VIDEO Halo 4

Discussion in 'Games' started by Darth_Invidious, Oct 2, 2012.

1. BLemelisk Force Ghost

star 4
    I just read the latest Q&A on 343's Waypoint blog.

The Mammoth won't be in multipayer like the Elephants were in 3's Sandtrap. :_|
  2. Zeta1127 Force Ghost

star 4
    Who knows, maybe they will take a leaf out of the Battlefield playbook and create a largest Halo map ever.
    BLemelisk likes this.
  3. Chewgumma Chosen One

star 7
    @Spazmatron Spoiler tags wouldn't have hurt. I was looking forward to the last episode.
  4. GenAntilles Force Ghost

star 4
    Really? I mean I'm not sure I would count that as a spoiler. I mean it was so obvious it was going to happen.

Show Spoiler
    I mean she had dead written all over her. She's a close friend of the main character, they began to have romantic feelings, he told her flat out she'd make it through this. The girl had a grim reaper standing over her for quite the long time.
    Spazmatron likes this.
  5. Darth_Invidious Chosen One

star 5
    Hey man, maybe it was obvious to you but it didn't seem that way to me. She could have made it out of that mess. One way or another, as Chewgumma so eloquently put it, a spoiler tag wouldn't have hurt.
    Last edited by Darth_Invidious, Nov 2, 2012
  6. Zeta1127 Force Ghost

star 4
    That's why I didn't even bother mentioning any specifics, at least until tomorrow, when people have actually got the chance to see it.
  7. GenAntilles Force Ghost

star 4
    True, I'm so use to war movie and war game tropes I know from the first five minutes who is going to live and who is going to die.
  8. Chewgumma Chosen One

star 7
    Like you I figured out what was going to happen already. But it would have still been nice to go into the episode not knowing whether the story would to break from convention or stick with what was being set up.
  9. BLemelisk Force Ghost

star 4
    Since we're throwing out spoiler tags for this instance: I'm upset her lips had to die too...:(
    Last edited by BLemelisk, Nov 2, 2012
  10. Spazmatron Jedi Master

star 3
    Sorry for not including the tags. Forgot.

Edit. Why the heck would you be on a Halo 4 video forum if you haven't seen it yet? My mind = blown. Bound to be spoilers...
    Last edited by Spazmatron, Nov 2, 2012
  11. Chewgumma Chosen One

star 7
    Perhaps to check for news on Halo 4 now that review embargo is up rather than talk specifics about Forward Unto Dawn?
    Spazmatron likes this.
  12. Darth_Invidious Chosen One

star 5
    I really liked the bit where Kelly and Fred "unmasked" themselves, showing the survivors they were slightly older kids but still kids just like themselves. Which begs the question as to why Chief had the rank, armor and voice he'd have 25 years hence instead of sounding a bit younger and less Kieffer Sutherlandish. :p
    Chewgumma likes this.
  13. Aragorn327 Manager Emeritus

star 6
    I'd been annoyed at the rank thing too. Not sure where my copy of Reach is, but someone pointed out he'd made it to Master Chief as of getting the Mjolnir armor (with the first deployment against the Covenant carrier where they lost the first spartan.) As they've got the armor, this takes place after that, so they're at least consistent.

They originally ran through it with the regular Chief voice actor, but it made the final scene too weird. With his voice and showing the other spartans as teens, they opted to go with the different voice. At least it was nowhere as deep/veteran-sounding as Steve Downes.
    Last edited by Aragorn327, Nov 3, 2012
  14. Darth_Invidious Chosen One

star 5
    Maybe the guy voicing MC is the same guy under the costume. At least he sort of sounded the same as he did back in X2.
  15. moosemousse CR - FF:UK South

Chapter Rep
    star 6
    Who else has got it? I'm having a blast with Spartan Ops, which was unexpected. It's pretty much like a small campaign in bit bite sized pieces. Perfect for when you want some Halo 4 action but don't want to do the campaign or multiplayer. My only gripe is that once you die you tend to die a lot more. If you die near the respawn point it's because there's bad guys there, so you respawn in the same place and die again. Oh, and there's an achievement for surviving a certain part in one of them, I didn't get it because I fell off the edge and died. [face_laugh] :_| [face_laugh]

Still, the campaign is excellent, the multiplayer is excellent, Spartan Ops is excellent, and everything else is excellent too.
  16. Aragorn327 Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Had some issues with Amazon--should be arriving today though.
  17. Darth_Invidious Chosen One

star 5
    I've no complaints, except that perhaps Skullless Legendary is not as punishing as in previous games. :p I guess turning them all on will provide a true challenge to some. I've been taking the campaign slowly since I want to get Legendary out of the way and so far I'm at the beginning of the fourth mission.

Now is it just me or has Chief uttered more lines in the first three missions of this game than he did in the previous three games? He even speaks to Cortana amid missions whereas before that only happened in cutscenes and Cortana served as the main narrator. It's funny and refreshing at the same time, since I really dislike playing mute ******** even in FPS.

I tried Spartan Ops last night and it is definitely refreshing. Far more fun than Firefight and nearly as punishing. I can probably get my MP jollies there since I’m not the biggest fan of standard Halo MP. But just a few days in, I can tell this is the kind of Halo game Reach should’ve been.
  18. Zeta1127 Force Ghost

star 4
    As I suspected, everyone was busing playing Halo 4 instead of posting here. I plan on getting Halo 4 soon, but I wasn't going to get a new game from GameStop if at all possible. So instead I finally got a used copy of Halo: Reach, since I couldn't find a new copy elsewhere and it was the last Halo game besides Halo: CE and Halo 2 that I didn't have.
  19. Mustafar_66 Force Ghost

star 5
    Played a couple of hours of it last night. Really enjoyed the opening and I'm looking forward to finding out what's happened in the four years since Master Chief went into cryo.

If I have one criticism it's that there's not very much ammo in the game...
  20. Darth_Invidious Chosen One

star 5
    Finished my Legendary run last night. That last mission is a pain in more ways than one, but the opening part certainly feels like a classic X-Wing mission, and you can't go wrong with a little Star Wars in Halo. :p

That said, I want Halo 5 NOW.
    Ulicus likes this.
  21. moosemousse CR - FF:UK South

Chapter Rep
    star 6
    Halo 4 multiplayer is not the same as previous Halo multiplayers. It has a lot of armour customisation like in Halo Reach, which I really like, and you change your starting weapons too. There's no really advantage in any of the weapons though, so it's not like anyone has an unfair advantage. The ordinance drops add a lot to it too. You get to choose from three random things when you've got enough points. Sometimes they're good and sometimes they're not but it adds variety and can help a lot if you get the right thing at the right time.
  22. Darth_Invidious Chosen One

star 5
    I'll have to disagree there, moossemousse. Newcomers to the game may find themselves in a very unfair disadvantage going up against higher leveled folks and the custom loadouts and armor abilities they may bring to any match. That can be solved by playing a lot of the standard MP and Spartan Ops but they may not know that at first.

Yeah, the game is more fast paced now and there's a lot of COD inspired elements to it all. But you know what? It still feels fresh regardless. Also feels much, MUCH more fun than Reach. But above all, it's still Halo.
  23. Sinrebirth SWC and EUC Forum Moderator

Manager
    star 7
    Question re: spoilers. Is it worth me waiting until Xmas when I get this, or shall I just spoil myself? :p
  24. Darth_Invidious Chosen One

star 5
  25. Ulicus Lit'ari

Manager
    star 6
    That was ****ing cool. I thought I was over Halo (hell, I held off from picking H4 up for like ten days!). Guess not. And, in this age of wondering what it means for canon/continuity when someone new takes over a pre-existing franchise, it's interesting that 343 have delivered something that treats the EU material with what seems to be great deal more reverence than the original showrunners did. (Reach was pretty much Halo TCW, let's be honest)

And the Legendary bonus scene made me cream myself.

Yeah, Halo 5 can't come soon enough.
    Last edited by Ulicus, Nov 24, 2012
    Darth_Invidious likes this.