend, but his most heroic action seemed to have been not aiming a Jackhammer Rocket Launcher at his head.

"Chief," he asked, "You've had an AI in your head before. How'd you like to take this one off my hands?"

Tag: 117

7. Darth_Vaders_cousin

Darth_Vaders_cousin Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 12, 2004
    IC: Spartan-117
    Old Mombasa -- Secured City Square

The Cheif let every one exit their pods and orient themselves to the surroundings before he spoke, and instantly, he was met with a flurry of 'what are my orders'.

That was the problem with soldiers today...to little creative thinking. Too much reliance on AI.

"Chief," he asked, "You've had an AI in your head before. How'd you like to take this one off my hands?"

He turned to face the Spartan, whom he deduced with Frederic, based on vocal tones...and the knife. Personaly, the Cheif didn't see much use for the knife, and close up he'd rather have a Magnum or a Plasma Sword, but, 104 saw things differently.

Truth was, he missed having the voices in his head. Cortana had helped him greatly during his recent battles, and it pained him to leave her on that God-Forsaken planet. He was trained against emotions, and that was good. In the past two weeks he'd gone through 2 or 3 squardrons of men and women...but Cortana had always been there for him.

He stuck out his hand for the hand-slap transferance made possible by the new Mark VI armor, and once he recieved the AI, he felt a bit better about his situation.

Finally, as the group seemed to settle down a bit, he spoke...

"From this point forth, the only chain of command is between us Spartan's and the rest of you. Free thinkers win wars. That being said, I have to tell you that I don't know what they're looking for. Hell, I don't even know why they came back to Earth...all I know is that we have to find what they're looking for before they do...Of course, to do so we'll have to figuer out what they're looking for. We've got two options. One, we find one of they're higher ranking warriors...a Brute most likely...and interogate them. Two, we find the ship I came in on, and use the lovely Solipsil to hack their mainframe and get the information. Either way we're facing extreme danger, and likely death. From there, using the information we've obtained, we either rendevous with Major Easley's force in New Mombasa, and commence a search, or risk contact over the radio's and continue the search on our own. Questions, Objections, Final words?"

Tag: All

8. DarthReven

DarthReven Jedi Youngling

May 8, 2005
    IC: " Sir,i say we hit the ship. Capturing a Brute could pose dificulties, but more importantly, i doubt it would work." He saw 104 and the knife, spining." Not that you guys arent skilled in such ops, but Brutes especialy are fanatics to their cause. A simple interogation might not work, and we dont have truth serum with us...."

TAG: The rest of the guys here.

9. Pheonix_Rising

Jul 17, 2005

Linda listened to the person speak, but she really wanted to give little paback for what the covenant had done to reach.

"Sir," she said to the MC, "I vote for capturing a brute."
    TAG: Anyone.

10. DARTH-bojangles

DARTH-bojangles Jedi Youngling star 3

May 1, 2005
    Captian Collin Harper
    New Mombassa-Drop Zone

Captain Harper stormed out of his HEV pod to see the chaotic workings of a battle for New Mombassa. His instincts took over as Collin made his way completely out leading with his SMG machine gun. A charging Brute fell under the quick repeating fire of the SMG.

Collin filtered in last among the group to hear who he just realized was the revered Master Cheif breifing the squad, "From this point forth, the only chain of command is between us Spartan's and the rest of you. Free thinkers win wars. That being said, I have to tell you that I don't know what they're looking for. Hell, I don't even know why they came back to Earth...all I know is that we have to find what they're looking for before they do...Of course, to do so we'll have to figuer out what they're looking for. We've got two options. One, we find one of they're higher ranking warriors...a Brute most likely...and interogate them. Two, we find the ship I came in on, and use the lovely Solipsil to hack their mainframe and get the information. Either way we're facing extreme danger, and likely death. From there, using the information we've obtained, we either rendevous with Major Easley's force in New Mombasa, and commence a search, or risk contact over the radio's and continue the search on our own. Questions, Objections, Final words?"

So he had been right in thinking that High Command was shooting in the dark on this Op. The sudden and unusual mobilization of forces by the UNSC had struck the Captain as very strange from the word go, but 'Cheif himself had just confirmed his suspicions.

The gathering of Information is the part in particular that intrigued Harper because that was the duty of him and his compatriots in the HellJumpers. To go behind enemy lines, bring back intel and blow up just whatever the hell you could along the way. They earned the nickname the 'Grasshoppers' of the 105th denoted by the small green bars Harper had he and his men wore after that business with the Covenant's first attack on Earth.

In this situation, the Captain was interested in finding that high-ranking Brute Officer.

Captian Harper had no questions, instead he simply checked his munitions, explosive ordance, and comm equipment then stood at the ready to move out.

TAG:ANYONE

11. Slanir_Tezneech

Slanir_Tezneech Jedi Master star 4

Jul 5, 2005
    IC: PO 2nd Gabriel Mendoza

Gabriel stared at the others while ideas went whizzing to and fro then waited for his chance to speak then finally announced his idea "If we go for the ship approach we have to take into factor what is still aboard and what could be gaurding it, but if we go after a high ranking Brute we have to consider the fact that there big, there strong, and he wont be alone, either way is as dangerous as the other but we have to choose one, i say the ship as if we succeed it'll give us an extreme edge over the Covenant, remember we can move around faster and throw down some heavy firepower, the question is, which ship and how do we get there" Mendoza took a quick breath then went quiet, for a pilot he was pretty smart and he hoped he they approved of the idea.

TAG: Spartans

12. Pheonix_Rising

Jul 17, 2005

Linda couldn't get the though of revenge out of her head, she was trained to get rid of, and hide her emotions, but this time they were just too overwhelming.

"John, remember Grace, the brutes will pay. Let's take one of them, I'd say that's the only safe way to go." she said.

TAG: Anyone.

13. Eme-ma_Himou

Aug 29, 2004
    IC: 043

Will jabbed his thumb in Linda's direction, "I agree with Green leader on this one, Chief. I also suggest we use her talents to take down the Brute: a couple sniper shots from a good distance away, managing to subdue the beast. Then John, Fred, and I can go in, pick him up, and bring him to a friendly zone."

The Spartan looked around to the rest of the group, "That sound a bit right? I'm new at these plan things..."

He let out a chuckle and stood from his perch on a broken down Ghost.

TAG: The Chief, Linda, Fred, rest

14. SephyCloneNo15

Apr 9, 2005

"I don't see why we couldn't try both," Fred announced, "We've split up before, and this time I don't think we have to worry about being glassed while you two," he gestured to Linda and John, "Were out blowing up Halo. I'd say you and Solipsil take the biggest ship you can. We'll fend for ourselves down here, and we'll catch ourselves a Brute in the process. Of course, your call, Chief."

Tag 117

15. Chukles38

Jun 10, 2005

Justin shook his head. "Brutes generally aren't brought down by a few sniper shots, and they don't give up. Chances are we'll kill 'em before we can get any useful information from him. Just a personal observation here. It's all up to the 'Chief anyways in my opinion."

16. Eme-ma_Himou

Aug 29, 2004

"Can't be brought down by a couple sniper shots? Obviously you haven't met our lovely Linda here... Do you think you can pull it off, Green Leader?"

TAG: Kindle, Linda

17. Chukles38

Jun 10, 2005
    IC: Justin Kindle

Justin raised his eyebrows and looked at the man. "Oh, I have no doubt that a few sniper shots can take them out. However, take them out enough for us to get it so that we can safely carry away a live Brute? No, they're a little to tough for that. Hwo knows though. Let's find out."

18. Pheonix_Rising

Jul 17, 2005

she activated the Spartan comm channel. 'Cheif, who do these marines think they are, dont they know who we are?' then she went back to normal, "I can take a brute to the ground in a single shot, I can incapacitate one with two, if you want me to make one def, well I can do that too."

Linda's temper was rising, no one had ever insulted her capabilities with a sniper rifle.

TAG: Kindle

19. Chukles38

Jun 10, 2005

Justin heard the irritation in her voice. Even those helmets couldn't mask it. "Forgive me. I meant not to insult your sniping capabilities. I honestly have never seen a spartan in action, and therefore cannot tell you whether or not I feel you are skilled enough or not. I also put little faith in the stories I hear from other marines, as they tend to be slightly embellished. Although, I knwo you to be more skilled than us, as you are all highly decorated soldiers. If you say you can do it, then fine. However, in my experience, even when I shot brutes in the head they didn't go down." Justin chose not to express his feelings about her slightly superior tone of voice. He figured that would be counter productive.

20. Darth_Vaders_cousin

Nov 12, 2004
    IC: The Cheif
    Old Mombasa -- Secured Square

Grinning to himself, he let his team debate the pros and cons of both options, as Solipsil was doing in his head.

Brutes are hard to take down Cheif...but if you're thinking the same ship I think you're thinking then there is no way you guys are going to live to tell the tale.

He turned his speakers off, so he could speak privately with the AI.

"Solipsil, people said the exact same thing about what I did on Halo."
    Luck.

Grinning, he turned his exterior speakers back on, and finally spoke. He figuered he had let them argue enough.

"We're not splitting up Frederic, I've already lost 3 people and an AI, I'm not losing anymore. I know the Prophet Regret is on that ship..." He said, nodding his head in the direction of the recently landed Forerunner ship, which jutted into the sky like a new space elevator. "So that's where I think we'd best look if we go with the ship. Personaly, I'd rather take a Brute, 'cause if we frag up, then we can take another crack at it. We frag up the ship, and that's it. Mission over. Not that I intend on messing up..."

21. SephyCloneNo15

Apr 9, 2005

"A prophet? The ship's allofasudden looking like a much more enticing target. I'd love to snap one of their scrawny little necks like you got to do on Delta." He thought, "And it's not a big deal if we frag up on the ship. Whatever the heck the Covenant want, it's important enough that they aren't gonna glass Earth. We screw up on this ship, which we won't, and another one will come. Seems like getting information out of a Covie computer with a smart AI will be a cakewalk compared to getting it out of a Brute. The only plus I can see to staying on the ground is that if we're down here, we can guarantee the Covies won't find what they're looking for while we're gone."

Tag: John, others

22. Darth_Vaders_cousin

Nov 12, 2004
    IC: Master Chief
    Old Mombasa -- Secured Square

"The only problem I can see Frederic is in something Cortana said to me before I left her..." He paused for a moment in her memory. "She said she was having a tough time with the AI on that ship...and Solipsil will agree that Cortana was the best hacker the AI program had."

Suddenly, everyones speakers and radios burst to life, playing hte synthesised voice of Solipsil.

"If it was giving Cortana a tough time...I'm not sure I can get past it. I could try...but I don't know. And, from what I gather, this is the LAST prophet, so it'll be extra guarded..."

23. DarthReven

DarthReven Jedi Youngling

May 8, 2005
    IC: Ayden O'Neil( had forgoten to add a last name....): "Lets say the Linda actualy disables a Brute. Then what? Poke him with a knife? We have no proper interogation gear, and even then its hard. Those Brutes, as i've said, are fanatics, and wont say a thing while you guys work on him. Belive me, my squad's tried before. He eventualy was able to take his own life by jerking during the interogation. " He paused. " Plus, think about our duty to the UNSC. Ther's a Prophet abaord the ship, and if we eliminate that S.O.B, we totaly demoralize, and posible destory covenant leadership. "

TAG Everybody

24. Eme-ma_Himou

Aug 29, 2004

The Spartan looked at Ayden then spoke, "Hey, Chief, kid's got a very valid point. I say we hit the ship with whatever we got."

TAG: All

25. Pheonix_Rising

Jul 17, 2005
    Linda-058:

"Im in, he does havea point," Linda smiled, "If these 'prophets' can't walk on their won two legs, then how the heck are they gonna run from us?"

TAG: Anyone

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.