main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NSWRPF Archive Halo: TODAY

Discussion in 'Non-Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by Sanctimoniously, Apr 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vangarian

Vangarian Jedi Master star 4

Mar 9, 2003
    In Game: Febuary 25, 00:15 military time, Hurlburt Field, FL.

An AC-130U taxied towards the end of the runway at Hurlburt Field. The crew was ready for a live fire mission and was spoiling to give the cuvvies some pay back for the demise of New Orleans.

"Spirit-5. You are cleared for departure. Godspeed."

"Roger that. Spirit-5 outbound," spoke the Gun Ship's pilot.

The AC-130U's turbines accelerated and the pitch climbed as the Spooky rolled down the runway faster and faster. A few seconds later the wings carried the plane up into the blackened sky, bound for Norco, Loisiana.

Febuary 25, 00:15 military time, USS Ronald Reagan on station on Lake Ponchartrain, LA.

Major Todd Stephon Michaelson, walked briskly to his VM-22B Osprey tilt rotor. The call had come. They had found the downed cuvvy shuttle. Better yet the Seals who found it reported it was loaded with a large assortment of cuvvy weapons. These included many that were not plasma spitters, but rather Fuel Rod Cannons and other non energy projectile weapons. The catch was that they had also come across cuvvy recon teams. They took out four of them, but it was expected that more would be on the way shortly. Interestingly enough, there was another shuttle that landed to the west of the refinery in perfect condition. This opportunity was one in a million. To get a Combat Shuttle in perfect working condition was...too good to pass up. They had to get it now!

Navy Sea Bees with their equipment and US Marine Recon Units were boarding the VM-22Bs of Valkry Squadron. The extraction was a go!

TAG Deiskrad:

OOC: Its your turn!

2. Vangarian

Mar 9, 2003
    Febuary 24, 23:40

In Game:

The cuvvies from the hood took the bait but were cagy about how they did. They leap frogged in with their Squats and were wolves...no more like an Archaeopteryxes on two feet now that he viewed them thru binocs, providing some cover for the squats. Two Archees were back with two Team leaders, kneeling and at the ready to fire their weapons at whoever fired at them should they pop up again. The Archaeopteryx-the kneeling ones excluded-each had energy shields that eminated from a device on each of their right wrists. Estiphon decided it was time to take out the obvious leaders in the rear. Intel had informed SOCOM units that these were Elites with energy shields that regenerated. So they would have to be taken out very hard. The lead group was almost in the kill zone.

"Bowie and Mo... On my signal, I want you to take out the gun toting guards to the rear. Spooky and Todd... On the same signal I want you to target each of the hoofers with your mercury rounds. They have energy shields, so keep it up until they drop. Bowie and Mo will be backup on the hoofers after they finish up with the guards. Buyers let us know when they're good and in the kill zone. The rest of you join me and target the kill zone crowd and make me proud to be a SEAL because these are the Bas@%#^* that killed many thousands of our nations citizens and they deserve to die for it," said Estiphon.

Five seconds passed.

"Kill zone," whispered Buyers.

"Blow 'em away," Estiphon said.

Each target jerked, spasmed, collapsed, and dead very quickly. The cross fire technique was still the best.

The toothy bird like heads of the guards turned to red mist as the world of the Elite ones turned upside down. The hoofers lasted the longest but still died.

Sutton's Second Platoon in orchestration with Estiphon's plan moved to the tree line north of the field by way of Third St. With three AS 50s, four Six Packs-loaded with Mercury rounds-the fight looked to be pretty decent.

Then came the plasma fire from the Drop Shuttle. That put a bit of a crimp on the fire fight. Struthers inside the Administration building fired an AT4 CS at the now hovering Drop ship and hit its anti-gravity field between its forks. Detonation flash with an AT4 rocket warhead is always something to behold. With its anti-gravity field disrupted, the dropship wobbled and then dropped hard back to ground no doubt stunning the pilot inside. The plasma cannon spoke no more, stranding the now hapless recon teams in the killing field. They died, same as the others.

The Shuttle count was now two. Estiphon seeing the possibilities radioed Glass Eye with the news. He then looked up in the sky and called in for IMMEDIATE AIR SUPPORT and an AIR DROP OF SUPPLIES AND A CHRSTMAS LIST OF WEAPONS. The cuvvies had just upped the ante!

OOC: Well, I'd love to stay and fire fight, but somebody else is going to have to do that for a little while. Ahem I hope somebody got my message on the Norco Map. [face_whistling]

Tag: Sanctimoniously/Deiskrad, Anybody! Please! Hey how about some old hands who dropped? Come on back! [face_praying] I don't hear no Fat Lady Singing! We need fresh players too!!

3. Deiskrad

Deiskrad Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 22, 2004
    LPC: Covenant Elite. commanding force tasked with recapture or scuttling of downed shuttle

"Be aware that we are not attempting to recapture the dropships." The Elite said on the command channel. His troops, 36 soldiers, mostly consisting of Unggoy and Kig-Yar, although there were 8 hardy and experienced Sangheili; could all hear him, even though they were spread out across two separate dropships.

"We'll land in this field here. We'll move out in four echelons and sweep towards the crash site area. Keep alert. At least two other teams have been eliminated attempting to do what we're doing. So they summon us. We'll get the job done."

There was an ululation of enthusiasm across the comm-net. His soliders were tough, wary and aggressive. It wouldn't be the first time they were called in to fix a broken situation. Why else was this elite wearing the red armor.

"we shall have Air support on call from the dropships, and a couple of Banshees. They'll be circling the area. So we'll shoot and maneuver our way in. Set the charges to scuttle the downed dropships, and perform an extraction under fire if necessary."

He turned to a trusted Kig-Yar, crouching slightly to address him face-to-face. They respected each other immensely.

"I'm going to task you with leading the troops while we attempt our maneuver. Make the humans think you are leaderless, but make sure you fight well enough to hold their attention."

The Kig-Yar nodded, and let out an enthusiastic bark.

The Elite rose and tested his Active Camouflage. The Red-armored elite faded from sight. He deactivated it, satisfied. He ordered his Sangheili troops to test theirs as well. They did so and sounded off that the systems were in working order.

"Any Questions? Good."

There was a slight rumble and the spirit dropships hit the ground. The ramps opened and the Covenant deployed, the elites activating their Camouflage and disappearing from view. Two Banshees moaned above them, in overwatch positions around a human chemical plant.

They struck out immediately, the elites well behind their troops as they moved against the crash site, whose silhouette stood out in their enhanced viewing modes. Gripping their weapons alertly, the Covenant soldiers began to move towards their target.

TAG: Vangarian

4. Vangarian

Mar 9, 2003
    "When in a prolonged fire fight situation, it is best to alter tactics to throw an opposing force off balance. To be solid in one or two exchanges is acceptable, but never a third time when your facing an enemy that can communicate a former tactic's inadequacy, if only by their own bodies lieing on the field of battle. Then comes the time to be fluid and thus unpredictable. What we intend to do, is teach you to be to Small Unit Strategy and Tactics, what Bruce Lee was to one man against many, martial Arts Combat."

Lt. Cmdr. Anthony Ramone Estiphon never forgot those words when they were spoken to him by one of his Instructors, Kelly O'Brian during his time in SEAL Qualification Training. Nor did he forget it now!

Instantly Estiphon snapped orders to his men.

"Listen up! We've got more incoming enemy troops by two Drop Ships. Voodoo, Buyers and Rip They've got two fighter sized air assault craft. Break out the Stingers but wait for my order to fire on them first. Struthers how many more AT-4 CSs do we have on hand?" asked Estiphon."

"Three sir, he answered"

"Get them ready for the Drop Ships! I'm sending someone to get one of them!" he ordered.

"Aye-Aye, sir," he answered

"Xima get one of those AT-4s from Struthers. Then your coming with me!" he yelled.

"Aye-aye, sir

"Voodoo get the C-4 blocks and the remotes. Pair 'em up and set them to the same frequency for detonation. Set them on those five closest natural gas silos to the approach from the cuvvy troops. When you've finished get back here with me," he said.

"Aye-aye, sir," said Voodoo.

Estiphon recalled his SEAL Instructor's warnings and that of SOCOM during covenant intel orientation.

"Bowie get me a visual on them as soon as they exit give me a head count... Mo, give me a confirmation count in infrared," spoke Estiphon in his mike.

"Sutton, we're splitting up and heading west. You by land. Me by river."

"What's the plan skipper?" asked Sutton.

"You're going to take the best of the cuvvy weapons your platoon found in the downed drop ship and take them for use in combat against their troops that are coming down west of here. You are to take your C-4 bricks with detonators and booby trap the administration building, hurry we're running out of time," Estiphon ordered.

"Sir, we've found a couple of Fuel Rod Guns, some Particle Beam Weapons and a Scarab Gun. Will those suffice?"

"Hell yeah they'll do! Take them to your Hummers for the transprtation west. We're going to capture some more dropships just like the Vietcong used to down American Helicopters back in 'Nam," said Estiphon.

"Skipper I like the way you think big," replied Sutton.

"Alright just do it we're on a time schedule,"

"Aye-aye, sir!" returned Sutton.

By the time the cuvvy drop ships landed, the booby traps were in place, both in administration and the five natural gas silos. The cuvvy units were approaching the refineries in four echalons at a fast march. He'd wished he had clamores to capitalize on that mistake that the cuvvy's were making. Estiphon was about to call his platoon in for withdrawal to the boats down by the Miss, when Bowie and Mo approached. They looked spooked. Estiphon frowned.

"What's up?" he asked.

"Sir," said Mo "there's an indiscrepency with our counts of the latest cuvvies".

"How so?" he asked.

"I count 37 enemy troops," replied Mo.

"When I counted using starlight," said Bowie "I counted 26. So I set mine to Thermographic sight and then I counted 37 too!"

"Estiphon to all DEVGRU units! Set all available AS 50 Thermographic sights to on. Sutton you read that?" he nearly yelled.

"Aye, sir," Sutton answered.

"All units, the cuvvies have high tech cloaking for nine of their troops, probably hoofer leaders. I'd say they're on to our earlier tactics of ambush. Split up and travel west according to plan for our next move. Sutton take Third Street west. As soon as you spot the cuvvies entering the administration building, give me word so that we can hit our buttons sim

5. Deiskrad

Sep 22, 2004
    LPC: Sangheili Major commanding Covenant Lances, Arco Louisiana

The Sangheili commander initiated a 35% map overlay on his HUD. Data from the starships fed him the location of the downed vessels, and the location of the two lances that had attempted previously to scuttle the downed dropship. They lay, their bodies cooling in a march formation. Whatever the humans had hit them with had been so fast and so hard that they didn't even have time to properly deploy. The Elite major worked it out in his mind: The humans lured them into a crossfire, and the inexperienced troops didn't even have the sense to check for ambush. The humans then took out the Sangheili, leaving the rest of the troops leaderless and flailing. Probably shooting at everything and hitting nothing of consequence. Then the humans took down the rest of the lances at their leisure. Rinse and repeat.

Though the map gave a basic layout from the sensor suites on the starship, it lacked critical details. Namely pinpoint Infrared and EM emissions. Enemy locations, in other words. He wanted that before he comitted his lance. He rose to conduct his bearings, and could see the complex that this early-industrial civilization used to refine and create chemicals. He noted various points of interest, mostly where he would place troops and weapons. There were too many to count, and the approaches left the enemy excellent fields of fire no matter where he attacked from. He did not want to pointlessly throw away his troops in a demonstrational frontal attack simply to draw their fire while his Sangheili team planted the charges on the dropships. ALthough that would achieve his mission, he figured enough soldiers had been lost to these upstart primates today.

He dropped into dead ground. When he was sure he couldn't be seen by the enemy, he deactivated his Active Camouflage and touched a control unit on his harness. distantly, he heard the moan of the two Banshees and one of the Spirit dropships as they took to the air to conduct a recon-by-fire and sensor sweep of the likely enemy area.

"There is no battlefield problem that cannot be solved through heavy enough firepower." The Sangheili-Major remembered from his days at the academy. Most Sangheili disagreed. They would rather maneuver endlessly, constantly flanking and jinking in an attempt to spread out the enemy's defenses. It was considered Warfare as Art. An honorable way to run a war. But the Sangheili-Major had little time for such niceties: the dropships had to be scuttled before they could be hidden away for study.

Now he would test to see if his old teacher was correct.

TAG: Vangarian, others.

6. Vangarian

Mar 9, 2003
    In Game/IC as Sutton and Estiphon:

Sutton and his platoon had arrived at the their new position with the cuvvy weapons on hand, as well as their own. Sutton ordered his remaining AT-4 CSs and three Stingers brought on line for the little fighters. Their vantage point was on an incline west of the latest landing site. Three AS-50s with infrared scopes activated were spaced intermittenly with the other shooters in order to both target and spot the hoofers for the rest. Each AS-50 was accompanied with two Six Packs armed with Mercury 40mm high explosive rounds with an 800 meter range.

Estiphon's platoon secured their boats near the shore of the Miss up stream from where they had been by half a mile. The location was good for cover. As he and his men lined the near slope facing the Covenant landing site from the south. Estiphon saw an infrared laser light shining his way from Sutton's hiding spot with his infrared night goggles. He answered with his infrared laser sight. They both heard the Banshees and the dropship starting up their antigravity drives. All three rose up and started heading towards the refinery. When the cuvvy troops stopped Estiphon, knew the game plan had changed. He now anticipated a recon by fire approach by the Covenant leader. He hoped that the natural gas silos would be missed. Time would tell. He then decided that if one or more of the natural gas silos were hit they would deliberately blow the rest and simaltaneously attack the invisible hoofers while they were distracted by the explosion. Estiphon linked up with Sutton's laser light communication unit so that they couldn't be overheard from outside.

"Sutton. Let's see if the little fighters come closer to the Natural gas silos before we blow them. Keep the hoofers scoped with infrared and let's see what they do as well."

"Aye, sir."

The Banshee's and Dropship approached the refinery and began firing into different pockets and hiding places in the refinery's shadows. The little fighters drifted from the side of the refinery nearest to the Miss towards the side nearest to the administration building where the downed dropship lay. The silos down towards the Miss were catching on fire due to the plasma bursts igniting minor spills in containment areas. Both Estiphon and Sutton knew their window of opportunity was fast approaching.

First one then the other Banshee fighter drifted over the natural gas silos. Estiphon hit the detonation button for the C-4 bricks. They blew!

"Estiphon to all AS-50s and Six Packs. Open fire! Stingers hit that dropsship's anti-gravity field!

The resultant combined explosions were so devistating that the Banshees were lost from sight. Devistation rained down in the midst of the Elites. Many had received head shots to their armored heads that sent them staggering about only to be outright killed from the follow up explosive round of a 40mm Mercury High Explosive grenade round. Some attempted to dive for cover only to find that being in an open field was not cover enough from the long range grenades. It was turning into a slaughter. All this while the forward units stood watching the explosions to the east of them. Oblivious to their leaders' dire situation. Stingers lanced out and hit the antigravity field of the hovering Dropship. Much like its predicessor it wobbled then dropped to ground like a rock.

TAG: Deiskrad, Anyone.

7. Vangarian

Mar 9, 2003
    IC as Major Todd Stephon Michelson, Commanding Officer of VMM-268 'Valkry' Squadron, Lt. Commander Anthony Ramon Estiphon, Commanding Officer of Platoons one and two of DEVGRU/SEAL TEAM 6, NPC LT. Sutton, Platoon leader of Second Platoon, Air Force Captain Carl Vincent Summers, Command Pilot of Spirit-5 an AC-130/U 'Spooky' Gunship Dispatched out of Hurlburt Field, FL and Sangheili Major Domo, (Lance Commader) N'sar Kadasramee (Joyous Bloody Fist):

Sangheili Major Elite, N'sar Kadasramee counted himself fortunate when the Ambush from the pagan apes began. He needn't have worried about his four echelons of troops being attacked. At least not immediately. It was quite a different story for the minor Elites under his command. The tactic was the same as what he'd assessed that took place with the other Recon Teams sent to dispatch the first downed Dropship. N'sar Kadasramee crawled flat away from the slaughter of his dying fellow Elites. The ground was low enough for him to make it to the one remaining Dropship before he sprinted up the ramp. He knew that he'd have to clear a path for the rest of his lance to make it to the downed Dropships for destruction, then back to his Dropship for escape.

"Pilot activate the plasma cannon and take out the two groups assaulting us, immediately!" he bellowed.

The dropship was on its landing gear and thus the plasma cannon was clear to fire. The turret swung around to first platoon and fired. Mo and Spooky were incinerated and gone in an instant. The turret turned towards the second platoon's position to fire again. As this was happening the echelons ran to the administration building to destroy the original dropship. When the turrent had traversed to the new target, there was none to be seen. Second Platoon had dropped below observable position. Suddenly four Hummers launched up and over the field's edge and raced in a zigzag pattern thus increasing the difficulty of acquiring a lock on any of the mobile targets. They were going to try and take this dropship too! He knew it! If he ordered the dropship airborne they'd shoot it down by firing one of their missles at the anti-gravity field! He'd have to fight on ground level! He made ready to meet his enemies face to face!

Estiphon knew from the way things were going that they missed one of the Elites. He'd gotten a glimps of him as he dashed up the dropship's ramp. By then the rest of the elites were cooling corpses. He broke radio silence and called Sutton to get ready to use the Hummers to make a mad dash to the dropship's loading ramp. Sutton complied. That's when he'd lost Mo and Spooky in an instant. The rest of them had hunkered down to avoid further plasma fire. The turret turned in search of more prey. Sutton and second platoon had already withdrawn to the hummers and were out of sight. The turret aimlessly turned back and forth looking for targets. Then suddenly the Hummers lept over the ridge's edge back onto the field and raced zigzag style to the dropship's ramps.

The Kig-yar stuck to the plan with those troops under his guidance. He'd spotted the assault upon his greatly respected Sangheili Elite Major and took the opportunity to finish the mission as best as could be done. They formed up in an attack formation and advanced to the second downed dropship to plant explosives charges. Within a few minutes they had rigged the second downed drop ship to blow and the Kig-yar had gone on to the first one in the Administration building with half of the Lance leaving the others to guard any approach to the second dropship just in case.

Estiphon saw his next opportunity to strike back and enabled the detonators 1-12 installed at the entrances of the Administration building. As they approached he popped up the switch guard. He pressed the button and they dead in flames. Pay Back's a Bi@#%, he thought.

Michelson was nearly 3/4ths the way to the pick up site for the dropships. Surely things were heating up at the moment on site. The combat chatter was in full

8. Deiskrad

Sep 22, 2004
    IC: Joe Olsen, Commander 1st Tank Battalion, Fort Knox, Tennessee

It had been three days and Olsen was finally getting some sleep. Upon arriving at Baton Rouge, the Battalion found that though the Rail cars were adequate to transport the tanks massive weight, the cranes at the loading station were not. Olsen had loaded up the lighter vehicles: the paladins, the Hummers, the M113?s, etc., and sent them on to Fort Knox. A day later, adequate cranes were obtained, and the battalion?s tanks were loaded and headed north.

Upon arriving at Fort Knox, Olsen spent nearly 6 hours debriefing. The repeated questions and the slightly incredulous nature of the interviewers combined with his considerable fatigue did more than a little to irritate him. Still, he was a professional and answered their questions.

Yes, it was true that the enemy he encountered were exclusively dismounted infantry.

No, he did not encounter any vehicles. The AA turrets he encountered were fixed, they bore four jointed legs like an arthropod.

(at this point they showed him photographs of alien ground vehicles encountered elsewhere on Earth. Among them were light zippy vehicles that he?d classify as reconnaissance rides. They were codenamed ?ghosts?. And a purple monstrosity that HAD to be their equivalent of a main battle tank: Codenamed ?wraith?. Both vehicles seemed to coast on a cushion of air, as there were no wheels or tracks visible. There were other photos of different vehicles, but they were not of a high-enough resolution to garner any real intelligence. They could even be the same vehicles with minor variations. Olsen grimly wondered what their role in the next battle would be.)

Yes, he had heard through the command net that prisoners had been taken, but not by his unit.

Yes, he had recovered some alien small arms, and handed them over to a flight of Osprey?s who took them back to the i]Ronald Reagan[/i].

Do I have any suggestions? Absolutely. If they like to fight dismounted infantry, we need more canister rounds. We only have three in the traditional load-out. I used up all three in short order. And a silver bullet will do zilch against infantry. We need to quickly get those additional armored skirts on the tanks to defend against their plasma fire and grenades. We need more and better close-in air defense, as it seems that our air force will be unable to stop the enemy aviation units from shooting us up. We need alternate communications because that plasma plays hell with our traditional radio comms, and for god?s sake, we can?t afford to penny packet our defenses. Things were hopelessly uncoordinated and random. Next time we need a concentrated, combined arms approach to beat these B*******!

He realized he was nearly shouting, and quieted. They dismissed him soon afterwards, and he stumbled away to check on his troops. It was there that he found one of his Lieutenants attaching Claymore mines to the flanks of his tank.

?What are you doing, Lieutenant Carius??

?Protection sir. If the Aliens try to board our tank, or get real close?? he mimed pulling the lanyard on a Napoleonic cannon.

For the first time in days, Olsen smiled. His smile turned into a grin as he realized the potential, and it washed away his tiredness.

?Lieutenant Carius, that?s a Hooah idea! Adapt, improvise, and overcome: you?re doing just that. If you can get it to work, expect to be Captain Carius real soon.?

?Thank you sir!?

Olsen then retreated to the quarters the people at Fort Knox had set up for him. It was a simple room with just a bunk and a phone. He used the phone.

During the conversation with his wife, he several times had to pull away from the phone and bite his knuckle fiercely to keep the flood of tears at bay. He loved his wife, but he did not want her to hear this or see it.

He let it out later in private, and slept one of the deepest sleeps of his life.

TAG: Vangarian, Sanc, Anyone

9. Vangarian

Mar 9, 2003
    IC: Todd Stephon Michaelson in command of VMM-268 Valkry Squadron.
    Lt. Cmdr. Anthony Ramone Estiphon in Command of Platoons One and Two of DEVGRU/ST-6

In Game: Carrier Strike Group 7 with USS Ronald Reagan CVN 76 out bound from Lake Panchartrain. Destination: Secret!

Debriefing was always a trip down memory lane. Memories, both good and bad were both a blessing and a curse. This debriefing was no different.

"When you charged the last Dropship, did the Elite use anything unigue or different in the way of weaponry, Commander Estiphon?" asked Commander Tennysen.

"Other than the Plasma grenades, yes he did," answered Estiphon.

"Could you describe what weapon he used?" asked Commander Tennysen.

"It was a kind of bladed weapon that had to be activated before using it," said Estiphon.

"How long from initial activation to readiness would you say it took in seconds?" asked Tennysen.

"Almost instantaneously, sir," answered Estiphon.

"How effective in your opinion would you say this Melee weapon was?" Tennysen asked.

"It Pierced through our Dragon scale body armor in a single thrust and our combat knives were ineffectual in deflecting it if the blade was edge on against them, sir," Estiphon answered.

"In your earlier statement," said Tennysen "you said that the weapon was damaged by a shot from one of your team members. Is that correct?"

"It would appear to be so, sir. But I wouldn't know for certain, as I'm not qualified to know for certain," said Estiphon.

"Did it appear to have taken damage from the shot by...Lt. Sutton?" asked Tennysen.

"Sir I don't know. All I know is that it didn't seem to work when I attempted to activate it afterwards," said Estiphon.

"Next time leave the experimentation to those more qualified, Leautenant Estiphon," ordered Commander Tennysen.

"Yes, sir," answered Estiphon.

"You are not at fault for the death of those under your command during your mission to Norco, LA.," stated Commander Tennysen. "In a war with an advanced technology baring enemy, one must expect the unusual as a common occurance. You are dismissed for now. I may recall you for further details on your initial report," Tennysen said , rising to his feet and saluting Estiphon.

"Aye-aye, sir," answered Estiphon, saluting back then turned and left.

Two hours later, the 'Gipper' was underway to its new destination and the sailors and marines were gathered to bid farewell to their fallen.

Mo, Spooky, Xima, Struthers, Tex, Lane and Teeter. It was still a shock. He'd never be able to get used to it, losing his own. Twenty one shots later the sea received them and they were gone. Memorial was low key but they were able to unload their burden by being together. Somehow being together did make a difference and they were able to endure.

Later-on the fan tail-Estiphon spotted the Marine pilot Michaelson from VMM-268.

They talked for three hours about everthing from the Convenant to Alien Conspiracies to hidden government underground bases. He thought Michaelson knew his stuff about those topics but wasn't telling him about everything for obvious reasons. He walked with Michaelson up to his Squadron of Ospreys.

"I can promise you one thing, Commander Estiphon," said Michaelson. "When we next fight them, improvisation and ingenuity will make the difference. That and just plain guts. Your style of combat is going to make the difference in making their numbers dwindle more quickly. We're not out of this fight by a long shot. Not yet."

They saluted and shook hands.

"God's speed Major, Michaelson. You give 'em hell!" said Estiphon.

Michaelson smiled and left with his Valkries. Estiphon went in, then down below the flight deck to his quarters, had a good cry, then turned in for sleep.

Carrier Strike Group 7 sailed on.

10. Vangarian

Mar 9, 2003
    Cut scene to a flight of four C-5As in flight heading north towards Wright Patterson AFB to the tune of 'Time Machine' written and performed by Joe Satrioni.

Date: Febuarary 25th.
    Time: 21:54 hours

The four C-5A Galaxys approached Wright Patterson Air Force Base at what appeared a leaserly pace from out of the south. FEMA had ordered all unnecessary air traffic in the area grounded until these birds came in safely. A third plane-a C-130 Herky bird cargo carrier-also flew in with the first four.

The cargo consisted of four downed enemy shuttles, their on board recovered weapons and the ice packed enemy bodies for study and evaluation by the brightest and best scientific minds in one place that could be mustered by the FEMA government of the United States. The Herky carried one lone living cargo from another world. It was called an Elite Major and it was responsible for the deaths of five Navy SEALs in personal combat in close quarters. Tower got them in. One at a time they were ferried to the high security section where their contents would be off loaded and transfered to deep underground were work would begin figuring out the physics and engineering that was used to build these ships, weapons and armor.

TAG: Sanctimoniously, Deiskrad or anyone else.

11. Deiskrad

Sep 22, 2004
    OOC:

Hey all. First off, let me say thanks to everyone that played and plays. You guys are great, but I have to say that it's over. yup. Halo: TODAY is shutting down. Sorry, but it's over.

However, the story isn't, and the game isn't. Which is why I'm proud to announce that the second Halo:TODAY campaign is starting right now! Halo TODAY: Crossroads of America is starting up right away, and it's open to both old and new players.

So, come on over to Indiana. Get loaded for bear and jump into your foxhole and prove to these alien a******* who this planet belongs to. It used to be "Uncle Sam Wants You!", but now it's "The Planet Wants You!"

So, it's your patriotic duty to humanity to come on over and sign up.

Now. Right now.

TAG: All

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.