main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"Halo: Reach" - Speculation, hopes and discussion.

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Kakkay, Jun 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    I honestly like Halo 3's security helmet more. It was so great to finally nail the original 49 'cheevos to unlock it. Reach's version looks more subdued. I don't know, it just doesn't look as badass.

I haven't played Custom Firefight in awhile, but IIRC it doesn't award you any creds, right?

2. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    You get 60 credits plus any credits earned for completing daily challenges, but that's it. I got the 1 million point achievement though, which was epic fun. I also got the daily challenge of 'get 400 kills' in that session.

3. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    Sorry for the double post, but this is bugging me. I'm trying to get the 'kill 7 moa' achievement and I'm stuck. Is it just kill 7 moa exactly and no more than 7 or is it kill at least 7?

4. -Phoenix-

-Phoenix- Jedi Master star 5

Oct 21, 2005
    It'll unlock when you reach 7, although I'm not sure if it's bugged since it feels like you have to kill more. The first level is the best place to do it, just make sure you get every one you see.

5. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
    And I think running them over with your vehicle doesn't count. You need to shoot/melee them.

6. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    This game was very good and was way better than the FU2 fiasco

7. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    I think it's pretty much a given that anything else that was released last year is infinitely better than FU2. :p

8. Chance the Jedi

Chance the Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 25, 2005
    New helmet? (Middle Spartan)
    [image=http://betacache.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/9/2011/02/xlarge_condemned_010.jpg]

9. DarkEagle

DarkEagle Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 10, 2009
    Whew, finally 1000/1000 (no map packs) and all 5 Avatar helmets :D

10. Chance the Jedi

Jul 25, 2005
    Everyone is enjoying the Defiant Map Pack, I assume?

11. -Phoenix-

Oct 21, 2005
    You know it! I think Highlands is my favourite big team map in Reach for sure. Condemned is nothing to complain about either and it's really nice having a new Firefight map more suited to vehicles.

12. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    I'm not crazy about Highlands. Oh, it's a really big and beautiful map, but unfortunately I find it to be a camping sniper's paradise, as it's full of way too many camping spots for a determined sniper to lay waste to people across a good chunk of the map. Condemend is ok too I guess. I've yet to play a Firefight game in Unearthed though.

13. Chance the Jedi

Jul 25, 2005
    I think Highlands might be my new favorite map in Reach. Oh, and if you're having a hard time getting the achievements... you could just obtain them in a Custom Game. Doesn't work for the Noble ones though.

14. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    Yeah, I found out about this yesterday. But you just can't setup any custom game. First, you have to pull the gametype from your temporary matchmaking history, since the achievement does requires a "matchmade" game. Then, all you have to do is setup the game. You can even hook up a spare controller and pull the achievements playing against your "guest" if you like.

Unfortunately, the only one I'm missing is the Oddball one; the gametype just isn't popping up anywhere these days. And on the rare instance it does -- just like Headhunter and Stockpile -- most people in the match would rather play damn boring Slayer for the Nth time. [face_frustrated]

15. -Phoenix-

Oct 21, 2005
    I jumped into multi-team for oddball, it's not too uncommon there. Luckily the achievements can be completed on any map.

But I totally get what you mean about Highlands. I think the only real problem is that the snipers respawn WAY too quickly. I think it's a 90 second timer or something, which means if I grab the sniper at the start of the match, I can usually just hang back at the base and keep refilling my ammo every time it gets low. So I can see that becoming frustrating. Maybe making the magazine size a bit smaller would also help, like having only 4 extra shots instead of 8. Same with rockets. Having only the two in the chamber(s) without any reload might be beneficial, since there are an awful lot of power weapons on that map and I think players should be more encouraged to work towards the center to grab things like the spartan laser or plasma launcher. If you've got relatively quickly respawning rockets sitting back at your base, it kind of makes them pointless.

16. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    Yes, I did notice that the snipers respawn way too quickly. But their magazine size seems normal. I think that it's the layout of the map itself, coupled with the ingenous use of certain features and the jetpack, which give snipers an unfair advantage. A decent sniper can make a killing field out of his immediate surroundings camping out in just the right spot.

I dunno, maybe I'm still sore because some guy the other day used me way too many times as a pin cushion. He netted himself 27 kills and zero deaths. I would've loved nothing more than to had ruined his Perfection run, but alas, neither my team nor myself seemed to be up to the task. [face_frustrated]

17. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
  18. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    This week's LASO challenge: Long Night of Solace (which can be read also as "Long Hours of Pain"), with a paltry payoff of only 14,000 creds. Anyhoo, I'm close to finishing it solo right now. If anyone needs a wingman for a coop run, hit me up.

19. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
    I get really annoyed with all the LASO weekly challenges. Can't they come up with something more attainable?

20. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    All LASO challenges are doable (I'm almost done with this week's), since the Iron skull is quickly neutralized by a quick save/quit the moment you die. There are plenty of walthroughs and videos posted at the Bungie.net forums to help you on each of them.

I saw one video the other day where a guy did a speedrun on Pillar of Autumn, clocking at about 29 minutes. Nothing short of jaw-dropping incredible.

21. Chance the Jedi

Jul 25, 2005
    I don't bother with the LASO challenges anymore. The LASO challenges literally take the same amount of time trying to get 14k credits in multiplayer matchmaking.:p

22. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    I suppose that's true, but I just don't care that much about multiplayer. I've never has the mad skillz needed to be "good" there. And it's the challenge that makes it fun for me, regardless of the credit payoff.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.