main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"Halo: Reach" - Speculation, hopes and discussion.

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Kakkay, Jun 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. APOLLO608

APOLLO608 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 18, 2010
    I cannot seem to find the Halo 3 thread or a thread that may catch someone's attention so I think I'll post it here.

I can't sleep, anyone up for a few Halo 3 matchmaking games in social? My gamertag is the same as my username.

On-topic: I can't wait 'till the online demo of Reach.

2. _Spartan-117_

_Spartan-117_ Jedi Master star 4

Aug 5, 2008
    Yeah, they are closing(or have closed) the online with halo2. :_|

Halo 2's sniper rifles were cooler.... :(

3. APOLLO608

APOLLO608 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 18, 2010
    I would love to be able to do "superbounces" in Reach and I hope they consider remaking all the Halo 2 maps.

4. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    I think if you want superbounces, you'll have to settle for the jetpack.

As for Halo 2 maps, I do hope they finally remake Ascension and Colossus this time around. Those were some of the best maps back then. And they could remake a Reach-themed Turf as well.

5. Aragorn327

Aragorn327 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2001
    Ascension would be great again. Sounded like most of the maps were going to be based on campaign locations, so maybe no remakes 'til a map pack?

6. JasperMereel_

JasperMereel_ Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 20, 2006
    So what vehichle are they making to be able to be used?

7. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    Yea, in all likelihood any classic Halo remakes will probably be done for future expansions, since Reach will most likely feature maps based on the campaign or just other Reach locales. Therefore, there should be no Covie or Forerunner inspired maps...unless, of course, the campaign has Noble Team stumbling upon some of the hidden Forerunner facilities buried within Reach.

As for vehicles, the trailers have shown a weaponless Warthog variant, plus old classics like Ghosts, Banshees, Wraiths and Scorpions. I figure the Falcon chopper will be as driveable as the previous Pelicans...as in not at all :(.

8. -Phoenix-

-Phoenix- Jedi Master star 5

Oct 21, 2005
    The Falcon has actually been confirmed as both a Campaign and multiplayer vehicle, so it's the one I'm looking forward to the most.

And the last Reach ViDoc showed a brief clip of a map inside a purple Covenant-themed structure, so there will be multiplayer map variety, and it also implies the inclusion of some Covenant locations in the Campaign.

9. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    Maybe the purple themed structure is the Swordbase map? As for the Falcon, I hadn't heard it'd be a driveable vehicle. As for its role in the campaign, I figured it was meant to serve as a replacement to the ol' Pelican. If it is a driveable vehicle for MP, it'll definitely make for some interesting objective or CTF scenarios.

10. -Phoenix-

Oct 21, 2005
    One of the updates I believe actually made sure to cover the fact that the purple location shown in the ViDoc would not be playable in the beta due to it being another map.

But yeah, the Falcon opens up a whole range of questions and possibilities, and a lot of the guys in the Bungie forums were going bananas asking questions about how many people it might be able to hold, power level, etc.

11. zacparis

zacparis VIP star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 1, 2003
    Anyone seen the live action trailer for the Beta yet?

I didn't realise it started so soon, May 3 is creeping up fast. :eek: *dusts off Halo ODST*

12. _Spartan-117_

_Spartan-117_ Jedi Master star 4

Aug 5, 2008
    QFT, they need to have Halo 1's Chill out and Halo2's Coagulation maps. Those were fun.

13. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    Isn't Chill Out Halo 3's "Cold Storage"? If so I doubt they'll be porting it to Reach yet again. I WOULD rather like a new render of a Reach-themed Bloodgulch, though. No matter how much Bungie would say otherwise, though Valhalla is Bloodgulch's spiritual succesor, it'll never be as good as the original thing.

14. Aragorn327

Aug 20, 2001
    Bungie's signed a 10 year deal with Activision to be their sole publisher for future IPs. Bungie will retain ownership of the IPs, at least.

Link.

15. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    I guess Bungie can do whatever they like, I suppose. But still, it disheartens me a bit to see them making a deal with a so-called devil like Activision. I hope though they made a better deal (and remain truly independent at the end), unlike the one the former folks from Infinity Ward signed back in the day.

16. Reynar_Tedros

Reynar_Tedros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 3, 2006
    The Bungie/Activision deal: What it means

17. Jedi_Hunter_505

Jedi_Hunter_505 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 1, 2004
    Has anyone here gotten a Reach beta code yet?

18. -Phoenix-

Oct 21, 2005
    Not me, but there's lots of videos on B.Net of early players.

19. Jedi-Anakin-Solo

Jedi-Anakin-Solo Force Ghost star 6

Dec 26, 2001
    Microsoft ExpertZone (a reward site for employees of stores that sell Microsoft products) was giving away codes, but a bunch of people created a ton of illegitimate accounts and the codes "ran out" and I didn't get one. :(

20. zacparis

Sep 1, 2003
    Why are people around the net so desperate to get beta codes? Do they just not have the ODST disc?

21. MariahJSkywalker

MariahJSkywalker Poopoo Head star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2005
    I did a playtest for MS and one the participants picked the ODST game as his gratuity so he get into the beta.:p

22. Aragorn327

Aug 20, 2001
    They still need the disk, but the code lets you start a weekend early.

23. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    Considering I got too much crap to do over the weekend in order to enjoy early access, I will savor Monday morning's DL of the beta...too damn bad I gotta work most of the day though. [face_frustrated]

24. zacparis

Sep 1, 2003
    A few days early? For a beta? Oh man. :p

25. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    "For a beta?" you ask. A mere beta? No. Not just a beta, philistine! IT'S HALO!! :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.