main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gaming Combat Evolved: The Halo Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by BISMARCK, May 21, 2002.

1. Jedi_Allegra

Jedi_Allegra Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 10, 2003
    It's true it does. I played it once on pc. CTF match, but everyone was goofing. I find LIVE more intense. *shrug*

2. yellow_command535

yellow_command535 Jedi Youngling

Jun 16, 2005
    Its a great game no doubt but Half-life 2 is much better in my opinoin.

3. Squishy_Vic

Squishy_Vic Jedi Master star 4

Dec 18, 2004
    I still play Xbox Live... GamerTag is SnC ViC

Its also in my signature if you want it ...

4. deadjedi_willbe

deadjedi_willbe Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 31, 2003
    Are there any cheats/codes for PC?

5. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    Halo is the best video game this side of the North American continent. Can't wait for Halo 3 and the Movie itself.

6. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    I heard from someone that after the Halo RTS game there will be a game that has Pete Jackson involved in which...quote: "It will change the way we play games."

Anyone know anything about this?

7. Obi-Wan21

Obi-Wan21 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2002
    Yeah, Bungie confirmed that Jackson is working on a new Halo game that will begin a new arc in the Hao Saga, and take place after Halo 3. It's being done by Weta and Bungie and Peter Jackson is doing the story and such. It's going to be a game, yet like a film. It's suppose to be something really different. They're just really vague on these points.

8. lieutenant_ketch

lieutenant_ketch Jedi Padawan star 4

May 17, 2006
    Just so everyone knows my gamertag is Master_Munchkin

9. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    Like a game but like a film, I would wonder then if it really just means it is a form of RPG. I loved the movie cutscenes of the Halo games and I wanted more of them so some form of interaction in that regard would be cool.

10. Drew_Atreides

Drew_Atreides Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 30, 2002
    Well, i know i'm a good fives years behind the times, but i had never really played thru the single player of Halo or Halo 2 on my own (played a fair amount of the game on 2p Co-op, and i also have had SOME time with it online on a PC).

Having an Xbox360 that allows for backwards compatiblity, I decided to pick up the 2 Halos the other day. I'm chugging thru the single player of the first one right now. Has some really cool moments.

11. clonetrooper1

clonetrooper1 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 12, 2005
    your favrioute moment so far is?

12. Drew_Atreides

Apr 30, 2002
    Well, i'll see if i can explain it properly.

You just got done rescuing Captain Keyes from the Covenant detention block, and then you hijack a Covenant Dropship and head back to the surface.

Next level, you're cruising along in the back of one of YOUR dropships, getting glimpses out the back of the beach you're about to land on and storm. Next thing, you jump out with a bunch of troopers and just storm up the beach in a very high-paced shootemup. Sequence.

13. dakinJmacwalker

dakinJmacwalker Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 15, 2005
    Halo 1 was ok Halo 2 outright sucked Halo 3 probablly gonna suck with next gen capabilities suck. Get over HALO!!

14. Drew_Atreides

Apr 30, 2002
    ...i dunno... I mean, "Halo" is very laidback.. There's a very mello, very understated atmosphere to it, but...I swear i've played thru the first 1/3 of this game at least 3 times now (in various incarnations, ie 2 player coop, on my underpowered PC, on my new 360) and it's still darned cool every single time i play thru it.

15. Aragorn327

Aragorn327 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2001
    I enjoyed the 3 books, because I am a nerd.

16. Star_Rocker

Star_Rocker Jedi Master star 4

Jan 16, 2006
    Dude don't come into a Halo Thread and Go "Get over Halo", that's like going into a star wars site and going, "Get over Star Wars it sucks all six of'em."

Well unlike everyone else I thought that they were both great games, though Halo 2 was a bit over rated because of all of the hype. Still I think it's a great game, glad the pistol had gone to a "normal" pistol power, not super-duper overpowered pistol that can kill you in an instant.

17. Master-Fett

Master-Fett Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 25, 2002
    Ah, the Silent Cartographer opening scene, very awsome.

Mine would be when Cheif takes Guitly Spark to the control room and Spark and Cortana exchange insults.

Aw, is he your pal? You chum?

Also I gotta say, I hate the libary level just because its so damn overwhelming and off the handle, but I just LOVE Guilty Spark's lines as hes strolling along opening the doors. 'Excellent, only ten more doors to go!'
    TEN MORE?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!

I so tottaly understood Han's attitude towards threepio after playing that level.

18. Jedi_Master_Conor

Jedi_Master_Conor Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 24, 2005
  19. Saper

Saper Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 12, 2006
    There is NOTHING like the high you get after beating halo. :D[face_dancing][face_hypnotized][face_devil][face_love]

I just played through campaign again because when I get my 360 on Dec 21st the first thing I'm getting is Halo 2. I've played through it fully before but it was all in pieces so I haven't really gotten the full experience yet. Though I play multiplayer over my friends houses all the time. So yea I just played through it to get pumped and ready. Still haven't beaten it on Legendary but Hard was good enough for me.

20. Indiana_Fett

Indiana_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 12, 2004
    I can't believe no one posted this yet.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=9n9FTfgueLk

21. Saper

Saper Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 12, 2006
    No one has posted it because we have an entire thread dedicated to Halo 3.

22. Indiana_Fett

Indiana_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 12, 2004
    Of course. Then I wonder what the point of this thread is.:p

23. The_Crow

The_Crow Jedi Master star 4

Jan 10, 2006
    Oh, Halo. Without a doubt, one of my favourite games. I've not played it in the last year or so (since I started playing Half-Life:eek:) but I still think and talk about it, lol. With the launch of Halo 2 for PC I'll probably install Halo again and play it until I have Windows Vista.

24. anakinskywalkerhalo1

anakinskywalkerhalo1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 5, 2007
    Has anyone heard about the Scarab Gun?

25. JMAS119311

JMAS119311 Jedi Youngling

Jan 4, 2007
    how many people on this board have never played halo but says it sucks