main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Halo Wars: RTS Set In The Halo Universe.

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Uncle_Owen_Kenobi, Sep 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aragorn327

Aragorn327 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2001
    It would also break continuity, as the humans lost pretty much every battle in space, other than the noted battles in the Halo books.

2. Indiana_Fett

Indiana_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 12, 2004
    Isn't it after CE? The marines are using the Battle Rifle.

3. Darth_Omega

Darth_Omega Force Ghost star 6

May 19, 2002
    I would have been interested if it weren't on a console.

4. darthnave

darthnave Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 5, 2005
    So? The UNSC baisically gets slautered everywhere anyway. Plus, who says they can't do that with a the Covenant campaign. They never said that they weren't gonna make one.

5. bluenote421

bluenote421 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 27, 2006
    I'm warrily excited for this. a plus is ensemble studios, if bungie were doing it it probably wouldnt be released until we actually COULD join the UNSC. hopefully they'll go the same route with this as they did with Halo:CE and release it for PC and Mac at some point. when that happens ill seriously look into it.

6. -Phoenix-

-Phoenix- Jedi Master star 5

Oct 21, 2005
    Well I haven't read the books, but of what I do know, there's nothing that specifically states when the battle rifle was created. Maybe it just doesn't show up in Halo 1, like the assault rifle in Halo 2, even though it apparently makes a comeback in Halo 3.

So the battle rifle could have been around earlier.

7. Indiana_Fett

Indiana_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 12, 2004
    It does? Nice. I love the AR.

8. darthnave

Sep 5, 2005
    I've read the books. The Battle Rifle wasn't around before the discovery of the first Halo. They weren't available until sometime after its destruction. A few SPARTANs were on Reach and found prototypes of the Battle Rifle in an armory.

9. -Phoenix-

-Phoenix- Jedi Master star 5

Oct 21, 2005
    Well okay then. Knowledge prevails.

10. Obi-Wan21

Obi-Wan21 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2002
    One way or the other, the game DOES take place BEFORE Halo: Combat Evolved. Bungie said so themselves. The planting of the AR could be anything to an early design choice for videos or something more.

11. clonetrooper1

clonetrooper1 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 12, 2005
    i always wanted to play a halo version of age of empires

but only for 360 thats got to be a joke

12. bluenote421

bluenote421 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 27, 2006
    if i remember correctly, didnt they also find a MORE powerful pistol along with the battle rifle? how does that explain the peashooter in halo 2? i dont really care about the accuracy of plot, i just want a kickass game. maybe theyll add in all those failed vehicles like the atv.

13. darthnave

Sep 5, 2005
    I'm hoping the add Pelicans for commandable vehicles instead of just a simple vehicle that comes by and drops-off troops and stuff.

14. itlnstlon77

itlnstlon77 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 25, 2006

Perhaps it will become available to PC a bit later like with the FPS'.

It looks really fun though, that trailer had me hooked. I must have watched it 20 times lol.

15. The_Chim

The_Chim Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 2001
    It would be better if we actually got to see in game, but that trailer is still badass. Makes me want to go to war with everyone in my dorm.

16. Vezner

Vezner Force Ghost star 5

Dec 29, 2001
    RTS games on a console? Worst idea ever! Why does the gaming industry mock the PC gamers so? A Halo RTS on PC would be a great idea!

17. itlnstlon77

itlnstlon77 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 25, 2006
    I know, it is a very bad idea but for some reason they think it will catch on. I remember hearing that some guy said that with Battle for Middle Earth II on the 360 it would be like Halo for FPS'. I find that hilarious now though since A. that game was terrible, and B. that an actual Halo RTS is coming out.

It will never work well on a console though, it just doesn't have the feel that a PC rts has.

18. lieutenant_ketch

lieutenant_ketch Jedi Padawan star 4

May 17, 2006
    Actually there is a good game I have played on the PS2 thats RTS. it's called Golbin Commander.

19. plo_koom

plo_koom Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 26, 2002
    It's because Halo was the only game that every gave microsoft a profitable quarter for their games division. They need to milk the series a little. I find this reiteration of the Halo universe a little cheap. The bad artisitic vision, the cheesy lines. If that trailer represents the finished product, you can expect a really lame plot and a shallow polished look that completely conflicts with the stylistic art of Halo.

I'll probably be first in line to buy it. It's got Halo in the title.

20. Jedi_Master_Conor

Jedi_Master_Conor Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 24, 2005
    Personally I'd rather see RTS games on the PC but since this is Halo and I have an XBOX 360 I'll probably end up getting it

21. clonetrooper1

Apr 12, 2005
    if they use the graphics they used in the trailler for the acutaly game you'd think its a real life event

22. Thamelion

Thamelion Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 5, 2005
    Halo RTS eh... sounds like the guys working there are trying to get the players to stop bugging them about halo 3 to me.

23. clonetrooper1

Apr 12, 2005
    it could be a distraction

then when we are all into this and forget halo3 bam!

24. cbrowns4812

cbrowns4812 Jedi Master star 1

Mar 27, 2005
    Just keep in mind that its not being developed by Bungie, but by Ensemble. As for whether an RTS will work on a console, it is important to note that this game is being designed FOR a console's controls, rather than adapting a PC RTS to a console. People said that FPS would never work on consoles. Halo proved that assumption false, so perhaps it can work its magic a second time.

25. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    >>People said that FPS would never work on consoles. Halo proved that assumption false, so perhaps it can work its magic a second time.<<

I would think Goldeneye proved FPS could work on consoles, actually.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.