main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gaming Combat Evolved: The Halo Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by BISMARCK, May 21, 2002.

1. SOF_GUNNER

SOF_GUNNER Jedi Youngling

Feb 25, 2007
    all u guys have great points but halo can get kinda boring after the first few min. i mean i play it all the time but there r some better games out there.

2. Jedi_Hunter_505

Jedi_Hunter_505 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 1, 2004
    Yes, Halo does pwn all into submission! But there is one game that alone can dethrone it.. and that game is Gears of War!!!

Quite possibly the best game ever made.

3. Beowulf

Beowulf Jedi Master star 5

May 28, 1999
  4. JediCouncilMaster

JediCouncilMaster Jedi Youngling star 6

Jun 23, 2005
    Halo is one of those games that can never get old for me, just like Call of Duty... :D

5. Yodas-evil-twin

Yodas-evil-twin Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 3, 2005
    I thought the spike weapon was going to be some sort of explosive.

6. -Phoenix-

-Phoenix- Jedi Master star 5

Oct 21, 2005
    You're probably thinking of the spike grenade.

7. zacparis

zacparis VIP star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 1, 2003
    So apparently the Halo 3 "Beta" demo will be released on 16 May.

Link

It's only available for 3 weeks... it's gonna be nuts.

8. Ackbar_The_Great

Ackbar_The_Great Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 20, 2004
    Can't wait for that demo. By the way, has there been any new info on Halo Wars(the RST)?

9. Yodas-evil-twin

Yodas-evil-twin Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 3, 2005
    Yeah. Blood spattered Gamestop couunters nuts.

10. Reynar_Tedros

Reynar_Tedros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 3, 2006
    Halo 3: Recon details

To the delight of devoted fans across the world, at the Tokyo Game Show Microsoft debuted Halo 3: Recon, developed exclusively for Xbox 360 by acclaimed developer Bungie. This new chapter in the Halo saga lets you experience events leading up to the epic story told in Halo 3 through the eyes of a new hero in the Halo universe.

The stand-alone expansion, set to release in fall 2009, extends the award-winning Halo® 3 experience with hours of new campaign excursions and multiplayer gameplay. In addition, attendees were given an all-new glimpse of the Xbox 360 exclusive strategy game Halo Wars from Ensemble Studios. The campaign mode provided a thrilling taste of the revolutionary gameplay and new perspective of the Halo universe. Enjoy the full experience when Halo Wars hits retailers in early 2009.

[image=http://xboxoz360.files.wordpress.com/2008/10/halo-recon-3.jpg]

Game Details
    This new chapter in the Halo universe includes the following:

All-new campaign content: The Halo 3: Recon campaign is an intriguing side story that takes place during the terrifying events leading up to the Master Chief?s return to New Mombasa in Halo 3. Experience the fate of Earth from the brand-new perspective of a special forces ODST (Orbital Drop Shock Trooper), adding a unique outlook and new gameplay elements to the events that unfold in the trilogy?s finale. While the feel of this new chapter greatly resembles that of previous Halo experiences, Halo 3: Recon will require you to employ more elements of stealth and cunning than ever before.

[image=http://xboxoz360.files.wordpress.com/2008/10/halo-recon-1.jpg] [image=http://xboxoz360.files.wordpress.com/2008/10/halo-recon-2.jpg]

Prepare to drop: Known for their courage, valor and, at times, insanity, ODSTs are among the fiercest UNSC soldiers, priding themselves on being the first unit deployed into hostile situations. While not as large or supernaturally gifted as their Spartan comrades, these ?Hell Jumpers? more than compensate with their ferocious attitudes and unwavering nerve.

[image=http://xboxoz360.files.wordpress.com/2008/10/halo3exp2-560x315.jpg] [image=http://xboxoz360.files.wordpress.com/2008/10/halo3exp-560x315.jpg]

Expanded multiplayer collection: No Halo experience would be complete without groundbreaking multiplayer content, and Halo 3: Recon gives fans more of what they love. With exclusive new maps and expanded Forge options, Xbox LIVE® Gold members will find more multiplayer content than ever before with Halo 3: Recon.

[image=http://xboxoz360.files.wordpress.com/2008/10/halo3exp4-560x315.jpg] [image=http://xboxoz360.files.wordpress.com/2008/10/halo3exp3-560x315.jpg]

Ever-growing community options: Enjoy all the great Halo 3 technological innovations, including Saved Films, screenshots, Campaign Scoring, and four-player co-op. All of the new multiplayer maps fully support the Forge editor, offering endless gameplay customization possibilities.

Trailer

11. Burning_Hatred

Burning_Hatred Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 30, 2005
    I saw an article for this on gamesradar earlier. The trailer looks pretty sweet, I'll definitely keep an eye on this one.

12. JediLight

JediLight Force Ghost star 4

May 31, 2001
    Pumped about more Halo. Nice post Reynar_Tedros.

I'm glad it sounds like a new experience. I do have a feeling it will continue as a 1st person shooter.

13. -Phoenix-

-Phoenix- Jedi Master star 5

Oct 21, 2005
    I couldn't be more happy about this. The gun that that ODST has in the trailer looks so cool. I wanna see brutes and elites that are big and scary. We're not 7 feet tall any more, so hopefully the scale will reflect that.

14. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    Er...the MP gameplay pics are from an already existing Halo 3 map (namely, "Ghost Town").

Honestly, I'm not psyched for this so called expansion, which to me feels like it should be named "Halo Lite", if not "ODST: Brothers in Arms". I was a Halo enthusiast, and I'd've rather see the fate of the Master Chief rather than put on the boots of a mere mortal ODST.

15. JediLight

JediLight Force Ghost star 4

May 31, 2001
    It's a first person shooter and you'll be able to play multiplayer across both games.

1up Story

16. cggunnersmate

cggunnersmate Jedi Master star 1

Jul 24, 2007
    I'm looking forward to it. Though I would love to see what happened to MC & Cortana after Halo 3, or maybe a game with some of the surviving SPARTANS I don't think I'll mind playing as an ODST. It looks to be more of a stealth oriented game than the run & gun of past Halos. The ODST won't have the shields the SPARTANS have so it'll likely either have a regerative health system like Call of Duty 4 or have scattered med pacs like the first HALO. The SMG with the sound suppressor looks cool (hopefully there will be more suppressed weapons in game like a suppressed Battle Rifle or Sniper Rifle would be cool). Melee attacks will likely be less effective against larger foes like the Brutes (maybe they'll add a melee weapon like a knife similar to COD4).

Well I can't wait!

17. JasperMereel_

JasperMereel_ Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 20, 2006
    The more I keep hearing about this title, the more I like it. It will most certainly be on my radar.

18. Jedi-Anakin-Solo

Jedi-Anakin-Solo Force Ghost star 6

Dec 26, 2001
    more Haloz w00t

I'll be interested in this for sure later. I mean, it's still a year away. All my Halo-Hype is going toward Halo Wars right now.

19. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    Since you're an un-enhanced human not wearing a ton of Mjolnir armor, yeah, I think it's a given melee bashing Brutes is out of the question this time around.

20. Jango10

Jango10 Jedi Master star 5

Sep 22, 2002
  21. Valyn

Valyn Jedi Master star 8

Mar 2, 2002
    Will this have split-screen coop campaign mode like the original game?

22. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    I don't think so. It looks like it's gonna be 4 player online coop again. Here's the down low from Bungie. It's not a ODST Brothers In Arms, but the main character is still an ODST playing amidst the events of Halo 2-3. The pseudo smiley-faced New Mombasa city AI, known by Bungie.net dwellers as "the Superintendent", seems to be you AI companion/guide this time around.

23. drunken-hutt

drunken-hutt Jedi Youngling

Sep 17, 2008
    The game probably still has 2 player splitscreen co-op though

24. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    I don't have any of the Halo games anymore, so I honestly can't recall if you could play 3 offline splitscreen.

25. Darth-Vassago

Darth-Vassago Jedi Master star 5

Jun 28, 2004
    Yes, you can play Halo 3 split-screen offline. My friends and I did for a bit (before he got a 360).

I'm slightly excited about this. As time passes I'm sure my excitement will jump, but for now it just looks nice. It'd be something if they incorporated a Rainbow Six flavor to it all, but my opinion is overly bias; I love Rainbow Six.