VIDEO Halo 5: Guardians Coming to Xbox One

Discussion in 'Games' started by Lazy Storm Trooper, Jun 11, 2013.

1. Chance the Jedi Force Ghost

star 5

I doubt it. Throwing in 100 maps altogether from 4 different game engines sounds like hard enough work. It does sound nice though.

Is it weird that I'm mostly excited for this new "Nightfall" series? I wonder if it'll be on par with Forward Unto Dawn. Live-action Halo is always nice.
  2. TX-20 Force Ghost

star 4
    This is just something to whet the appetites for XBOne owners before Halo 5. I do wish Halo 2 Anniversary was also coming out for the 360 just so that you could have all the Bungie Halos on one console.
  3. Zeta1127 Force Ghost

star 4
    That's all I want at this point too, though I am interested in Halo 5.
  4. Darth_Invidious Chosen One

star 5
    You know what'd be one hell of an incentive for those still in the fence about jumping on the next gen bandwagon? MS could do an offer where by merely registering your gamertag - and after a scan of that plus your Halo Waypoint records to provide evidence of having played ALL Halo games before - they could sell you a customized Xbone at the regular retail price with the MC Collection preloaded at no additional charge. I'd jump on that in a heartbeat. :D
  5. TX-20 Force Ghost

star 4
    An Xbox One/Master Chief Collection bundle would be very nice.
    Darth_Invidious likes this.
  6. Ezio Skywalker Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    Has anyone tried the Master Chief Collection? I was looking at the comparison screenshots and they look quite nice. Reviews say that the remastered campaigns are a visual treat, but apparently the online multiplayer is broken. Something to do with packaging all those games and game modes into one bundle being too big a beast for the developer to effectively handle, plus matchmaking doesn't seem to be working right. But the single-player modes appear to be perfect.

I'm almost considering this purchase, as I haven't played Halo 4 and I was a fan of Halo 2's campaign (perhaps my favorite Halo game). Plus, I've been itching for a X1 title that lives up to next gen visual promises. To date, Ryse: Son of Rome is still the most visually pleasing game I've played on the console, and that game is more style than substance. Lately I've been going back to the 360 (the Walking Dead, Assassin's Creed: Rogue) for quality games.
  7. Darth_Invidious Chosen One

star 5
    Oh boy, you should visit the Halo Waypoint forums, if only for the entertainment value. They're evenly split between die hard fans willing to murder M$ / 343I for giving them a broken game (the issues extend beyond multiplayer) and a bunch of hopefuls that await the patches that may or may not fix the game.

But no, single player has issues too. Coop is also broken and very laggy. Checkpoint saves don't seem to be working all the time if at all (I.e., if you decide to save and quit during a mission, it's more than likely you will have to start the mission from the beginning if you want to resume it). I also saw a video in which a a Halo 4 mission was completely glitched to hell.

Yeah, this game was a reason to but the Xbone right now and, all of a sudden, it isn't. The inheritors of the Halo franchise found themselves unable to copy/paste four old games that would've rekindled the franchise and build anticipation for the new installment. It's very embarrassing, to be sure, and just one of the recent and most high profile examples of this Broken New Gaming Console Generation.

So no, don't buy just yet, if at all. But check YouTube out for the new Halo 2 Blur cutscenes. They look pretty awesome.
    Ezio Skywalker likes this.
  8. Zeta1127 Force Ghost

star 4
    I am more concerned with the Battle Rifle not having a scope in Halo 5, and Smart Scope diluting the importance of the mid range weapons in general.
  9. Darth_Invidious Chosen One

star 5
    Smart scope is apparently just a reskinned zoom, adding an unneeded ADS element to Spartans that should not need to do so.

Oh, and I'll just drop this here. Enjoy.

Ezio Skywalker likes this.
  10. Ezio Skywalker Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    Those cutscenes look amazing.
  11. Zeta1127 Force Ghost

star 4
    Those cutscenes don't mean much to me, because if anything they are a major reason why Halo 2: Anniversary isn't coming to the Xbox 360 so far.
  12. Darth_Invidious Chosen One

star 5
    I think it's very unlikely it'll ever make it's way to the 360. At least all the statements made so far have indicated that H2A will only be available in the MCC. After all, this collection was made to boost Xbone sales this holiday season. But it'd be one hell of a nice bone to throw to those of us still holding on to our 360s if it were released at a future date.
  13. Skywalker_T-65 Force Ghost

star 6
    I don't even see the cutscenes (awesome as they are) hurting its chances of being on the 360. It's the same company that made Halo Wars' cutscenes, and while there is noticeable improvement, its not out of the realm of the 360's capabilities.

More likely it won't be ported because this is something to boost the X-One.
    Darth_Invidious likes this.
  14. 07jonesj Force Ghost

star 4
    Those cutscenes aren't in-engine so the 360 would be able to run them just fine, I'd imagine. H2A could very easily be ported to 360, MS do not want it there.
  15. Darth_Invidious Chosen One

star 5
    Nope. Not when they want to phase out their older and more reliable system in order to push sales of their newer, buggier and underwhelming new toy. Yeah... :rolleyes:
  16. Ezio Skywalker Jedi Grand Master

star 4
  17. Darth_Invidious Chosen One

star 5
    Eh, it's what I've read here and there. Admittedly the 360 had its fair share of bumps during the first half of its lifetime. But since I don't have an Xbone (nor apparently will for the foreseeable future), I guess I'm not one to speak.
  18. Ezio Skywalker Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    I think the first generation 360 (all the way until the 360-slim :p) was more flawed. You yourself have gone through a few 360s due to malfunctions iirc. I've had the XB1 for almost a year now and the only notable problems were that the interface wasn't as efficient as the 360s (after almost a year of monthly updates though, they've improved the UI significantly), and that time when my Kinect burned out during a thunderstorm (though other people on the X1 forums seemed to have the exact same issue around the exact same time period, leading to the assumption that maybe while the console is designed to remain always on over 10 years, the Kinect is not).
  19. Darth_Invidious Chosen One

star 5
    Yeah, I went through too many 360's in my day. My last slim has behaved beautifully in the time I've had it, though. Silent and sleek. Which makes me wonder why MS gave us that fugly box as a replacement and when will they go around and redesign it.
  20. Ezio Skywalker Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    Half of the X1 is all fan and vent. It seems to me that they were trying to counter RROD issues by going overkill on the cooling system this time around.
    Last edited by Ezio Skywalker, Nov 20, 2014
  21. Zeta1127 Force Ghost

star 4
    Well, it almost seems like Halo Channel, especially Halo: Nightfall, and to a lesser extent Halo: The Master Chief Collection, are forcing me to embrace the Xbox One or Windows 8, in order to continue to be a Halo fan.
  22. Draconarius Force Ghost

star 4
    Is that really that big a surprise? No company is going to go out of its way to support (from their point of view) obsolete products. You don't see Sony or Nintendo throwing anything towards the PS3 or Wii.
    Last edited by Draconarius, Nov 20, 2014
  23. Ezio Skywalker Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    You could wait for Windows 10.
  24. Darth_Invidious Chosen One

star 5
    What for? M$ gave up quite awhile ago with PC gaming. Their focus, such as it is, is with the Xbone.

The vaunted patch went live yesterday and from what I've read the results are mixed. The single player and coop issues were ignored and multiplayer connectivity seems to be improved selectively depending on the player, their location and network conditions.
  25. Zeta1127 Force Ghost

star 4
    Oh, I know the games are basically only coming to the Xbox One at this point, with Halo 2: Anniversary being the only thing that has any shot at making it to the Xbox 360, but Halo Channel being exclusive is ridiculous.