VIDEO Halo 4

Discussion in 'Games' started by Darth_Invidious, Oct 2, 2012.

1. Darth_Invidious Chosen One

star 5
    Perhaps. I'm hoping that at least the classic Halo or MC themes will feature in one way or another.

New gameplay trailer:

Dear MS, 343i

[IMG]
  2. DarkEagle Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    FUD pt 4's awesomeness and badassery cannot be described with words ^:)^

Perfectly conveys the feelings when facing invisible, sword-wielding Elites.[face_nail_biting]
    Darth_Invidious and Chewgumma like this.
  3. Chewgumma Chosen One

star 7
    Not to mention is a clever way off keeping the CGI costs down. :p

Seriously though, it was a great episode. I was really skeptical about how FUD was going to look and feel, but they've done a really good job with the resources they were given. It really feels like a global invasion, and yet we've only seen two frigates, one or two elites and three jackals. They've cleverly used their resources to create something really big, when in actuality there isn't that much going on on screen.=D=

EDIT:

I felt the same way. But having listened to the Halo 4 soundtrack I think Neil Davidge is a great replacement and made a wise choice in going in his own direction rather than trying to copy Marty's style. While I don't think there is anything here that rivals the classic Halo theme he has produced stuff that is on par with Winter Contingency and the ODST theme, tracks that I absolutely adore.
    Last edited by Chewgumma, Oct 26, 2012
  4. Zeta1127 Force Ghost

star 4
    The first four parts of Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn have gotten better and better with each successive episode.
  5. Darth_Invidious Chosen One

star 5
    I really wish I could agree with you regarding the score. The few bits I've heard have left me cold.

Davidge's compositions aren't bad, but the tone of the score seems so drastically different from Marty's style. Too Hollywoody and not enough Halo-y. That's the best way I could describe it. I dunno, but I guess either that score will grow on me or it simply won't.
  6. BLemelisk Force Ghost

star 4
    I'm making sure not to listen to everything before I roll through that campaign on solo Legendary, but I have listened to "To Galaxy" and "Arrival." I think both were utterly fantastic. But they definitely don't feel super unique, but definitely capture some epic scifi scope.
  7. jediknightleia Force Ghost

star 2
    I'm getting but I still haven't preordered it [face_plain]
  8. Zeta1127 Force Ghost

star 4
    I definitely want to get this, even though I will still only be playing half a game, as I said earlier in this thread. Preordering just isn't something I do.
  9. BLemelisk Force Ghost

star 4
    One of my friends has a similar situation as you. But take heart, Halo campaigns have a level of replayability that I just normally don't see in other games, to be honest.

For some reason I find myself slogging through endless deaths to complete Halo campaigns on the toughest difficulties, they're pretty much the only games I do that with.
  10. Zeta1127 Force Ghost

star 4
    No kidding, I have done the "endless deaths" grind in order to beat Halo 3 and Halo 3: ODST on Legendary, and I just started Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary on Heroic. Skulls are also another facet of the replayability of Halo, though I sure can't handle Mythic yet. Splitscreen, a dying concept in recent years, is basically the only way I have to play multiplayer. I will definitely play many Halo games many more times to come in the coming years.

Halo has left a tremendous impression on me, since I finally got to play Halo games on a regular basis, instead of the likes of only briefly playing the first level of Halo 3, shortly after it was released, when someone brought it to school during my senior year.
    BLemelisk likes this.
  11. moosemousse CR - FF:UK South

Chapter Rep
    star 6
    I got an email this morning saying that my preorder with GAME was cancelled! :_| Turns out my card was declined so they cancelled the order. Cue frantic panicking and much searching on the internets for another copy of the limited edition. I found one but it was all a bit too stressful! :_|
  12. BLemelisk Force Ghost

star 4
    Limiteds in the US have been gone since late August practically. Except from Walmart, but they're overpricing it. Looks like standard edition for me.
  13. Chewgumma Chosen One

star 7

I hated when GAME did that with my N7 edition of Mass Effect 3 earlier in the year due to their stock issues. If I hadn't been vigilant and kept checking my order every day I wouldn't have got a replacement off of Zavvi.com, as most copies were sold out within 2-3 hours of GAME announcing that they were no longer stocking EA games.
    Last edited by Chewgumma, Oct 31, 2012
  14. moosemousse CR - FF:UK South

Chapter Rep
    star 6
    It wasn't actually GAME's fault, but I'm still unhappy it happened. I'd dropped my card outside a shop, someone handed it in, and the owner called up so it was cancelled.
  15. Darth_Invidious Chosen One

star 5
    IGN's Review.

:eek:[face_hypnotized]:D

I have to go vote come 11/6? Pfft. More important things to do that day. :p
    DarkEagle likes this.
  16. DarkEagle Jedi Grand Master

star 4
  17. Darth_Invidious Chosen One

star 5
    Fixed.
    ;)
  18. Adam of Nuchtern Force Ghost

star 4
  19. Chewgumma Chosen One

star 7
    How would microsoft be able to tell if an accusation of discrimination is true or not? Are they going to record what people say over headset? Are the people who are doing the reporting going to have to provide their own evidence? Or is it going to be a system that could be abused by trolls and sore losers? I love the zero-tolerance policy, I'm just confused how this is going to be enforced.
  20. BLemelisk Force Ghost

star 4
    I don't know about all that. I just know that when I am put into matchmaking and the yelling of pre-pubescent chatterboxes doesn't immediately fill my speakers, it's because there is a female voice present and everyone is desperately trying to hit on her.
    Last edited by BLemelisk, Nov 1, 2012
  21. Zeta1127 Force Ghost

star 4
    Who says you can't do both, go do your duty as a citizen of this great nation and vote early that morning, then go pick up Halo 4 and waste the rest of the day, no the rest of the week, away. Unfortunately, I don't have the luxury of wasting my week away, but I definitely intend to play Halo 4. I have a funny feeling there might be an extremely low turnout at the polls next Tuesday, more so than usual.

Somehow, people going nuts over a female voice on Xbox Live wouldn't surprise me one bit, and I haven't even ever played over Live.
  22. Darth_Invidious Chosen One

star 5
    I don't get to vote for the North American Temporary Emperor. However, it's good to know there will be one Chief I'll be hailin' that day and his name is John-117.
    Zeta1127 likes this.
  23. Zeta1127 Force Ghost

star 4
    All five parts of Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn are a masterpiece!
    Spazmatron likes this.
  24. Spazmatron Jedi Master

star 3
    Fly A pelican? Does that mean I don't have to play CE mods for that anymore! YES!

Also part 5 was amazing in forward unto dawn.

Kyler's death was so sad. Cortana looked amazing. Holy crap that's a lot of ships.
  25. Darth_Invidious Chosen One

star 5