Halo - The Movie (Possible Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Films and Television' started by MasterP, Jan 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yodas-evil-twin Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    They gould use hydraulic robots for the Elites.
  2. MasterP Force Ghost

star 7
    Elites are 8'4. I'm not sure about the Brutes. It doesn't matter the size comparison to the Chief, because the Chief > all.
  3. Jedi_Master_Conor Manager Emeritus

star 6
    obviously :p
  4. Syntax Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Elites are WAY taller than Master Chief. I've got a pair of to-scale Halo2 action figures, one of the Chief, one of the Arbiter. The Arbiter is a full head taller than Master Chief, and the Arbiter is hunched over.
  5. Beowulf Force Ghost

star 5
    MC is GREATER than all, but he's still shorter than Elites, Brutes, and Hunters. Everybody else though he towers over like Shaq at a kindergarden playground.
  6. Jedi_Master_Conor Manager Emeritus

star 6
    i hope we start getting news on casting and filming soon. seeing as they have to start filming by august the latest if they want to shoot for a July 2007 release date
  7. MasterP Force Ghost

star 7
    There are Halo action figures?
    I never knew that.
    Where can you get them?
  8. Beowulf Force Ghost

star 5
    Chances are, without a director at this point, Halo will be pushed back 1 year or more. Hopefully they'll find a decent director. Joss Whedon would do well, I think, especially with WETA backing him. Other than that...who knows. IMDB says Guillermo Del Toro is set to direct, but what Bungie has said is that GDT is in talks with PJ to direct, but most likely won't because he wants to do Hellboy 2. SO the director could be anyone.
  9. -Phoenix- Force Ghost

star 5
    Hunters are 12 feet tall. I <3 Hunters.
  10. Beowulf Force Ghost

star 5
    I hate Hunters with a passion...mostly because I have only two rockets and no Marines to use as fodder when I come across them...
  11. plo_koom Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Hunters are sort of easy to kill if you have the right weapons.

By the way, they are 14 feet tall at ease and 8 feet tall when dropped into their combat stance.

Bungie hinted in one of their updates that Hunters are going to be a lot more complex in the upcoming Halo novels/movies/games/graphic novel. Considering they've switched sides, they might actually have some depth and we might even end up with a Hunter character.
  12. Jedi_Master_Conor Manager Emeritus

star 6
    the hunters would have to be almost completely CGI unless they're willing to make a couple robot Hunters
  13. redxavier Force Ghost

star 4
    I found a method of killing them quite early on with the first game and it never fails. Circle around them with any fast firing weapon, lure them into doing their melee charge/attack, and smack them in the back. Repeat 2-3 times.

But that's way too easy, and it's quite boring now, so my rule is now 'no firing'. I still love them.

Sounds good. Although I disliked the notion of playing as the Arbiter in the beginning, I've grown quite fond of him now, and playing alongside the hunters was a treat.
  14. JediTrilobite Force Ghost

star 7
    Depending on the level that you're on, and if you have plenty of ammo, an assault rifle will work fine, provided that you hit him in the right place and smack him a couple times.
  15. MasterP Force Ghost

star 7
    Just circle behind them and shoot them in their orange spot. They go down faster than Grunts.
  16. Beowulf Force Ghost

star 5
    True...but then again, I haven't played Halo or Halo 2 in many many moons.
  17. plo_koom Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    You all realize one shot from the pistol or SR will kill them right? Whats all this about meleeing and AR ammo? Melee a hunter is great fun, though. Surprisingly they also go down to the plasma rifle because their armor doesn't block them.
  18. Beowulf Force Ghost

star 5
    One shot on the easiest difficulty yeah, but on Legendary, no way.
  19. Penguinator RPF Modinator and Batmanager

Manager
    star 6
    Hunters are really symbiotic worms. It's true!

20. MasterP Force Ghost

star 7
    No, you can take them down with anything that has a scope in one shot. Even if it is on Lengendary. It's just on Legendary when they fire at you with their fuel rod you'll go down faster. So you only need to avoid that while circling them.
  21. -Phoenix- Force Ghost

star 5
    Yeah, on any difficulty, one pistol shot to the back of their orange mid-section will bring them down. It's a shame, really. I think it makes them too easy. Running over Hunters in a Warthog is fun.
  22. Jedi_Master_Conor Manager Emeritus

star 6
    i really hope we hear word on the director status of the movie soon. i wonder if since PJ is Executive Producer will Fox and Universal will ask him to take the director's helm. i wouldn't mind that.
  23. plo_koom Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    There's a few excellent movie trailers out there(made from gameplay).

http://www.thatweasel.tv/video_single.php?vId=8

http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php?id=1605&type=wmv&pl=game

Really pumps you up for the movie don't it?

EDIT: The tags made them invisible for some reason.
  24. Jedi_Master_Conor Manager Emeritus

star 6
    i'm excited for this movie but i'm worried that we haven't heard much about it in the past couple months. if they're still shooting for a Summer 2007 release date they'd have to start filming soon by August at the latest
  25. plo_koom Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    EDIT: Much better.

Did anyone else read the script review for Halo:CE?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.