"Halo: Reach" - Speculation, hopes and discussion.

Discussion in 'Games' started by Kakkay, Jun 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Invidious Chosen One

star 5
    Marty O'Donnell will probably go the ODST route here too: produce completely original music with little to no themes harkening back to previous soundtracks. I figure we'll only hear classic Halo tunes on the latter levels of the game that refer to the MC or the Pillar of Autumn escaping Reach, and that's if these elements do pop-up in the plot.
  2. GCX-15 Jedi Youngling

I hope it's designed like the first three games maybe by the same people.
  3. plo_koom Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I'm told Bungie is split up into two teams these days. Joe Staten and the older guys at bungie were mostly responsible for Halo:CE, Halo 2 and ODST, Harold Ryan and everyone else produced on Halo 3 and are making Reach.
  4. Chewgumma Chosen One

star 7
    This is probably true, but I infinitely prefer the Halo main theme being used to announce the arrival of Spartans. Halo Wars proves this quite effectively IMO, the first time you hear the Halo theme used (excluding the title screen) is when you first see a Spartan. Then a pumped up orchestral version is used much later in the game, right at the end of the campaign actually, to punctuate a a huge fight between three Spartans and a lot of Elites. Put bluntly, the theme song is a brilliant audio cue for opening a can of whoop ass. :p
  5. Darth_Invidious Chosen One

star 5
    Yeah, the Spartan theme (i.e., the one prominently used at Halo 3's end game "trench run") should sound at least once during the game, but not so the actual "Halo" theme (the gregorian monk chant) since you shouldn't encounter a Halo during that game...or do you? I figure one possibly Legendary Ending cutscene is a remake of Halo: CE's opening, with the Pillar of Autumn's encounter with the first installation 004, a way for Bungie to bring the saga full circle and a final curtain bow of sorts.
  6. plo_koom Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Has everyone checked out the leaked screenshots? I'm posting URLs because some people might consider these spoilers. I certainly wish the needler rifle had been left a surprise. Yes, I realise these pics are old.

http://www.upload3r.com/serve/070110/1262927890.jpg

http://www.upload3r.com/serve/070110/1262927964.jpg

http://www.upload3r.com/serve/070110/1262928046.jpg

http://www.upload3r.com/serve/070110/1262928070.jpg
  7. Chewgumma Chosen One

star 7
    I wonder if those screenies were an Alpha build of Reach. You can't really see that much but the engine in these screens look remarkably similar to the one used for Halo 3, there is even a shot with the rather ugly angular enviroments, and the spartans look rather Chiefy.
  8. Psycho_Sith Jedi Master

star 4
    The February issue of Game Informer is gonna have a 10-page spread on Reach, fyi kiddos. ;)
  9. Darth_Invidious Chosen One

star 5
    Good, we need more info soon in order to tide us over 'til the next trailer.
  10. -Phoenix- Force Ghost

star 5
    Ask and ye shall receive.

The new Game Informer info on Reach has been scanned onto the Internet so we can all rejoice. I'm currently speechless at some of the new things, so maybe I'll put my thoughts together a little more coherently later. But for now, :eek:
  11. Darth_Invidious Chosen One

star 5
    *looked at the linly link*

[face_plain]

o_O

[face_frustrated]

yeah...
  12. -Phoenix- Force Ghost

star 5
    Not happy with the news?
  13. Darth_Invidious Chosen One

star 5
    You're a funny guy...that or you copied the wrong YouTube link. :p
  14. Psycho_Sith Jedi Master

star 4
    Just go here and scroll down; there's a good breakdown of all the important news from the GI story:
    http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-4151-Halo--Reach-Details-Spilled-In-Latest-Issue-Of-Game-Informer.html

I'm stoked on it so far.
  15. -Phoenix- Force Ghost

star 5
    AAHH!! I never even realized it but you're right, it's the wrong one! I'm so sorry! [face_laugh]

I had been using the other one as a joke earlier.

THIS is the real one.

Again, my apologies. [face_laugh]
  16. Darth_Invidious Chosen One

star 5
    No harm, no foul dude. All's forgiven. Especially after reading the article. I think -- I hope -- this game will be full of win from start to finish.
  17. -Phoenix- Force Ghost

star 5
    Ha, yeah, all the news sounds very interesting to say the least. But man, what are the odds that this became some kind of awesome unintentional joke. :p
  18. -Phoenix- Force Ghost

star 5
  19. Sarge221 Force Ghost

star 5
    And to add to this we have the finalized Halo: Reach box art:

[image=http://cache-01.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/9/2010/02/500x_untitled-4_01.jpg]
  20. Darth_Invidious Chosen One

star 5
    Wow, finalized box art so soon? Thought we'd have to wait a few more months into the year for that one.

Now...where's the next trailer??
  21. -Phoenix- Force Ghost

star 5
    Does the new ViDoc count?

I want to just say, as a Halo fan, that blew my mind. Completely.

-Elites are king again? Check.
    -Grenade Launcher? Check.
    -Halo 1 pistol? Check
    -Brutes are still around? Check.
    -Badass Assassinations? Check.

The ViDoc really shows the upgrades in the assets of this game. And gentlemen, I think what we have here is another GOTY contender.
  22. Rytar_Drak Jedi Youngling

I'm getting sick of Halo. That whole thing with the small funny aliens and holy comical big aliens seems kind of insignificant and outdated now.
  23. Reynar_Tedros Force Ghost

star 6
    That's a sweet cover. With Red Dead Redemption, Crackdown 2, and now Reach, this has been an excellent week for cover art unveilings.
  24. Leto II Jedi Master

star 6
    This year's turning into a freakishly huge one for total Xbox "AAA" console exclusives (unlike 2009) -- Halo: Reach, Fable III, Alan Wake, Crackdown 2...the list goes on.

Looks like Microsoft plans on living up to their promise from last year.
  25. plo_koom Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    :eek:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.